Survivor Series 2002

Bluetonic

One of the best PPVs ever? Just been thinking about it, and I reckon it was.

Jeff Hardy, Bubba Ray Dudley and Spike Dudley defeated 3-Minute Warning (Rosey and Jamal) and Rico

Billy Kidman defeated Jamie Noble © (with Nidia)

Victoria defeated Trish Stratus

The Big Show defeated Brock Lesnar © (with Paul Heyman)

Los Guerreros (Eddie Guerrero and Chavo Guerrero) defeated Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit, and Edge and Rey Mysterio ©

Shawn Michaels defeated Triple H ©, Booker T, Rob Van Dam, Kane, and Chris Jericho

Plus Scott Steiner's debut 'give me a fucking mic'.

I don't think there was a bad match on the card really - the women's match was really good, and then you had the Dudley Boys reunion in the opener, a really good Kidman/Noble match, plus the Lesnar bout was really good - if a little too short.

Then the main event, one of the greatest matches inside a cage-based structure ever? Certainly my favourite elimination chamber match, with a real fairytale ending.

Anyone agree/disagree?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I loved it, still holds up. Shawn Michaels winning the Chamber match was one of the last times WWE was a part of popular playground talk for me. The rest was tops as well, the Women's Hardcore Match was a little campy but violent enough, and while the elimination tag didn't quite hold up to No Mercy, it was still exceptional. The hot MSG crowd helped a ton too.

Brilliant show, even the Womens match was good. After the first half of 2002 PPVs not being that great really, the second half from King Of The Ring onwards seriously picked up and were nearly as good as the ones from 2000 in my opinion.

I don't think it was the best PPV of the year, never mind ever. Summerslam 2002 smokes it.

Not saying it was bad like, and Steiner's debut was immense. In fact, everything Steiner did until his first match was superb.

• Paid Members

I can't remember this show, but the card looks good.

It's weird, I can remember most PPV's before 1997 including the In Your House ones.

Anything after that, I have no recollection of even though I must have watched it.

From these great reviews, might download it and give it a whirl.

Not saying it was bad like, and Steiner's debut was immense. In fact, everything Steiner did until his first match was superb.

Good call on Steiner, his in-ring work hasn't been up to much for years, but i've always thought he'd make a great authority figure on a show. It'd be a refreshing change as i think his character would be the sort of guy to stick it to heels and faces when deserved. His return to WWE on this show was awesome.

Suprised no ones mentioned the Dudleys reunion, at the time it actually meant something and was a cool moment. The show itself is a lot of fun, but wouldn't put it with the best PPVs ever, it's just not on that level. But not a bad show by any stretch. As a life long Michaels fan it was an awesome moment to see him with the big gold. The first elimination chamber was one hell of a spectacle and is still one of my favourite chambers to this day. Having Saliva playing was cool for a rock fan also, always helps that big show feel.

• Paid Members

First ever elimination chamber

Michaels' last ever world title win

Brock Lesnar's first WWE pinfall loss (I believe)

"Give me the fucking mic"

"Come on Jeff goddamnit"

All point to an ace PPV

I always remember it for Rico shouting the "get over here Jeff dammit" spot.

I think Rico's come on Jeff moment stands out more in my minds and i liked the main event the elimination chamber, Y2J enterance (King of my world sung by Saliva live at WWE New York)

It was meant to be Hulk Hogan vs. Brock Lesnar at this show. Brock mentions it all in his book. If only :(

Did he say what was meant to happen in it? I've always heard Hogan was planning on getting his win back, but I can't see how that would result in Brock vs Angle at WrestleMania.

I was there live. :smug:

Certainly was a cracking show. Must watch it again soon.

Me too matey.

As a long-time Michaels fan, to say I was "a bit happy" would be a very mild way of putting it.

It's pretty fucking sad if I think about it too much, but in terms of simply having fun, that was one of the best days of my life!

Yeah, a really solid card, very little in the way of filler, and Steiner swearing all over the place then beating the shit out of Matt Hardy and Nowinski. Excellent!

Was also my first time ever in MSG.

• Paid Members

One of the "best over" is really overdoing it, but it is chronically overlooked. The undercard was very satisfying, the main event had a wildly popular and genuinely surprising result which certainly had me and my mates marking wildly out like schoolboys again.

The only negative for me was that putting the belt on Big Show (who by this point was nobody) after positioning Lesnar so strongly felt like about fifteen backwards steps, but any points I might have taken off for that were quickly put back on because I had fallen in love with Victoria.

It was meant to be Hulk Hogan vs. Brock Lesnar at this show. Brock mentions it all in his book. If only :(

Did he say what was meant to happen in it? I've always heard Hogan was planning on getting his win back, but I can't see how that would result in Brock vs Angle at WrestleMania.

No because Hogan shitted on the idea apparently.

Archived