The UK TNA Impact Discussion Thread *No Spoilers!*

David

Okay, I think we tried this before with the TNA Impact UK pace discussion threads, and rather predictably it ended up with wee wanks posting spoilers, and entire conversations taking place in those stupid spoiler tags.

Here's an idea, if you don't watch TNA on UK television and prefer to stream, download, read Meltzer's newsletter or whatever, then post in one of the billion other Impact spoiler threads, okay?

There must be others out there like me who catch Impact on a Tuesday night and who don't bother reading spoilers or whatever? If so, then this can be the thread for discussing TNA without worrying about spoilers.

Anyway, this weeks info;

FPSFM.jpg

Will Mr. Anderson finally get his title shot one-on-one in the ring with TNA World Champion Sting? Who at the network is the match maker? Plus Karen Jarrett is in search of the woman behind Kurt Angle and his acts of revenge.

Plus, the road continues to the May "Sacrifice" Pay-Per-View event!

I'm actually surprised that I've managed to avoid any information on who Angle's "mistress" is, although I doubt we'll find out this week. Hopefully they'll drag it out a bit.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This weeks was one of my favourite episodes of wrestling television in quite a while.

I'm not even a particularly big TNA fanboy, but it was well paced; had a more acceptable wrestling to promo ratio and, generally speaking, avoided the '50 people in the ring shouting over one another' type shindig that ruins TNA for me sometimes. It gave time to the right people, too; showcased the Bully Ray/AJ Styles feud; furthered the Angle/Jarrett stuff (can't wait for their blow-off match) and put more flesh to the bones of the network storyline.

My one gripe, however small, is that I wish they'd choose who Hogan's main foil was going to be; Sting or Anderson.

• Paid Members

I came in from my mates on Tuesday and Hogan was tearing RVD a new arsehole on the show. Didnt watch all of it, but that was pretty funny. Hogan was talking like it was 1989 again, with his little funny quips and silly lines. He hasnt done that for a while. His "the Networks coming at me like a double fisted Kangaroo, brother" was the line of the year so far, slightly ahead of the "no more hide the ball, no more ying/yang, yes/no, high/low brother" line. I've not been a fan of Hogan's standard "I'm the owner" lines recently. He was on fire on Impact. Never did nothing for RVD fair enough, but you have to admire the delivery.

I was a bit disappointed to see them seemingly carrying on the Jarrett/Angle feud, because I really want to see Jarrett get a run at the title while he's hot (even if it's just to lose to Sting for a PPV or two). I have no interest in the RVD/Anderson/Sting triangle, and as shit is Immortal are they could do with the boost of having one of their lads in the title picture.

I was a bit disappointed to see them seemingly carrying on the Jarrett/Angle feud, because I really want to see Jarrett get a run at the title while he's hot (even if it's just to lose to Sting for a PPV or two).

I have to agree there. I would have been happier seeing Angle win the cage match at Lockdown and put the feud to bed.

I'm glad i get wrestling for free and TNA is just about keeping my interest.

Bully Ray has been great and i look forward to him vs AJ. I think Sting's the right guy to hold the belt for a while but they need to find him a proper feud. I'm bored of RVD and especially Anderson.

I know people complain about Jarrett/Angle going on to long but i've loved there feud. And they always have great matches, i also can't wait for the final match.

They need to start building up some new tag teams aswell. I would of loved Generation Me to rival Beer Money cos there PWG heel work is great but that doesn't look like happening.

Didnt watch all of it, but that was pretty funny. Hogan was talking like it was 1989 again, with his little funny quips and silly lines. He hasnt done that for a while. His "the Networks coming at me like a double fisted Kangaroo, brother" was the line of the year so far, slightly ahead of the "no more hide the ball, no more ying/yang, yes/no, high/low brother" line. I've not been a fan of Hogan's standard "I'm the owner" lines recently. He was on fire on Impact. Never did nothing for RVD fair enough, but you have to admire the delivery.

Seconded. I felt that was Hogan's best promo work in quite a while, definitely his best since he turned heel. He usually kinda goes through the motions but this week he was on fire and had some great lines.

Steiner, Sting & Bully Ray were pretty great on the mic too.

My only problem with this week is that Hogan really overshadows everyone else in Immortal. They seem to be wanting us to think they're building to a Hogan - Sting match which just isn't going to happen due to Hogan's back.

It's left me all a bit confused on where they intend it to end up.

On the brightside Steiner continues to be absolutely phenomenal!

I thought Matt Hardy vs Sting was an ok tv match and hardy looks to have lost more weight, hes been looking decent since his debut and earned his slot in TNA.

Also quite like Mexican America I know its all been done before but still.

Scott Steiners promo's are car crash stuff but are just fun to watch.

I thought Matt Hardy vs Sting was an ok tv match and hardy looks to have lost more weight, hes been looking decent since his debut and earned his slot in TNA.

I think it's probably due to the fact that he actually gives a toss now. At the tail end of his WWE stint he just couldn't be arsed I think.

Props to Matt Hardy. I don't think carrying Jeff's title is going to do him any favors and I think now is the step for his character to step out of his brother's shadow. He had a good match with RVD at their second ppv meeting and had a good match with AJ at Victory Road. I hope to see him get more opportunities to shine. At the Manchester TNA show in January Matt came out to a great reaction and the fans were ready to see him do his thing and he was treated like a big star, a status of which I believe he could have acheived in WWE if given the chance. Matt's a big name and I'm glad to see him in a position he's happy with because he's been round the block with little accolades to show for it in terms of titles.

I didn't really feel this weeks episode, lacked pretty much everything that the episode previous so good.

I think my main problem is that the I despise Anderson, and reach for the remote each time he comes on. Bully Ray, on the other hand, is my favourite thing on the show. Oh, and Scott Steiner.

'...why does the moon go down at night?'

Archived