This Weeks Panorama

The King Of Swing

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
The words "Drama" and "Quenn" come to mind.

Stupid comment if you haven't seen it.

I didn't see it but heard the fall out on the radio today. Care home workers abusing old people is fucking hideous.

I didn't see it but heard the fall out on the radio today. Care home workers abusing old people is fucking hideous.

Not seen it, was referring to the original poster.

He had to alert us he was so disgusted that he was unable to type?

• Paid Members

I didn't see the programme but have seen the fallout from it in the news today. I know it's awful but it really doesn't surprise me, my girlfriend worked as a care assistant for about 4 years looking after people with autism. They were in a private residence & needed 24 hour supervision, she loved the job & found it really rewarding but the money she was paid for the responsibility & hours she had to work was absolutely shocking. She left about 2 years ago purely because the hours & pay weren't worth it & got a normal 9 - 5 job. Given the low wages paid in the care industry you either get people doing the job who accept a low wage as they want to do a role they find rewarding (the care industry exploiting their good nature) or you get people like those exposed in the documentary who don't give a fuck & treat the clients like shit.

Wasnt old people, it was teenagers with learning disabilities, who really should be getting an even higher level of care than the elderly. I posted about this in the TV thread, I also read today that four of the individuals were arrested today and the others have all been suspended pending an investigation, all should be locked up.

Ive not seen it, and will probably catch it on I player at some point. But this is all regarding one place, out of how many? Me dear old Ma works in this industry and the tales that come out of it are probably more sickening that whats on Panorama, I suspect this is quite sanitised in comparison. tbf

The whole thing needs an overhaul as many Councils and stuff cut the social care budget first and foremost everytime and as a result the dregs will always reign supreme. Because the competition for a pittance is such, inorder to make a profit many companies that supply care will cut every single corner possible inorder to make something out of a bad deal.

The competition is so fierce that its not unbeknown for companies to plant employees to fuck up a competitor by behaving like shite and then causing a problems with Social Care and being struck off to get them out of the way

Murky Stuff indeed.. And thats just past this is the worst thing Ive ever seen that people are going on about

Archived