no more WWE Smackdown Vs Raw series

xear

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Nash,

Was Nash in HCTP?. I'm sure he wasn't. I remember being pissed off about him and Hogan not being in it.

Other than the inclusion of blood, STEINER!, and GOLDBERG! I found it to be a step back from SYM, which I found much more fun.

Nash, Steiner, Goldberg are in it. All you need are The Armstrongs, Scott Hall and Chris Masters then you have yourself a pCc wap-fest.

Aye, turns out I was thinking of that years Gamecube game WM19.

Carry on.

They didn't put Hogan in the game based on an event he was in one of the top matches of? Did they take him off because him and Vince had had a petty falling out that year?

• Paid Members
Aye, turns out I was thinking of that years Gamecube game WM19.

Carry on.

They didn't put Hogan in the game based on an event he was in one of the top matches of? Did they take him off because him and Vince had had a petty falling out that year?

Nah, I was being a spacker and getting my wires crossed. Nash wasn't in WM 19. Hogan wasn't in HCTP

They were both in Raw 2 though, shame it was garbage.

HCTP was easily the best in the series. It took a massive step forward from Shut your mouth in terms of game play, graphics and game types. The graphics still look great to this day.

The roster was huge as well, and easily contained the best mix of stars.

Since then, the SVR games have took steps backwards for me and have attempted to become so much of a simulation, that its removed all of the fun.

• Paid Members

Interesting about the new game, they've not really mentioned that much that makes this game that different (bar the name) but it's still early days. Having your moves constantly broken up by the computer before you can finish them could get very annoying. We've all been there when all you want is to do is a normal move through a table or whatever, and the AI just refuses to let you do it, I have a feeling this will make it 10x worse.

Release date for the U.K. is 25/11/11, which is the latest it's ever been I think, last year it was mid-October!

I really don't get all the hate for the most recent SvsR games, i honestly feel they've continued to make improvements to the actual game with each release. I'm on about the gameplay itself rather than the modes, which have been a bit hit and miss. GM mode was a great concept that never reached it's potential before being pulled. RTWM is fun, but hindered by being outdated by release. The running around hing blew, but they at least tried to do something with it.

BUT.. The universe mode was a fantastic idea which, although it isn't perfect, really does add replay value to the game. With the addition of create a brand and the return of create a title it really would open up all kinds of potential. A few minor tweaks to the way universe mode works and more storyline style content added to it, i think it would be pretty damn spot on (not that i dont enjoy it with the limitations anyway). The CAW mode has come on leaps and bounds over the past few years and is simply amazing in terms of what can be done with it now. Along with the ability to download and share creations via the online and the outdated roster issue is no longer a major problem. Hell, the possibilities with the current game are pretty damn huge in comparisson to games of a few years ago..

img20110501135402.jpg

All with decent enough move sets, correct music and a decent enough entrance animation. I have a save with a full 50 roster comprising of Mexico, Japan, TNA, ECW era stars and a few random or deceased legends. I use this roster as my Smackdown brand in universe, while all the WWE guys are my Raw roster. Yes it isnt perfect, but it's not bad either. Tweaks to basics of universe and the natural improvements as create a move and create an entrance continue to evolve with each release will only add to this.

I've owned all the Smackdown games (normally from release day.. yep, i was hanging around in the cold waiting for EB to open so i could run home to kill folks with Tazz in Smackdown 2 lol).. I was also waiting outside for HMV to open on release day for the Acclaim games.. And the WCW PS1/N64 releases etc etc.. I get the love for HCTP, but i truly think the games have continued evolve as a series should. I know their was a choice made at some point to go the simulation route and get away from the arcade style. I get the logic of wanting to pick a solid direction for the series. It left a void for the arcade kicks some like (me included, Wrestlefest was mint, as was the old Royal Rumble game). They've now addressed that with the release of All-Stars, which is pretty damn arcade. I really don't get the hate, but i guess it's all personal preference and opinion.

I read that you can now attack someone whilst they're hitting a move? Really hope so. Would be great spearing Cena whilst he's about to AA someone! Hope what I read is true.

That was definatly the highlight of the TNA Impact game (along with its graphics), so would be a nice addition to the series for sure.

• Paid Members

While it's great to see that sign, it just looks like any old Smackdown Vs Raw game. Same old animation and movements, unless there is a serious improvement in career mode or something, i wont be getting this i dont think.

However, Zack Ryder's response to seeing a Browski of the Week sign is great:

ZackRyder Zack Ryder

WHAT?! There is a BROSKI OF THE WEEK sign in the upcoming WWE 12 Video Game? AHAHAHAHA. WWWYKI!

Archived