The UK TNA Impact Discussion Thread *No Spoilers!*

David

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think my main problem is that the I despise Anderson, and reach for the remote each time he comes on. Bully Ray, on the other hand, is my favourite thing on the show.

Anderson is just completely unlikeable isn't he? I hope they don't put the belt on him.

I also like Gunner too and he looks the part (which is actually what my friends, who now watch TNA cos its on freeview, have said).

Crimson and Matt Morgan do nothing for me either.

One thing i do like atm in TNA is several wrestlers saying in promos that they want the Heavyweight title. Even if its not gonna happen anytime soon, if ever, i like the fact that the mention it cos thats what they should all be aimimg for.

Watched some of it the other night, first time I've watched TNA in ages, I thought Bully Ray was awesome "I'm a Warrior" lol ha class he was great, dunno why he gets dissed by the internet fans, much more believable in that promo then anything I've seen Jeff do, better in the ring too.

I like how TNA shoot their backstage style interviews, theirs almost a big fight backstage feel about them, when the right people are cutting good promos, ala Bully Ray, it really comes off well.

Steiner at the end was making me laugh as well, every two steps, he would turn around and add more, :laugh:

One thing i do like atm in TNA is several wrestlers saying in promos that they want the Heavyweight title. Even if its not gonna happen anytime soon, if ever, i like the fact that the mention it cos thats what they should all be aimimg for.

I like that but there's literally no scene as far as the under card titles go. Beer Money deserve to be part of a bigger feud (they could probably get away with doing a main event tag feud whilst Sting/Anderson fuck off to the middle of the show) and I think Gunnar should have higher prominence on the show.

If TNA/Impact wrestling want to polish their wrestling credentials then I think their titles should be important across the card.

Also, the Samoa Joe promo they aired from backstage at Lockdown was really, really good. Every now and then you get a reminder as to why at one point he looked the fucking business.

That's true. Gunnar needs a decent feud and it's not like they haven't got a crap load of wrestlers to choose from. Samoa Joe might be a good choice.

Like i said before, they need to create some new tag teams (or bring in some indy ones-Kings of wrestling would be nice), they have a few but none very credible atm.

And the X-Division needs to get back on track. Again they have the wrestlers there to have a good division.

I hate the backstage beatdowns, they go on for far too long and with the lack of crowd noise they feel like really shit movie fight scenes, Morgan & Stieners went on far too long and there was a Knockout one last year that seemed to last half an hour.

I like the backstage camera deal but wish they would'nt show Immortal meetings with the shaky camera thing, if it was a secret meeting they would at least close the door.

Christy Hemme should replace Jeremy Borash as full time announcer, I hate when he did the main event over her and Dave Penzer before that, he's not exactly Micheal Buffer so he does'nt add more prestege or anything.

I guess I'm one of the few who like Anderson then? I think he's been good, and his promo with Sting regarding his trashed truck was good.

Unfortunately, I think we're still going down the route of a Hogan/Sting match, which I can't see how they would manage to pull off? Hogan looks fucked as it is when he's just walking around.

I like that but there's literally no scene as far as the under card titles go. Beer Money deserve to be part of a bigger feud (they could probably get away with doing a main event tag feud whilst Sting/Anderson fuck off to the middle of the show)

Agreed. One of the notable things about Heyman's fantasy booked Impact was that he put on a main event of Beer Money v MCMG. It's the only place where TNA is actually stronger than WWE.

I guess I'm one of the few who like Anderson then? I think he's been good, and his promo with Sting regarding his trashed truck was good.

I liked Anderson as a (loner) heel.

Anyone see it last night?

Was ok, pretty much a hype show for next week though, but it definately did the job for that. I know it's probably not but they've made it seem like Jeff Hardy could be Matt's partner. The actual person will be a right let down. Well for me anyway.

Sting/RVD is just so shit, the hype video was ok but who really wants to see this match? Sting can be ok, but I think he needs a strong heel to feud with, these face v face matches just don't cut it, and I expect Anderson ends up getting involved at Sacrifice so we have another face/tweener title match next month.

It's not been announced but I assume we're getting AJ v Bully Ray at Sacrifice, it's a match i actually want to see, Ray is superb at the moment, i'd even be tempted to have him feud with Sting after for the title.

But yeah decent enough show, next week's should be fantastic.

Have been watching TNA for the last few weeks and last night's was another good solid episode,although I do admit to going out for a toilet break during the Sting/RVD promo vid,I could not be less interested in Van Dam,which is odd for me because I absolutely loved him in WWE.

I don't mind RVD atm. I would much rather it be him than Anderson in the main event. Although like what's already said, he's bound to get involved.

I guessed it was Red as the new masked guy. Looking at the roster, they need to get some more X-division guys in from the indies. I'm not a fan of Kazarian but there's no-one else to put the belt on.

Anyone got any idea on Matts partner? I don't think it'll be Jeff either.

The first two-third's of Mick Foley's promo was absolute dynamite. He's just behind Heyman in the 'could-sell-me-a-gift-wrapped-turd' stakes...

It's the best he's been for years as far as I'm concerned.

Good episode to be fair, plenty of build for the ppv. Shame it still feels a bit thrown together.

Archived