The Official PWG Thread

So I heard Roderick Strong said goodbye to PWG a while back, I knew he'd left Ring of Honor at the same time Moose did but leaving PWG points to a big career change. Anybody any the wiser on what he's likely to do? Shite talker really but has had cracking matches with just about everybody in the indie scene for ages now, so I would be pleased to see him turn up in NXT. Shouldn't do  too badly there if they're hiring guys like Busick who's very much another 'does his best talking in the ring' type

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Managed to watch the Thirteen show last night, I think I'm starting to dislike PWG, it's just too much, it's like when you walk in to a theme park as a kid and your eyes can't take it all in and you run around not knowing what to go on first or what to do. There is the match going on in the ring with so many flips and spills that you just can't keep up, then you have the crowd participation and the chants my attention just can't keep focused on the ring. I feel old when I watch it it's really odd, it's energy sapping.

Having said all that there is often a match or 2 on each card that make it worth the 3hr investment of time, on this show the main event was bloody great, Kyle O'Reilly challenged Zack Sabre Jr. for the PWG title and they had a fantastic strategic match, I think made better from seeing what went before it, O'Reilly has put on a noticeable amount of size, really bulked up a lot. Jeff Cobb was also on the show, I will watch his matches any day of the week, and there was the Roddy farewell speech at the end with all the Wrestlers in the ring.

Just looking at the Battle Of Los Angeles line up from this year, on night 2 there is a match - Will Ospreay, Ricochet and Matt Sydal vs Adam Cole and The Young Bucks. I think my head might explode.

Just looking at the Battle Of Los Angeles line up from this year, on night 2 there is a match - Will Ospreay, Ricochet and Matt Sydal vs Adam Cole and The Young Bucks. I think my head might explode.

Probably. Wasn't this the one that Meltzer gave 5*'s to?

That match sounds the tits, tbh. Unless the point was that it sounds great. If you're gonna have a big spotty match on the card, and every big indie needs One in fairness, what more could you ask for? Maybe swap out Cole for Omega and you've got something stupendous there

I'm becoming big fans of the Bucks these past couple of years. At first thought they were a bit much but come to really respect the style they found success with, going in the face of countless wrestling dinosaurs oblivious to the concept of evolution. Some of the NJPW matches can fall a little flat, but in the States - its not hype - they really turn every match they're in into a party. They are more or less the biggest guys WWE could sign right now aren't they? I'd love to see it, a few months ago I'd have said it would never be viable, now in an AJ-is-WWE-Champ world, I think it's an obvious signing they should make.

The bucks just get it, they are small. But found a way to get themselves over and well known without large tv exposure. I'd imagine they are NXT bound when njpw and roh contracts are up, they said as much on jerichos podcast

Archived