Raw Discussion 2/5/11

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
What's next? 'Happy anniversary HHH and Steph Raw' or 'Congratulations on passing your driving test Undertaker Raw'*

I laughed very loudly in my very quiet office at this. I'd love this to happen, it would kill his gimmick admittedly, but what a way to go!

taker.jpg

Amazing. Just amazing.

The end of Miz/Cena was crap. That's the type of silly bollocks I'd expect from TNA.

And I am fully aware it is purely Scottish bias, but I fucking love Drew McIntyre.

i like him as well more so when he is going fucking mental comes across as a bastard lets hope he gets something interesting to do

I love Drew McinTyre too. I'm not Scottish, and I don't love him for being Scottish, though his accent might be a contributing factor.

I love his flamboyancy and aggression, and I'm also quite disappointed that they've suddenly heaped a load of losses on to him when at one time it looked like he was set for a bigger push.

Raw was what it was - The Rock's birthday celebration and hey I have no problem with it.

I really enjoyed the WWE Title Match with Cena and The Miz, the continuation of the R-Truth and John Morrison fued and the way Kharma is being portrayed. She is the complete opposite of what a WWE diva should be and that is why it works so well.

There was an impressive list of people wishing the Rock happy birthday. But one question does spring to mind how many talk shows does US television have?!

It was okay for what it was really, I was kind of expecting it to be along those lines as I had a feeling it'd be a big "thank you" to The Rock for returning and also by doing that they are hoping he'll be back more now rather than just appearing every so often. If you think about it Vince may have been very clever with it, what better way to have someone want to come back and stay around permanent than giving him the experience of having a whole arena in his home town pretty much having an appreciation night for him, getting the adrenaline from that and feeling like the most important person in the world? If I was The Rock I'd have been stood in that ring thinking "I never want this to end, I might actually stay around for good and really not leave again and be back in wrestling for permanent now". And if that is what happens then this show will have definetly been worth it. Really it was good to see The Rock getting that thank you as I think he really did deserve it, despite leaving for a few years and not being around he is one of the top guys and did give a lot to WWE and wrestling and in my eyes he definetly deserves a thank you for that.

Anyways, onto the show, I like where Morrison and Truth is heading but I hope after this Morrison is excelled into the Title picture, sadly I think it would have been great if it was him and Miz feuding for the Title as I keep saying it is a feud waiting to happen as they have all of the history but as far as I recall they never had the full-blown feud where they showed how much they hated each other following the break up. The only thing I remember was The Miz turning on Morrison after he was drafted to Raw and really it never really continued after that as they were on seperate shows, so Morrison never really got his own back. I've been waiting and waiting for it to happen and was hoping Morrison and Miz might happen for the Title but now Cena's the Champion I don't know what I want. If The Miz feuds with him he'll look bad as Cena might not drop the Title now in the build up for The Rock and then again that's the same reason I don't want Morrison to go on and face Cena for the Title, plus the fact he's a face and I think Cena wouldn't really have as good a match with him for the Title. I think his first proper credible Title shot should be against his former partner, now enemy, The Miz, the guy who turned on him and eventually became the big success out of the two and they should build it up so that both men are equally strong, one on one and it's a must see to see if Morrison can finally win the big one against a guy he has so much history with. They could make the fact that they tagged so much that they might know what the other one is thinking or maybe then say they have changed so much since then that they can't tell what the other is thinking as I don't think Morrison did all of his parkour then. It'd be a brilliant feud in my head anyway as Miz would want to stop Morrison winning it at all costs and I think it'd be a great match for Wrestlemania or maybe Summerslam but with Cena having the Title and hoping to hold onto it until Wrestlemania I'm not sure it'd happen that well during this period, so maybe another year or so when there aren't any little things like that going on where it's obvious who will have the Title come Wrestlemania. I just feel now that whoever Cena is feuding with for the Title it is a bit of a waste of time now as it's obvious he'll have the Title at Wrestlemania and if he loses it up to then he will have broke his promise to The Rock saying he'd hold it all the way up to their match and it'd make him look weaker in the year, I think now he has to hold onto it until Wrestlemania to have a monster build up to Wrestlemania.

As for Kharma, she looked amazing again, I was a bit disappointed that she seemed to only go after McCool at Extreme Rules and then Maryse last night, fair enough Layla had left the ring so there was only McCool there but why didn't she have Kelly Kelly too, they should be capitalising on her being a monster and destroying everything around her, not just going after the heels or else she'll end up being viewed as a monster face, she should be a tweener, verging on heel but now she's a tweener verging on face after she's only gone after heels and allowed a face to walk away. Also being a bit picky but it made Maryse look bad as she was down for a pretty long time just following a bulldog and Maryse shouldn't really be made to look bad in a situation like that where she must sell a move for ages and it takes away her credibility, as I view her as one of the top divas.

Mason Ryan is looking brilliant but all I could think when that was happening was "how sh*t does that make the whole of The Corre look?" They have Wade Barrett, the Intercontinental Champion who won the first season of NXT, lead The Nexus, feuded with Cena and actually got the better of him at times, Gabriel and Slater who are three time WWE Tag Team Champions and Ezekiel who has been built up as a monster who has been slamming Big Show and actually holding him off the ground for a while before slamming him. Yet all four of those guys can't defeat Kane and Big Show and then Big Show clears Nexus out of the ring and Mason Ryan ends up pretty much destroying Big Show and Kane single handedly and walks off.

The tag match was a bit of a let down for me really, it included four guys who had been drafted from Smackdown and also a guy at ringside who had been drafted as well, so really that match could have happened at any point last year on Smackdown, even the week before the draft when those guys were around so what's the point in drafting them over just to have them all do that together. Drew is definetly being misused and I was hoping the move to Raw would be the start of a push for him, maybe get a US Title win then lead up to being pused into the main event and head towards the Title and eventually become WWE Champion, not in a very short space of time obviously, maybe within a year or two. What happened last night just disappointed me really, unless it leads to him feuding with Kofi for the US Title and he gets a proper push rather then being used and jobbed out to Kofi for a while.

Have i been living in Bizarro world these past few weeks? R Truth is easily one of the best things in wrestling right now, i so hope this keeps up because dare say it, he might be Main Event material pretty soon. Disappointed to see ANOTHER Del rio vs Rey fued so soon after thier first one but looking at the roster i can't think of anyone else really apart from maybe The Big Show?

It was alright. I hated Lilian's "turn one syllable into seventeen" singing, and that girl who came on singing at the end was even worse for it. It was like a parody. The bit at the start with Rock and Michael Cole was great though.

Miz vs Cena was far better than their WrestleMania. Really good match until the terrible ending. I don't understand the point of it either. If the Cena-Miz feud is finished, Cena should've won. If the feud's continuing, they shouldn't have had this match on Raw.

I have no interest in the further adventures of Mysterio vs Del Rio. Their feud went eighty matches too far on Smackdown, nevermind them doing it again on Raw. The tag match was good, mind.

Didn't think much of Rock's backstage stuff, but Dolph Ziggler was really good in that bit he was in. The Rock montage video was a bit weird as well, the way it went as far as him debuting in the WWE and "Rocky Sucks" signs, then to loads of footage of this year's WrestleMania, then back to photos of him as a kid. Would've preferred it to go a bit more linear and show more of his rise to the top of the WWF.

I don't like the "attack during entrance" thing WWE have got a hard-on for at the moment. It happened last week on Raw, last week on Smackdown and now this week on Raw. It's like the WWE Universe mode on the latest Smackdown. That said, I am interested in the Morrison-Truth feud.

Mason Ryan looked like a star, manhandling Kane, taking out Big Show, and leaving Nexus wondering if he's too big for them. The bit with Kharma gets a thumbs up from me and all.

Honestly I loved RAW this week, I don't get the hate?

I thought The Rock was great, I'm not bored of him or his over-the top promos. Vince nearly crying AGAIN (past moment being with HBK on the HOF videos on WWE.com) on camera is a special deal and the Michael Cole segment at the start was also very good in my eyes. The crowd 'ate it all up!

Kharma and Mason Ryan looked the dogs bollocks. Every week Mason Ryan looks more and more ripped! Welshberg > Batista. Not being biast or anything!

I was interested to see how they would develop the Rock vs. Cena programme and that short 30 second ish segment did the feud wonders. As somebody else noted it put the WWE Championship over in a big way and it does feel (to me anyway) that this match next year will be one of the biggest.

While I hugely enjoyed seeing Austin beer-soak and humiliate Cole a few weeks back, and I also enjoyed the Rock beatdown of Cole this week, it does somewhat annoy me that we STILL have this over-long Cole/King/JR feud going where Cole gets the upper-hand week after week.

It just seems a bit silly to have Austin and Rock giving Cole his "payback", when King and JR keep getting made to look like tools. Frankly, I still say it should have ended with a piledriver on Cole at Mania!

By the time King gets his revenge on Cole, it's all going to be a bit of a letdown after what Austin and Rock have done to him.

Excellent show and a huge improvement from the RAW draft which for me was shockingly shite. The Rock is just the man. He's wrestling's version of Giggs or Beckham (just a bonafide star and deserves respect for past acheivements alone let alone still being the dogs bollocks)

Michael Cole cracks me up. Always good to see him get his comeuppance.

Kharma looks great. Music fits her well and it was almost a throwback to Kane or Chyna's early WWF days when they'd just kill people. Kelly Kelly's facial (oo-er) added to the segment too.

Mason Ryan also looked brillaint. He looks good and despite being green if he'd booked like that more he'll be a star in no time. Interesting to see what will happen with Punk and New Nexus.

Great to see a slight Nation of Domination/Corporation reunion. Vince crying on screen was bizarrely touching, he obviously saw the Rock as a pet project that worked out immensely.

Check out Otunga's bump from the apron when he tried to make the save. It's up there with Mark Henry's effort at Mania 14!

Have i been living in Bizarro world these past few weeks? R Truth is easily one of the best things in wrestling right now, i so hope this keeps up because dare say it, he might be Main Event material pretty soon.

He's easily the guy I've hated most in recent years, but even I have to admit this heel turn is working nicely. What will be very important, though, is that he changes his in-ring style to go with the character. If he busts out one single bit of flippy nonsense that isn't done in a cocky, mocking, "fuck you, look at how silly I can be because I'm beating you so easily" kind of way (ala Jericho's "c'mon, baby!" one foot cover), I'm going to lose interest immediately.

Maybe my favourite bit was Dolph's "she's so old!" when he and Vickie had to laugh hysterically at their own joke.

Also, Daniel Bryan was sitting at a table with the Long Island Iced Z. "It's a team made in internet heaven!".

Archived