UKFF FIFA 11 PS3 League: Season Two

TUFCfan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Fulham 1 - 0 Genoa

Murphy 37'

Rafinha and Floro Flores both got yellows for Genoa.

A tight game, Genoa had more possession (just) and better passing, but Fulham had more shots. A couple of easy chances squandered, and a small scramble, until Danny Murphy received the ball on the 37th minute and cooly slotted it past the goalkeeper. Genoa couldn't turn the possession into shots, and so didn't have much chance of a reply. Rafinha and Floro Flores both got booked for being petulent and trying to break up the play.

Fulham 1-0 Genoa

D Murphy 37

The scoreline dosn't quite do the game justice, a quick look at the stats and you'll see Fulham Had 13 shots whilst Genoa didn't have a single effort on goal

Numerous chances went begging in the early going with Davies, Dempsy and Zamora all going close but failing to beat the Keeper who was in inspired form throughout

Murphy finally got the breakthrough on 37 cooly slotting past the keeper to give Fulham lead which was never threatend, Genoa saw more of the ball in quite a drab 2nd half but couldn't get past the resolute Fulham back 4 to get an effort in on Schwarzer who only got his gloves dirty catching a few crosses.

Dempsey again went close a few times in the 2nd half but couldn't get the 2nd goal that would of put Genoa away for good.

All in all I good performance and first win of the campaign.

Udinese 1-0 Schalke 04

Di Natale 57

An incredible performance from Manuel Neuer in the Schalke goal kept this game to just the 1 goal. Udinese, fresh off their promising start with a 2-1 away win at PSG entertained Schalke at home and put in a real dominate performance. Clocking 12 shots at half time with 8 on target alone, they could not find a way through the sublime Neuer who made several world class stops from one on ones, and then just before half time pulled off surely the save of the season when Sanchez skinned his marker to get to the byline, he cut the ball across the six yard box to an unmarked Asamoah who fired in a low shot to an almost empty net, Neuer flinging himself across the other side of the goal to block the goalbound effort. Schalke very rarely threatened with Raul and Huntelaar kept under complete wraps by the Italian backline, save for one counter attack which found an unmarked Huntelaar heading against the bar from six yards when he should have done better. The second half followed the same pattern with Udinese continuing the onslaught to the Germans goal, and beginning to wonder if the elusive goal would ever come. It did arrive eventually, just before the hour, Sanchez fed in Di Natale and the little flair player took one touch to compose himself before the onrushing Neuer advanced at his feet, Di Natale had other ideas and with his second touch toe poked the ball underneath Neuer and into the corner of the net, cue pandemonium in the stadium. A second goal would have made things comfortable but it wasn't to be, with several other chances wasted by the Italians, particularly Sanchez whose fabulous pace put him in some fantastic positions. Again though, the result is what matters and Udinese have 6 from 6, so a very promising start to the season, with the team continuing to defy the manager's pre-season prediction of strugglers.

Udinese 1-0 Schalke 04

Di Natale 57

An incredible performance from Manuel Neuer in the Schalke goal kept this game to just the 1 goal. Udinese, fresh off their promising start with a 2-1 away win at PSG entertained Schalke at home and put in a real dominate performance. Clocking 12 shots at half time with 8 on target alone, they could not find a way through the sublime Neuer who made several world class stops from one on ones, and then just before half time pulled off surely the save of the season when Sanchez skinned his marker to get to the byline, he cut the ball across the six yard box to an unmarked Asamoah who fired in a low shot to an almost empty net, Neuer flinging himself across the other side of the goal to block the goalbound effort. Schalke very rarely threatened with Raul and Huntelaar kept under complete wraps by the Italian backline, save for one counter attack which found an unmarked Huntelaar heading against the bar from six yards when he should have done better. The second half followed the same pattern with Udinese continuing the onslaught to the Germans goal, and beginning to wonder if the elusive goal would ever come. It did arrive eventually, just before the hour, Sanchez fed in Di Natale and the little flair player took one touch to compose himself before the onrushing Neuer advanced at his feet, Di Natale had other ideas and with his second touch toe poked the ball underneath Neuer and into the corner of the net, cue pandemonium in the stadium. A second goal would have made things comfortable but it wasn't to be, with several other chances wasted by the Italians, particularly Sanchez whose fabulous pace put him in some fantastic positions. Again though, the result is what matters and Udinese have 6 from 6, so a very promising start to the season, with the team continuing to defy the manager's pre-season prediction of strugglers.

Can't argue with any of this. After years of unsuccessfully trying to defeat bumclasshero on various games across various platforms, I thought this was my big moment. I was surely due a big win on the grand stage, in a competitive environment, but alas, it was not to be.

As I said in my text to him afterwards, I've played better than this before and he's beaten me 5 or 6 nil. Terrible performance by Schalke, never got going at all, completely out-bossed in midfield and Udinese ran riot. Thankfully Neuer was superb and could be my saving grace in this league if I'm to avoid relegation.

I'm now available to start the defense of my title. Will probably be on from 10 tonight if my opponents want to play.

nice 1 i'll be on at 10

I'm just waiting for a system update to complete then im available. Should be in the next ten minutes.

Bordeaux 1 Fenerbache 0

Close game which was settled with a header from Andre at the end of the first half. Dia hit the post after an hour which was as close as Fenerbache came to scoring. Andre missed two good chances to secure the three points.

Bordeaux 1 Fenerbache 0

Close game which was settled with a header from Andre at the end of the first half. Dia hit the post after an hour which was as close as Fenerbache came to scoring. Andre missed two good chances to secure the three points.

well played , the last 4 games online i've just been shit

Archived