The Official PWG Thread

I was wondering if they announced a quick show in Feb if Generico would have a surprise last official match challenging for the title, but end of March definitely seems a little too far-off at this rate.

I love the All Star Weekends and can't wait to see what they do for this one. Hopefully a big return or debut is announced straight off the bat.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the announced roster:

Unbreakable Fucking Machines - Michael Elgin & Brian Cage

Inner City Machine Guns - Ricochet & Rich Swann

Trent Barreta

Chuck Taylor

Johnny Gargano

Paul London

Jay Lethal

Sami Callihan

Drake Younger

Main event of Night 1:

Sami Callihan vs Drake Younger, Guerrilla Warefare Match to end their best of three series and presumably the victor to challenge for the PWG World Heavyweight Title the night after.

Now add:

AR Fox

Samuray Del Sol

PWG World Heavyweight Champion, Adam Cole

PWG World Tag Team Champions, The Young Bucks

Kevin Steen

Roderick Strong

Eddie Edwards

Willie Mack

PWG are blaming this insanely stacked line up on Generico leaving.

• Paid Members

The Super Smash Brothers will also be in attendance. Fuck, this card looks heavenly.

Also, Super Dragon (who runs the PWG Twitter page) has teased that he might return at the 10th anniversary show:

'@OfficialPWG: I wish I could be on these shows, but the 10 year show is more realistic. Ticket info for ASW9 in the coming weeks. Have a good night!'

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just finished watching DDT4 and whilst I will say it was pretty enjoyable, one thing that really fucked me off was the ending of the tournament. Matt Jackson gets Package Piledrived into the canvas, Steen rolls Matt towards Generico, who completely no sells the Piledriver and pins Generico. Matt Jackson gets up as if fuck all has happened completely no-selling the Piledriver. This just makes me think The Young Bucks are one of the worst parts about independent wrestling. Countless Superkicks which aren't needed, flashy shit that looks shit and completely no-selling everything.

Drake Younger is the fucking man. I'm really shocked his style has got so over with the PWG crowd and really looking forward to see the next match in the Best Of Three Series. Cage/Elgin are a great mix together too and I was really impressed with the pairing of the two. It's a shame Brian Cage looked so shit in his recent TNA Gut Check try out. Sad to see Generico leave PWG but they continue to deliver with fresh/interesting names.

Just finished watching DDT4 and whilst I will say it was pretty enjoyable, one thing that really fucked me off was the ending of the tournament. Matt Jackson gets Package Piledrived into the canvas, Steen rolls Matt towards Generico, who completely no sells the Piledriver and pins Generico. Matt Jackson gets up as if fuck all has happened completely no-selling the Piledriver. This just makes me think The Young Bucks are one of the worst parts about independent wrestling. Countless Superkicks which aren't needed, flashy shit that looks shit and completely no-selling everything.

Drake Younger is the fucking man. I'm really shocked his style has got so over with the PWG crowd and really looking forward to see the next match in the Best Of Three Series. Cage/Elgin are a great mix together too and I was really impressed with the pairing of the two. It's a shame Brian Cage looked so shit in his recent TNA Gut Check try out. Sad to see Generico leave PWG but they continue to deliver with fresh/interesting names.

I think that's a bit unfair on Young Bucks. They have been unbelievable in PWG for a number of years. Great match after great match.

I do agree with the ending of that match though, thought it could of ended another way. But i always think with finishes like that, that Steen must of known that would be the finish, so why hit the piledriver knowing that it would have to be no-sold.

Also i love Drake to but he's pretty guilty at no selling to. He has 2 great matches at All Star Weekend aswell.

I think that's a bit unfair on Young Bucks. They have been unbelievable in PWG for a number of years. Great match after great match.

I do agree with the ending of that match though, thought it could of ended another way. But i always think with finishes like that, that Steen must of known that would be the finish, so why hit the piledriver knowing that it would have to be no-sold.

Also i love Drake to but he's pretty guilty at no selling to. He has 2 great matches at All Star Weekend aswell.

Don't get me wrong they've done alot of stuff in the past which has made me mark out and go "Woah!!". But for example the Package Piledriver and the countless Superkicks aren't needed. Why delivery 10 Superkicks to the head when realistically you only need one or two at a push? It really frustrates me. It just leaves a sour taste in your mouth after viewing it. Also when Jeremy is walking around during the opener playing air-guitar to gather heat, I wasn't a fan of that and even the fans in attendance didn't know how to react.

Kevin Steen Vs Drake Younger at the next show is going to be a right belter.

• 2 months later...
Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's Ten

Friday, August 9, 2013 - 8:00PM Bell Time - Reseda, CA

American Legion Post #308 - 7338 Canby Ave., Reseda, CA 91335

Co-Main Event Three Way Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship Guerrilla Warfare Match

"Panama City Playboy" Adam Cole © vs. "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen vs. "Ultraviolent Golden Boy" Drake Younger

Co-Main Event Three Way Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Tag Team Championship Title Ladder Match

The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson - C) vs. DojoBros (Eddie Edwards & Roderick Strong) vs. Inner-City Machine Guns (Rich Swann & Ricochet)

Tag Team Match

Brian Kendrick & Paul London vs. Johnny Gargano & Chuck Taylor

Singles Match

Michael Elgin vs AR Fox

Tag Team Match

Alex Koslov & "Az

Archived