Raw Discussion 2/5/11

IANdrewDiceClay

As for Kharma, she looked amazing again, I was a bit disappointed that she seemed to only go after McCool at Extreme Rules and then Maryse last night, fair enough Layla had left the ring so there was only McCool there but why didn't she have Kelly Kelly too, they should be capitalising on her being a monster and destroying everything around her, not just going after the heels or else she'll end up being viewed as a monster face, she should be a tweener, verging on heel but now she's a tweener verging on face after she's only gone after heels and allowed a face to walk away. Also being a bit picky but it made Maryse look bad as she was down for a pretty long time just following a bulldog and Maryse shouldn't really be made to look bad in a situation like that where she must sell a move for ages and it takes away her credibility, as I view her as one of the top divas.

WWE has given up on Maryse as a wrestler, so she's fine as cannon fodder for Kharma. Kelly is well liked and popular with the fans, so there's a possibility of a Kharma/Kelly match at some point down the road. There's no point killing the entire roster straight away - this isn't Goldberg in WCW we're talking about here, there are limited victims.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WWE has given up on Maryse as a wrestler, so she's fine as cannon fodder for Kharma. Kelly is well liked and popular with the fans, so there's a possibility of a Kharma/Kelly match at some point down the road. There's no point killing the entire roster straight away - this isn't Goldberg in WCW we're talking about here, there are limited victims.

It seemed to me that she deliberatly left Kelly Kelly to make her even more scared worrying about Kharma coming back for her sometime which can then lead to a match before Kharma moves onto someone more capable.

Other than the god awful reverse in the Cena/Miz match the actual wrestling side of the show was pretty good.

But the Rock love-athon was just too much.

In two appearances Kharma has instantly garnered more of an audience reaction than any of the other girls on the roster combined.

I agree her entrance music is great.

I think they should bring in a couple of indie girls for one night deals and have her detroy them over several weeks because, as freaky said, there are limited victims for her to kill otherwise.

Kharma v Kelly is the obvious first choice for a feud in my opinion. It could be the making of Kelly as WWE's top babyface Diva if they book it right.

Am LOVING RTruth as a heel too. What a difference a few weeks can make. He is no longer fast forward/change the channel material in my house.

Mason Ryan's limited but is gonna be a star, it may take a while but he'll be a WrestleMania main event eventually.

When the news broke that Bin Ladin was killed I KNEW raw was going to suck balls but I didn't think it was going to suck that much. Over 40 minutes went by untill we got a match, Did The Rock REALLY had to go that long, I mean I like the guy but wasn't it him going TOO long at the start of mania one of the things that harmed mania this year. R-Truth. What. A. Turn. Around. He has gone from "I can't WAIT for him to be fired" to "I can't WAIT to see what he is gonna do next"

Speaking of "Cant wait to see what he is gonna do next" Mason Ryan! I think can be a promising talent. I just hope they take their time with him and not try and get him over first as a heel then turn him face before next years mania. The Rock and John Cena bit was all we was going to get for their build up! I know we have a whole year to build to the next "Big time match" but COME ON! GIVE US SOMETHING!!

If it wasn't for the Cena vs Miz match which imo was better then their mania match (if you take out the ref reversing the decision even though he didn't see the belt shot) was the only highlight of the show, Oh and of course there was Kong/Kharma (take your pick) crushing another diva GREAT :thumbsup:

And it looks like we are in for another Del Rio vs Rey feud :bored: What a set back for the guy that came in with the 1/4 of a mill cars, his own personal ring announcer, golden shower pyro, and the FIRST winner of the 40 man royal rumble. :angry:

• Paid Members

Miz/Cena was as good as any tv match there's been for a while, cracking stuff. I'm glad Cena's got the belt back for now, Miz has ran out of challengers (title match worthy ones anyway), and Cena has quite a few new opponents in wait.

I'm still hoping in vain that Chris Masters will get a chance to shine on Raw. At least for the next week I can keep telling myself that the only reason he didn't get a match last night was because the show was so stacked with celebs and shit.

Kharma's shoulder-pads piss me off.

For what it was, this RAW was fine. Not a great wrestling show and they went a bit overboard on The Rock stuff and the patriotism but ah well, who cares? It's just fun to see him back. His opening segment with Cole was funny and it nice to see them reference the past between the two and The Rock/Vince interaction was good too. The ending was certainly spectacularly done.

Cena/Miz was a good match, better than their Wrestlemania match for my money and they did a good job making Kharma and Mason Ryan look dominant. Looking forward to seeing what they do with the both of them.

RAW feels so much more 'big time' when The Rock is on. Even throwaway stuff like the opening and closing segments this week have had more of a must-see feel about them than just about any segment they've done since Wrestlemania. I don't think it's overkill, because when they have him, they should use him as much as possible - he still carries that aura from the Attitude era around with him when wrestling was something special, and the live crowds seem to respond in kind. Hopefully, some of the current crop will learn from him while he's around (Dolph Ziggler showed more personality in that segment with Rock than I've seen from him before).

Archived