no more WWE Smackdown Vs Raw series

xear

So the Smackdown Vs Raw francise is dead Hurray, but it doesnt mean THQ will stop using that engine on future WWE Products released. But yes I felt the series peaked at Smackdown 5 Here Comes The Pain. A New engine seriously needs work on.

And hopefully a wwe game that can be FUN to player rather than a boring simulator like the SD Vs Raw francise was.

In my last post in this thread I pointed out that they've already mentioned that tech is in the engine, so something has been changed in it.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope they do something about the online gameplay, I can't even get through a match on Live because of the lagging. Something needs to be done about the tag team matches as well, you just get the partner who hasn't tagged in getting in the ring and ruining it for everyone. It takes all the fun out of it. I also hope they put some decent generic video game music in it for the menus and whatnot as well, I'm sick of having to hear Jack Swagger's or Maryse's crappy entrance themes every time I'm on the menus.

Tbf I'm glad its a changing its all too convoluted gave up after 2008 though only really got that in 3 for 5 offer on ps2 games

Here Comes The Pain and Smackdown 2 are where its at in terms of rosters and playability

Simple enough to pick up and play the likes of Royal Rumble with multiplayers as even button mashers can play

None of this struggling on the ropes malarky or qte's they added. Making it an over bludgeoned turd

Pro Wrestling on the Master System had a quirk which means if you hit people down with about a third of their energy bar you could pin them every time

Which was nice

They could do as little as add new wrestlers and I'd still probably spunk 45 quid on it. Some of the improvements they've mentioned sound good. For instance the pre signature animations should be fun to watch. Kofi's corner boom boom, Ortons snake like movement and punching the mat all sound great and I'm sure there'll be a load more and hopefully custom animations to add to your CAW.

Also, being able to break up moves should be great. I've grown tired of having your wrestler look like a bellend as a two minute long animation for a finisher takes place.

I'm also sure they'll have added more options and more cut scenes to Universe mode and a whole load more.

Sounds interesting this year

• Paid Members

Here Comes The Pain was where the series peaked, for sure. For a start, it had by far the best roster of the SD games. Brock, Rock, Mysterio, Ultimo, Goldberg, Steiner, Nash, HBK, Austin, Cena, Batista, Orton, HHH, Undertaker, Benoit, Angle, Eddie, RVD etc. It also had a bunch of legends (including old school Taker) and was the first to have the super-fun Elimination Chamber.

It was also by far the best CAW mode they have ever had. In the next game in the series, the CAW somehow took a 5 year step backwards and became shit. The CAW mode hasn't improved much since then, to be honest. The amount of different tights designs in this game was mental, it had plenty of non-WWF guys attires in there, in particular Jap wrestlers. I created Mutoh without even trying.

Perhaps the controls were a bit full-on and not as easy/arcade as the first couple of games, but I think they were simpler than the controls they have now.

Also, IIRC, the backstage environments were fantastic. Saying that, I think Just Bring It might have had the best background environments, if that was the one where you could run around the streets of London.

Edit- I remember now backstage was fucking ace. Just look at this pic- Taker is dragging Austin around on his bike! Brilliant!

250px-Wwepain_005-large.jpg

• Paid Members
It wasn't just the awesome piss easy buttons that made HCTP the best wrestling game ever. Pick Brock or Goldberg and fight a diva. Impossible to get bored of that.

Or Steiner. Plus, he had a press-up taunt :thumbsup:

• Paid Members
Nash,

Was Nash in HCTP?. I'm sure he wasn't. I remember being pissed off about him and Hogan not being in it.

Other than the inclusion of blood, STEINER!, and GOLDBERG! I found it to be a step back from SYM, which I found much more fun.

Nash,

Was Nash in HCTP?. I'm sure he wasn't. I remember being pissed off about him and Hogan not being in it.

Other than the inclusion of blood, STEINER!, and GOLDBERG! I found it to be a step back from SYM, which I found much more fun.

Nash was in HCTP.

Archived