The UK TNA Impact Discussion Thread *No Spoilers!*

David

Slammiversary is the next PPV, right? I'm sure Foley said Destination X on Impact this week.

Disco was good, although his dancing looked terrible. I'm preferring the heel Anderson to the tweener right now. I hope he wrestles in an old-school Sting outfit against Sting at the PPV, that'd be a spectacle.

RVD v Angle was a really good match although RVD completely no-sold the Anklelock at the end to go for the frog splash, the little shit. RVD's best outing in TNA so far.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I caught Impact on Tuesday for the first time since Jeff Hardy came out off his head at one of the PPVs, and I thought it was surprisingly good. I don't know if it was just a one week thing, and it'll go back to being dog shit again next week, but I'm giving it another go. That new setup is sweet as well, looks so much better than the red.

Slammiversary is the next PPV, right? I'm sure Foley said Destination X on Impact this week.

Disco was good, although his dancing looked terrible. I'm preferring the heel Anderson to the tweener right now. I hope he wrestles in an old-school Sting outfit against Sting at the PPV, that'd be a spectacle.

RVD v Angle was a really good match although RVD completely no-sold the Anklelock at the end to go for the frog splash, the little shit. RVD's best outing in TNA so far.

The best thing about the main event is that hopefully the result means RVD won't be hanging around the title picture for a while. He's been awful. People rant on Abyss but at times RVD's been just as bad in creating nothing but apathy. Although I'll admit to this week's match being better, I think it helped that they worked at a pretty fast pace. Although yeah the selling was off, and Angle's moves mean so little that I was surprised when RVD went down to just one Angle Slam.

Is anyone else really not digging Foley's look? He's such an odd choice for a network executive.

I think Anderson as a full heel is a good move. He was getting pretty awful as a face/tweener, and it was causing people to forget how good he was last year at playing off his natural dislikable personality. Hopefully it'll put a cap on those shit 'I'm an asshole' chants and that stupid catchphrase, too.

I hope ODB is only a short-term thing to put over Velvet Sky. She really is unbearable.

Is anyone else really not digging Foley's look? He's such an odd choice for a network executive.

See post #34

Velvet's making a really good sympathetic face, isn't she? She has that thing going where you want to both protect her and bang the shit out of her at the same time.

• 3 weeks later...

Great show this week. Gunner is the shit. 'Crazy' Sting might be the best thing he's ever done. Good short, past x-Div wrestlers match. Really hope Austin is under contract. Joe/RVD and the BFG series in general - very acceptable. Gunner defeats his 2nd reigning world champion in as many weeks. Better than a months worth of RAW.

Yeah, that Sting & Hogan segment was top notch. As much as I'm digging the possibility of a cracking build-up between Hogan and Sting I'm not sure I want to see an anctual match between them.

The three-way X-Division match reminded me of the days when TNA were the shit. I hope they keep both Kash & Aries around.

Great show this week. Gunner is the shit. 'Crazy' Sting might be the best thing he's ever done. Good short, past x-Div wrestlers match. Really hope Austin is under contract. Joe/RVD and the BFG series in general - very acceptable. Gunner defeats his 2nd reigning world champion in as many weeks. Better than a months worth of RAW.

I'll be watching the first hour of Impact on Saturday as i've only seen the 2nd half (there's too much good TV on Tuesday!).

But i thought Joe came out of the RVD match looking great considering he lost. Gunner is great and i'm guessing he will win the BFG series. And i totally agree about the Sting/Hogan segment, absolutely loved it!

I'm really into TNA at the moment, it seems to be coming good just at the right time (as WWE seems to be getting worse). The last Impact was great, this Sting/Hogan angle looks like it has legs and the creative team seem to actually be thinking things through. Still some silly errors and questionable finishes to matches but I'd say it's finally on the right road.

Next up, remove all PPVs from the Impact Zone.

I'm not TNA's biggest fan really, but that was a great show this week. Nor am I one for hyperbole, but I can safely say that the closing Angle/Jarrett segment was one of the best things i've ever seen in wrestling. Incredible. The money shot when smug Jeff tries to walk away but realises Kurt is back up was awesome.

In fact, I think it was the first time since I was 13 that I managed to suspend my disbelief completely, without any slight trace of cynicism; I was on the edge of my seat, actually muttering to myself 'Go on Kurt, fucking hit him', 'get up you bastard' and when he was choking him with the shirt I got caught up in the moment and shouted 'GET IN!'.

Bully Ray was ace during that segment, too.

Another Impact wrestling show, and another couple of hours of entertaining wrestling.

I'm really digging the new, crazy joker-like Sting. His segment with Bischoff was fantastic, and the end of his match with Abyss was great as well. The old, reserved do-gooder Sting would never have laid into an opponent with a glove wrapped in barbed-wire. The new mentally unhinged Sting had no problem with it however!

It'll be interesting to see where they go with the Jarrett/Mexico angle, but it does throw up some opportunities for a few funny segments.

All in all Impact is ripping the piss out of anything WWE is putting out there (with the exception of the Punk angle). Good times indeed.

• Paid Members

There seems to be a lot more wrestling on the shows since the whole "Wrestling Matters" thing? Maybe its just me, but we had a really good Angle vs RVD match, the Jarrett vs Angle brawl, that X Division threeway which was good, RVD vs Joe and a few others. TNA's getting a really good balance. If you let the people who can talk and carry angles do their thing and let the wrestlers wrestle, it makes for some good television as its proved recently.

What was the deal with the women's street fight - it got no promotion whatsoever during the show, I would have thought it might be an improvised time filler match were it a live show, but since Impact is taped, they could easily have added some promotion in for it even if it was a late decision.

I am liking the Bound for Glory series, a really good idea and I have been suggesting something similar for years, it gives a reason for just having random good matches and of course is giving a good push to their "live" shows as well.

Archived