Raw Discussion 2/5/11

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Osama bandwagon at the start was tolerable and somewhat understandable, but they really misused so many oppertunities to push the Rock in terms of giving him something to do over the next 10 months till Mania rolls around again, they can't have him vanish for 10 months and still be seen as credible vs Cena.

On the positive, Truth and Ryan are clearly getting good pushes, but god someone hates Mcintyre back there.

• Paid Members
The Osama bandwagon at the start was tolerable and somewhat understandable, but they really misused so many oppertunities to push the Rock in terms of giving him something to do over the next 10 months till Mania rolls around again, they can't have him vanish for 10 months and still be seen as credible vs Cena.

On the positive, Truth and Ryan are clearly getting good pushes, but god someone hates Mcintyre back there.

His wife apparently.

His wife apparently.

Didn't they release her for that though, what's the point in giving him further shit for something she did?

• Paid Members

His wife apparently.

Didn't they release her for that though, what's the point in giving him further shit for something she did?

She's been making a fuss and basically speaking out against the company from what I remember, through Twitter and the like. Basically ruining her husband's push by acting the bitch.

What a heap of shite, I'm bored of The Rock already

Never thought I'd agree with this but yep me too.

The whole show was a crock imho. The only good bit's were Kharma and the title match which had a crap finish. When did the ref start calling things he doesn't see ? Actually it probably has happened before but it just seemed so shit tonight. Surely the better booking wouldhave been Rock to cost Cena the title again and therefore push their feud on further ?

And as for all the America the great stuff at the beginning I hate it when WWE does that, sorry I am not anti USA at all but it just grates with me :angry:

• Paid Members
What a heap of shite, I'm bored of The Rock already

Never thought I'd agree with this but yep me too.

The whole show was a crock imho.

I agree. Really dull show, and the backstage segments with Santino and Mae Young were pretty poor really. The opening with Michael Cole was fun, but Rock's being there just seemed totally uneventful. They didn't build to any big angle, they just kind of celebrated the fact The Rock is The Rock...I don't know if they decided to create a "feel good" kind of show given that Bin Laden was killed or what, but as a result they produced a semi-pointless one. They actually could have gotten away with leaving Cena on Smackdown, so limited was his involvement. I'm all for not blowing their load with that feud too early, but christ, they needed a more substantial interaction between the two than what they delivered.

As for the McIntyre stuff, I don't get how that match means someone hates McIntyre...it was one loss. If it continues, and he goes the route of Brian Kendrick post-RAW draft then fair enough, say it then - but you can't imply he's being buried based on one show.

The Kharma angle was interesting, I can imagine she'd be quite a terrifying character if you were a child, so I do wonder how she's going to be used, given that she's only attacked heels so far. Intriguing, first time I've been interested in the diva's division for a long time.

Besides the odd guest appearance that's exactly what they need to have him do.

I can't fathom people believing The Rock should be more involved, or maybe even wrestle; if you overuse him, or have him wrestle, then the whole premise of the match (...and what makes it special) just complete dissipates.

I actually enjoyed the show, the title match was miles better than any match the two have had before.

• Paid Members
What is it with The Rock always trying to be funny? I fucking love The Rock but he is coming across bent and I bet by Mania 28 he is booed out the building.

Really? You think one of the most famous wrestling related personalities in the world, in his hometown, against John Cena (who gets at least a smattering of boos pretty much everywhere) is going to be booed out of the building in his first match in the better part of a decade?

Archived