UKFF FIFA 11 PS3 League: Season Two

TUFCfan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I am not a part of this league, but if anyone would like to play four star friendlies to get practice I'd be up for it.

I've got internet access until July 20th then hopefully will have it back ASAP in-case a cup is started. I watched the draw and got jealous when one of you drew my team (Blackburn) although I'm sure whoever actually drew them is not happy. Defensively they are quite strong but lack pace up-front. Hoilett played in Dunn's position is lethal if you can win flick-on's with RSC or Niko.

Fenerbahce 2 - 0 Lazio

Alex

Niang

ok so first game of the season started at a 100mph with both teams looking to get the first goal, which ended up going to Alex with a tap into an open goal after he pressed the keeper into making a mistake. second goal was a lovely bit of skill from Niang just before half time. second half wasn't much to talk about apart from Lazio having a man sent off.

well nice to start the season off with a win.

heres Niang's goal very early entry for goal of the season?

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/79317856

Wolfsburg 5 - 0 Lazio.

Grafite (4)

Mbokani

Before the game the new Wolfsburg boss had been quoted as saying he expected a relegation battle this season as his players could neither run nor kick. He made particular derogatory remarks towards Grafite the big Brazilian striker. Well the big man took his chances today and silenced his manager completely.

A couple of the goals were a bit fortunate but on the whole I think Wolfsburg played very well. Towards the end they missed numerous chances and the score could've been much higher. At 2-0 up Lazio had a great chance to get one back but hit the post and from the resulting break away Wolfsburg made it 3. If LAzio had have scored there then it would've been so much different. Lazio threatened frequently, especially after half time but had some poor luck. Good game TUFC.

Lazio 0 - 2 Fenerbahce

After some early Lazio pressure Fenerbahce took the lead in the 12th minute when the Lazio 'keeper did a Greg Sutton and passed the ball to Alex whilst under pressure who then calmly slotted home in to the open net. Lazio's dreams of getting back level were dashed in the 19th minute when after some trickery down the left hand side, Niang curled a beautiful shot over the helpless goalkeeper and in to the corner of the net in what'll probably be one of the best goals of the season. Fenerbahce deserved their lead at the break and looked destined to win after Ledesma was sent off in the 66th minute for a second bookable offence. Rather than stay under their shells Lazio brightened up and had probably their best chances of the game, including a Hernanes effort from a cut in that fizzed across the goal mouth. No doubt that Fenerbahce were the deserved winners overall though.

Fenerbahce goals: Alex (12'), Niang (19')

Here's that great Niang goal from another camera angle

Wolfsburg 5 - 0 Lazio

Wolfsburg scored their first the the 7th minute when the ball was squared to an unmarked Grafite. The second goal came in the 27th minute when the ball was squared to Grafite who was unmarked yet again. Lazio almost got back in to the game in injury time when Floccari cut inside and saw his effort his the post. Wolfsburg went off on a counter attack after this though and the ball eventually found it's way to Grafite, who was unmarked yet again, who put the German side 3-0 up at half time. Wolfsburg were in a commanding position at half time though the scoreline did flatter them perhaps as both sides had four shots a piece in the half. A change of tactics at half time gave Lazio new impetus and they could have been level as Floccari was put through on goal three times in a 10-15 minute spell but couldn't find the back of the net, the best effort being a curling shot that was just tipped wide by Benaglio who perhaps upped his game after some unkind words about his ability by his manager during the preseason. Any slim hopes of a Lazio comeback were dashed in the 69th minute when a poor pass by Radu was blocked by a Wolfsburg attacker and fell to Grafite who put his side four goals up. Dieumerci Mbokani added a fifth after Grafite chipped a ball in to the area. Lazio player's heads understandably dropped and it was Wolfsburg who finished the stronger of the two sides and could have scored one or two more. Whilst the score may have flattered them overall, Wolfsburg were deserved winners and with four goals and a assist it certainly was the Grafite show at the Stadio Olimpico.

Wolfsburg goals: Grafite (7', 27' 45' 69'), Mbokani (73')

Two fun games despite the scores. I think my main problem was that I tried to play with the same tactics I'd enjoyed using with Napoli but they just don't seem to suit Lazio. When I changed tactics in the Wolfsburg game at half time it felt better overall. I still fear that I will be relegation fodder however.

Scottingham...just added you mate. I'll be about for the next hour but then I've gotta take the missus out. :(

I won't be online as I'm away from tomorrow until Wed evening. I'll be back about THurs and Friday but then I'm away for a week from the Saturday so I may have to catch up on some games when I get back.

I'll have me laptop with me for the spell between the Saturdays so I'll be able to do the stat updates. I won't go into as much detail with the write ups this time round as there are more games and it was time consuming enough last time! :p

Scottingham...just added you mate. I'll be about for the next hour but then I've gotta take the missus out. :(

I won't be online as I'm away from tomorrow until Wed evening. I'll be back about THurs and Friday but then I'm away for a week from the Saturday so I may have to catch up on some games when I get back.

I'll have me laptop with me for the spell between the Saturdays so I'll be able to do the stat updates. I won't go into as much detail with the write ups this time round as there are more games and it was time consuming enough last time! :p

Its my Girlfriend on RDR mate. She hasn't got a clue what she's doing either!

Palermo 1-0 Fulham

Pastore 23

The Pink and Black Attack got off to winning yet unconvincing ways to their division 2 campaign. In an action packed match there was only the one decisive goal. Palermo captain Fabrizio Miccoli made a darting diagonal run and unleashed a stinging shot which was palmed out by Mark Schwarzer into the path of the on-rushing Pastore who slotted in calmly into an open net. Pastore could have had his double in the second half he showed a bit more composure after a mix up between Schwarzer and the Fulham backline. The big Aussie came rushing out 30 yards out of his box and his clearance landed at the feet of Pastore on the halfway line. He narrowly missed the open goal from 70 yards out.

Fulham had plenty of chances in the game also. A charging Clint Dempsey sent a fierce shot whistling inches wide of the post and England striker Bobby Zamora clipped the outside of the post. How there was only one goal in this game I do not know, it could have easily been 3-3. Still I will take the win!

Yes Indeed it could well of ended 3-3 and it wouldn't been unjustified

In Fulhams post match interview the Manager bemoans bad luck in front of goal and felt a draw would of been a fair result overall and despite the defeat saw plenty of positives to take forward going into the season.

I've updated the first post to include the complete fixture list (in spoiler tags below this week's fixtures) as well as adding the general info/rules of the league.

I presume we're all fine with playing each other twice (20 games each)? Overall it's not much longer than the half season we played last time, though if most would prefer a quicker season let it be known now.

Archived