The Greatest matches that never happened

psyclown

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Throw some out here:

- Dynamite Kid (1984) vs. Shawn Michaels (1997)

- Marc Rollerball Rocco vs. Bret Hart

- Marc Rollerball Rocco vs. Owen Hart

- Marc Rollerball Rocco vs. Shawn Michaels

- Marc Rollerball Rocco vs. AJ Styles

- AJ Styles vs. Jushin Liger

- AJ Styles vs. Chris Jericho

- AJ Styles vs. Eddie Guerrero

- AJ Styles vs. Rey Mysterio

- 123 kid vs. Diesel

Seeing as their both dead and two of my favs:

Randy Savage vs Eddy Guerrero

Would have rocked on every level and when it starts to get boring, switch heel/face divide :)

I had this nagging feeling that Savage and Guerrero had to have faced each other at some stage in WCW.

Turns out that they were on opposite sides of the ring at Slamboree '96 - but due to the 'lethal lottery' nature of the event they were partnered by Ric Flair and Arn Anderson respectively and never actually faced off in the match.

Anyway, brief as it is, here's

I'd echo the original poster with HBK vs Eddie. Probably around 2004.

Others I would have liked could've included;

Randy Savage vs Jerry Lawler (1993 in WWF)

It may not have happened in 1993, but it definately happened in 1994 and is available in the form of a fancam. It's not a bad quality one as far as cams go either, easily watchable.

Nassau Coliseum - July 9, 1994

I'd echo the original poster with HBK vs Eddie. Probably around 2004.

Others I would have liked could've included;

Randy Savage vs Jerry Lawler (1993 in WWF)

It may not have happened in 1993, but it definately happened in 1994 and is available in the form of a fancam. It's not a bad quality one as far as cams go either, easily watchable.

Nassau Coliseum - July 9, 1994

And whilst it wasn't the WWF, that match took place in the USWA in 1993 in a cage match between the two at the Mid-South Coliseum, which is available on one of the USWA Heat volumes. Features the added bonus of Sherri Martel's tittie being exposed, as Lawler is stripping her after she has interfered in the match and is then trying to leave the cage.

• Paid Members

Definitely The Rock vs Shawn Michaels and Eddie Guerrero vs Shawn Michaels. I think both of them would have been great for a Wrestlemania.

There's a lot with Owen Hart I wish we'd have seen

Owen vs Jericho

Owen vs Rey

Owen vs Eddie

them 3 spring to mind

oh and one I've always wanted to see was Shawn Michaels vs Brock Lesnar. HBK had great matches with big fuckers and Brock was more athletic than most big guys in the WWE. Think it could have been a cracking match.

Seeing as their both dead and two of my favs:

Randy Savage vs Eddy Guerrero

Would have rocked on every level and when it starts to get boring, switch heel/face divide :)

I had this nagging feeling that Savage and Guerrero had to have faced each other at some stage in WCW.

Turns out that they were on opposite sides of the ring at Slamboree '96 - but due to the 'lethal lottery' nature of the event they were partnered by Ric Flair and Arn Anderson respectively and never actually faced off in the match.

Anyway, brief as it is, here's

Cheers dude!! :thumbsup:

- 123 kid vs. Diesel

That happened a couple of times, though I'm unsure if they had any televised ones. I have a really fun house show match from them on disc somewhere.

I didn't know that, but I bet it was good. I was just thinking like 94/95/96 era with Kid getting beaten down and still struggling to compete. Other potential matches please correct if wrong:

- Shawn Michaels vs. AJ Styles

- Shawn Michaels vs. Great Muta

- Shawn Michaels vs. Jushin Liger

- Shawn Michaels vs. Brian Pillman (before Pillman had his accident)

• Paid Members
- 123 kid vs. Diesel

That happened a couple of times, though I'm unsure if they had any televised ones. I have a really fun house show match from them on disc somewhere.

I didn't know that, but I bet it was good. I was just thinking like 94/95/96 era with Kid getting beaten down and still struggling to compete.

Managed to find it on Dailymotion http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xi00g3_12...vs-diesel_sport

• Paid Members

After Umaga attacked Rey Mysterio while he was injured in an angle leading up to Wrestlemania 23 and after their brief interaction in a Survivors match at the following years Survivor Series I'd have loved to have seen Umaga throwing Rey about in a proper match somewhere during those times. Considering how well Umaga often worked with smaller, jumpy opponents or those with exciting offence and how well Rey plays the underdog, plus that they were apparently good mates, I reckon they'd have complimented each other beautifully. That...and I just loved watching Umaga throw smallers guys around.

I was really hoping they'd match up during that awesome period on Smackdown when Umaga had been drafted over to the blue side but, then he went and got released and fucking well died. :(

• Paid Members

Big Show vs Andre the Giant, - Might not be a 5 star classic by all means, but just seeing these 2 going at it would be a sight to see.

Brock vs HBK - did this ever happen? I would have loved to have saw a full program with these 2 HBK.

Archived