no more WWE Smackdown Vs Raw series

xear

Has to be fake. Only Cena was recognisable, why have other random characters in there and no other wrestlers? No buys.

Really? Did you watch the same trailer as I did? I saw HHH, The Rock, Edge, Taker, Cena, Kelly Kelly and Sheamus in there.

Got to agree with the 'haters gonna hate' comment here, it's an arcade brawler with WWE stars in it, and probably a hokey storyline to boot. How people think this is actually aimed at us and not, y'know, WWE's core demographic, the little jimmys is beyond me. If the gameplay is decent then good stuff, but kids will eat this shit up regardless so bravo WWE.

I mean it strikes me as the same kind of people who might snort in derision at WWE Kids magazine because of a lack of in depth articles on the history of the armbar.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Apologies if this has already been brought up but a game designed and made using the 'THQ No Mercy' engine featuring WWE/WCW/ECW rosters would be amazing. I've been playing No Mercy lots lately and IMO it's the best wrestling game ever made.

Apologies if this has already been brought up but a game designed and made using the 'THQ No Mercy' engine featuring WWE/WCW/ECW rosters would be amazing. I've been playing No Mercy lots lately and IMO it's the best wrestling game ever made.

I don't think No Mercy's gameplay holds up well today. I enjoyed it back in the day, but now it feels too slow, imo.

• Paid Members
I don't think No Mercy's gameplay holds up well today. I enjoyed it back in the day, but now it feels too slow, imo.

Increasing the speed of play would be easily done. The grapple system/blocking/counter is simple and effective. And the Ariel moves like springboards and over the top dives were great too.

I loves it.

It's aged terribly con. Take the "I loved this when I was 15" nostalgia factor away and it's a bit crap now. It's still fun for a bit when me and my mates get it out every few years, but it doesn't even compare to the latest Smackdown (and that's far from perfect).

I'd like it remade for the current consoles. The graphics and animations could be revamped and the speed of play made faster but I'd keep the way the game plays and the engine the wa it was for No Mercy.

I thought I may have been getting my wires crossed there, as I thought it was fairly common knowledge (at least to nerds like us) that all the hacks and conversions exist.

I agree with getting the old AKI style going again but in a Def Jam: Fight for NY way, a sorely underrated game that would make a good "Brawl" type game if they are really planning on taking that route for a secondary WWE title.

Thinking about it, i'm off to buy the PSP port of Def Jam so i can beat the living shit out of Sean Paul.

• 2 weeks later...

nodq.com

WWE and THQ's Corey Ledesma said on Twitter that more details on the WWE '12 video game will be released during SummerSlam weekend in Los Angeles. He also wrote the following regarding improved entrances in the game:

"Confirmed: Mini-trons, Side-trons, Curve-trons, banner movies are all in during entrances. Feedback addressed! Thanks!"

Archived