UKFF FIFA 11 PS3 League: Season Two

TUFCfan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Athletic Bilbao 2-0 Sporting

Amorebieta 25'

David Lopez 41'

A tight affair which had opening game jitters written all over it, Both sides hard to break down but plenty of chances in the end, Amorebieta the big Centre half opened the scoring with a towering header from a corner after 25 mins and placed it perfectly into the bottom corner to leave the Sporting Keeper no chance!

Then on 41 mins the fantastic Llorente stormed through the Sporting defence after a tremendous ball over the top to find the on rushing David Lopez who slotted home cooly and settle Bilbao nerves.

After the break both sides could have had a couple more but it remained 2-0 to the joy of the Bilbao fans who will be happy to open the season with 3 points!

Athletic Bilbao 2-0 Sporting

Amorebieta 25'

David Lopez 41'

A tight affair which had opening game jitters written all over it, Both sides hard to break down but plenty of chances in the end, Amorebieta the big Centre half opened the scoring with a towering header from a corner after 25 mins and placed it perfectly into the bottom corner to leave the Sporting Keeper no chance!

Then on 41 mins the fantastic Llorente stormed through the Sporting defence after a tremendous ball over the top to find the on rushing David Lopez who slotted home cooly and settle Bilbao nerves.

After the break both sides could have had a couple more but it remained 2-0 to the joy of the Bilbao fans who will be happy to open the season with 3 points!

Well played. Thought I deserved at least a point to be fair and was one of my better performances but got done on the corner and then lost my way a little. Tried to get back in the second half and there was a spell where I was dominating quite strongly but couldn't grab a goal back.

Sporting 2 Werder Bremen 1.

Liedson 81', Djalo 88'. Pizarro 45'.

Sporting bounced back from the Bilbao defeat with two late goals as Werder Bremen took the lead on the stoke of halftime after an end to end first half with Bremen perhaps shading the gameplay with possession and hitting the woodwork twice from corners. Second half Sporting came out on fire as they went all guns blazing missing several one on ones in the second half with Bremen looking just as dangerous on the counter as Sporting went forward.

This was heading for the second consecutive defeat of the season for Sporting however the finally took one of the 1 v 1 chances when Liedson was one on one with the keeper who did well to save it but Liedson managed to squeeze the ball into the net to level up with 8 minutes on the clock remaining in what looked to be heading for a draw, however Sporting then went on to snatch a dramatic win when a through ball over the top of Bremens defence was tucked away by Djalo to send the Sporting fans into a frenzy. Sporting had another one v one at the death which was smashed past the keeper off the post and across the line with the keeper scooping the ball out with seconds on the clock, Bremen also had one or two half chances themselves in the closing stages but Sporting just about managed to see the game out in what was a dramatic turnaround!

Would it be possible to post the rankings next to each persons name on the fixture page?

This would be determined on league position from last season with the newer players being lower ranked.

You mean like seedings?

Would it be possible to post the rankings next to each persons name on the fixture page?

This would be determined on league position from last season with the newer players being lower ranked.

You mean like seedings?

Yeah. Just so we all know who ranked where last season without going back to the other thread. If you want to take it really seriously you could do seedings going forward with bonus points in cups etc so that if there are uneven teams in the cups then the higher seeds go through to the next round and the four lowest have a playoff to get into the cup, that kind of thing but I meant just so we all know who placed where last season when looking at the fixtures.

You mean like seedings?

Yeah. Just so we all know who ranked where last season without going back to the other thread. If you want to take it really seriously you could do seedings going forward with bonus points in cups etc so that if there are uneven teams in the cups then the higher seeds go through to the next round and the four lowest have a playoff to get into the cup, that kind of thing but I meant just so we all know who placed where last season when looking at the fixtures.

Have added them to the first post. I guess with the cup it'll be easier just to do it with league position at the time.

Archived