The Official PWG Thread

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair, never criticized his work, but considering he made it to WWE, and all the guys who were rocking the Indie's at the same time are now there also and doing great things, and he was let go coz of his weight, you'd think he'd make an effort to get in shape rather than do the opposite.  If he's happy eating Doughnuts and working the Indies forever, then fair play to him.  His weight doesn't seem to be affecting his work

Gordy was a fat bastard, but looked like he could handle himself and throw bombs. Hero is a fat bastard, but looks like a condom full of scrambled egg and throws his bandy limp arms around like a four-year-old. The thing is he's not shit because he's fat; he's shit at wrestling like he's fat, but he's fat.

Hero was interviewed on Sam Roberts podcast a few weeks ago.

He explained the weight gain was deliberate as I recall. Partly because he had some back problems and the extra weight makes bumping easier and also because he's loving life and not arsed about the WWE look post-Kassius Ohno.

For what it's worth, in my view we're conditioned to accept the ripped, low body fat WWE look as being the look for a wrestler these days. It makes fuck all of a difference to Hero's in ring performance. If he can go three hours in that kind of shape - youtube Smash wrestling Chris Hero Guantlet for the full match - who cares?

• Paid Members

People moaning about Hoss Hero? Piss off.

Got this from another forum (good'ol ZandigFans.net) where someone brought up this fantastic exchange on the new PWG's show. From Marty Scurll vs Ricochet;

"Scurll accuses Ricochet of being "that guy on TV, Prince-" but is repeatedly cut off. The crowd stops him and chants "we love kayfabe." Excalibur points out that this chant is inherently paradoxical."

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Just finished All-Star Weekend XI all round good show with UK talent flying the flag again having not long watched BOLA I had high hopes for these shows whilst I felt they did not live up to the quality of BOLA plenty of great matches & Kenny Omega

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I don't subscribe, but they make a point of not uploading the VOD at the same time as DVD as it allegedly prevents piracy it doesn't, the shows all wind up in the usual places).

I believe the VOD only goes up after the next show is released on DVD.

Does anybody here subscribe to Highspots' on demand service?

Do the latest PWG shows go up on there at the same time that the DVDs are released?

You talking about the Pivotshare?  Was talking about this on Facebook the other day, and apparently it's 12 months behind

• 5 months later...

Archived