no more WWE Smackdown Vs Raw series

xear

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nope I agree with everything you said, however I feel the first two SvR games still had some what of Arcadey controls and fun gameplay, the ones after that turned into boderline simulation games, it depends what you're into I guess, its like for racing games, some people love GT, but me I'd rather play Mario Kart or something like Blur.

Theirs nothing worse than when you have you're mates (ones that havent touched a game since n64/psone days) round and you got to explain the controls from top to bottom, they just cant be assed, and I dont blame them.

SvR games have been like FIFA for ages anyway, now with this WWE 12 title, its obvious, and by FIFA I mean you are basically paying for the same game you had last year, before back in the HCTP days it felt like a new game, I guess they just ran out of ideas or couldnt be bothered, which sounds like the real WWE.

I

It must a sign of me getting older but i used to love playing my video games and would cream myself over the videos of the up and coming WWE game but nowadays i couldnt give a monkeys. I hardly ever play video games anymore.

I don't really get the love for Here Comes The Pain. To me, it was just another installment in the series.

It was the last one I regularly played until my flatmate bought the 2010 edition of Smackdown v Raw. I was totally bamboozled by the controls for the thing and to be quite honest, couldn't be bothered to spend anytime attempting to learn what to do. When you've just eaten a McDonald's cheeseburger with some pretty potent magic mushrooms in, the last thing you want is to have to be concentrating on pressing various buttons correctly. A bit like the difference between drukernly getting behind the wheel of a Citreon Saxo and a Formula One car.

I'm sure to those who were more than happy to sit down and take the time to play it there won't have been much difference, but to the casual gamer such as myself the older versions were much more preferable for the simplicity of sitting down and just smashing basic buttons to take Rico to Undisputed Champion Glory

To those not following the anagram clues for the next game we know the first one meant change is coming, the second one meant tech invades the engine and as for the third one it says "A Heartbroken Pen Igniting" but we haven't been told what that means yet.

I loved every title in the SmackDown series when they came out but stopped buying after Shut Your Mouth because I'd lost interest in wrestling as a whole. I got back into it after a couple of years and have bout SvR 2008 and 2010 since. While improvement may be modest at times, at least you're treated to a more up to date roster and I definitely haven't felt that there has been any decline in the games. As far as controls are concerned I think they have followed the trend that most games have, nothing's as easy as playing Warzone on the PlayStation used to be but that's not a bad thing in my opinion. I don't think this announcement will herald any radical changes to the series apart from a slightly different cover and menu design since it just sounds like they want to stop the brand wars theme to run a more current game each year.

So the Smackdown Vs Raw francise is dead Hurray, but it doesnt mean THQ will stop using that engine on future WWE Products released. But yes I felt the series peaked at Smackdown 5 Here Comes The Pain. A New engine seriously needs work on.

And hopefully a wwe game that can be FUN to player rather than a boring simulator like the SD Vs Raw francise was.

Archived