WWE Raw - Power To The People Night

ChapManiA

Not much more can be said that hasnt already...but i'll add my two cents about Mason Ryan..At the risk of upsetting anyone on here who actually likes him, i really do feel he fucking shite. He looks like he is so clumsy he may just randomly fall over, his facial expressions are shocking( his "Intense" look is more "confused") and his overall act is just shite.Even Batista had something going for him that they managed to drag out and turn into a headline act, this big muppet is devoid of any ability other than to lift heavy weights and lie under a sunbed! And for them to say that the "universe" voted for him to face Bourne? Its pretty obvious from the boos he received that they bloody well didnt. He really is dead weight. Fuck him off back to the holiday camp circuit. Total shite.

And judging by the tan line across the top of his trunks he can't even do that right!

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was in the WWE.com live chat last night and they were running their own polls for the various matches. Sin Cara polled 90% to face Evan Bourne. Its shocking to think that the txt vote could be so different. I feel all the votes were rigged. Remember that Vince likes Mason Ryan, so it made sense that they'd have him win the vote by a landslide as viewers then think 'Wow, Mason is a big deal, people want to see him wrestle'

Paperbag on a poll match for Daniel Bryan vs Cody was also very popular but missed out by loads in the txt vote, as did over the over the top rope match choice between Kane and Mark Henry AND Vicki to be banned from Ringside in the U.S title match.

The WWE.com staff in the chat were even questioning the validity of the voting. Twitter was buzzing with calls of FIX!

Vicki vs Michael Cole in a dance off was total crap. They could have made time to feature a certain Zack Ryder.

This has to be one of the worst periods in WWE that I can ever remember. There seems to be no effort by creative to make us care about what we are watching. Why no mic time for people like Evan Bourne and Daniel Bryan and Kofi Kingston, that would help to make them seem more interesting.

Arrrrgh!

Aside from CM Punk's opening speech that was an atrocious Raw. Kelly Kelly's blatantly fake crying after winning the Diva's shows that her acting skills are no better than her wrestling ability. The fans either hate Evan Bourne and wanted to see him get beaten up or enjoy watching Mason Ryan be shit. Mark Henry vowing to "keep doing this until I get respect" after slamming Kane through the announce table was pretty cool, although I think Henry's ship has sailed after so many failed and aborted pushes. The Truth/Miz/Christian routine was embarrassing for everyone involved but it took a turn for the dumb when the GM of another show turns up and makes a match involving the three guys they faced at the previous nights PPV, yawn. And speaking of boring predictable booking how about putting CM Punk in the ring with Rey Mysterio, and then they add Alboreto as a halfassed means of disguising the fact that Punk and Mysterio have fought hundreds of times and are now fighting again for absolutely no reason. Christian's main event career is dead. R-Truth continues to be a cartoon character. Cena wins again.

I can't believe that the highpoint of an episode of Monday Night Raw in the year 2011 was CM Punk laying on his back in the middle of the ring making pretend snow angels. Let that sink in for a minute.

I don't know who this program is supposed to be aimed at, but I don't think it's me.

To the best of my knowledge the arm wrestling epic was the first segment in WWE history to produce a 'this is stupid!' chant from the crowd. I had trouble working it out at first because I suspect the commentators were told to keep running their mouths to try and disguise it. It slaughtered the audience in much the same way as Zeke and Wade did a night before.

I agree with the thread consensus of 'fuck everyone and everything but CM Punk'. I could watch him stalk the stalls picking on people and doing his David Koresh shtick for the full two hours each week. The WWE is safe and stagnant right now and I'm dissapointed and kind of surprised that as of yet a big summer angle hasn't come into play. Especially surprising on the back of what in hindsight was a bloody decent 2010 [that produced no fruits in 2011 with regards to the new talent but that's another story].

Regardless of the outcome Punk's got me hooked for the Money In The Bank show. Not only is the lead in great and not only will we be getting two packed ladder matches but it's in Chicago - WrestleMania 22's building to be exact. The crowd I imagine will be unglued.

Bring it on.

The votes won't of been rigged as it was a text vote so they charged ppl to vote if they rigged it then it's fraud.

Plus you could tell they were shocked that Mason won as it was so obvious they wanted Sin Cara to win they couldn't of made that more obvious if they had a neon sign flashing above his head pointing down saying pick him

If CM Punk really does decide to leave then I think that'll be the end of my WWE days. It's sad but everything I enjoyed about the company seems to have gradually faded away to the point where I'm wondering why I even bother to take the time to watch something that only makes me angry. I want to believe that this Punk thing is leading somewhere interesting but seeing as it's WWE I'm predicting either a Cena victory or a last-minute MITB cash-in.

Pretty much agree with what everyone else has said here, nothing but Punk interested me on the show. Although I am now looking forward to MITB more than I would have been.

I'm thinking the atmosphere maybe like that of Cena vs RVD at ONS. Cant see Cena getting many cheers here.

Hoping this is a work and Punk stays, if he goes I'm pretty much done with WWE.

If he does leave then Id assume he wont get the belt so as others have said, probably a Cena win or a quick MITB cash in on Punk.

I really hope Punk wins and walks away at MITB. The could do so much with it

Have him show up on indy shows (hell even use FCW as a fake indy to keep trust)

Appear in the crowed taunting cena and the wwe

Send postcards of him on holiday to the announcers

Genuinely be a prick with the title.

Although a few problems with that are that WWE are not that creative and really if the belt went these days do people care that much.

I really hope Punk wins and walks away at MITB. The could do so much with it

Have him show up on indy shows (hell even use FCW as a fake indy to keep trust)

Appear in the crowed taunting cena and the wwe

Send postcards of him on holiday to the announcers

Genuinely be a prick with the title.

Although a few problems with that are that WWE are not that creative and really if the belt went these days do people care that much.

I think they would as Cena would be desperate to get the belt back due to him wanting his match with The Rock to be for the title.

Punk to win WWE title, then Cena to somehow gate crash the MITB and win it, thus allowing him to stalk Punk across the indies. After all, MITB can cash in any time, any where.

Come on. That would be ace. :D

However in all seriousness, if Punk were to win, surely the only (logical) way to then retrieve the belt is to have a MITB winner to pursue him? Any ideas who?

Archived