CM Punk leaving WWE?

Snitsky's back acne

Saw this on lordsofpain.net, so take it for what it's worth.....

'There has been a lot of talk within WWE that CM Punk's career with the company may be coming to an end soon. Word is that Punk has not re-signed a new deal and that's the reason he's been downplayed as of late. If you notice Punk getting pushed out of nowhere, that probably means he's re-signed. The topic of Punk leaving WWE started on the European tour and continued at RAW last night.

Apparently Punk has also been telling people close to him that he's interested in taking some time off. We hope to have more later.'

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually this is also now being reported on pwinsider.com too.

Infact, this is how they're reporting it.....

As we initially reported last night in the PWInsider.com Elite section, former WWE World champion CM Punk has not signed a new WWE deal and there's been a lot of talk that Punk is looking to exit the company when his deal expires in a few months.

Internally, that possibility has been discussed for some time but during the European tour, discussion of Punk's exit came more and more to the forefront.

According to WWE sources, Punk has been offered a new long-term deal but has balked at signing, citing burnout with being on the road for years and unhappiness with his position in the company over the last year.

As one source pointed out, Punk has been something of an "Iron Man" for the company, working full-time on the road with the exception of his hip injury needing to be rehabbed last year. At the same time, despite delivering with whatever was handed to him creatively, Punk has watched as other talents developed since he debuted ended up pushed as bigger names and treated as more important than Punk, including Miz and Alberto Del Rio.

"When you look at how the company brands it's characters, Punk is never among the top 5-8 names that are promoted or pushed," said the WWE office source. "It's Cena, Orton, Miz, Undertaker, Rey, now Alberto, etc. these days and Punk is sort of floating right under there. He didn't fit into the youth drive a few months back but he's not treated like a top veteran either. He's just there, doing his job and while everyone knows he delivers, he's never really treated like someone who does. He's never dropped the ball but we don't give it to him really, either. He's treated like a guy, but not THE guy. For a driven guy like him who's made wrestling his entire world, it's got to drive him crazy. Now, the excuse will be don't push Punk because he might be leaving, but the reality is the environment and situation is what is probably making him want to leave to begin with. Either it gets fixed or it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy, just like it did when Batista walked out."

As is the norm with such situations, a new deal could be struck at any point, but as more and more sources discuss Punk leaving the company as a distinct possibility, time will tell. We'll have more when we get it

He won't go to TNA. He'd have to be retarded to put his career in their hands at this stage. I could see him taking a Jericho-style sabbatical though, and coming back when he's got plenty of leverage to get a good deal on a new contract, and WWE have had time to miss him and hopefully value his contributions a bit more.

If they let him go at all, they're idiots though. Punk is the best all-round package in WWE who isn't already semi-retired or named John Cena. And he's one of the few believable characters they have with real relevance to popular culture and the young male demographic.

I dont think he will ever be THE guy, he comes across as that GOTO guy, kind of like Jericho, he does a very good heel, but I always thought this spot he is in, is where he will stay while in WWE.

I dont think its that bad of spot to be in(you could be on superstars!), Jericho puts up with it, atleast for awhile before he does one and comes back, I guess CM Punk is thinking the same way now.

• Paid Members
Actually this is also now being reported on pwinsider.com too.

Infact, this is how they're reporting it.....

According to WWE sources, Punk has been offered a new long-term deal but has balked at signing, citing burnout with being on the road for years and unhappiness with his position in the company over the last year.

"When you look at how the company brands it's characters, Punk is never among the top 5-8 names that are promoted or pushed," said the WWE office source. "It's Cena, Orton, Miz, Undertaker, Rey, now Alberto, etc. these days and Punk is sort of floating right under there. He didn't fit into the youth drive a few months back but he's not treated like a top veteran either. He's just there, doing his job and while everyone knows he delivers, he's never really treated like someone who does. He's never dropped the ball but we don't give it to him really, either. He's treated like a guy, but not THE guy. For a driven guy like him who's made wrestling his entire world, it's got to drive him crazy. Now, the excuse will be don't push Punk because he might be leaving, but the reality is the environment and situation is what is probably making him want to leave to begin with. Either it gets fixed or it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy, just like it did when Batista walked out."

Hasn't he been consistently doing good stuff in a good spot for a while now, the feud's with Rey and Orton were good and they seem keen to always have him doing something.

He wouldn't be the first person to be in that position, but if he really is that good he'll end up being the go to guy and he will have to be on top, how long was edge in that position before he finally hit the top level?

He could just be playing for money though, could he not?

• Paid Members
I could see him taking a Jericho-style sabbatical though, and coming back when he's got plenty of leverage to get a good deal on a new contract

Difference is, Jericho left to pursure other interests. WWE in 2011 is so interchangable, they could give a fuck if someones trying to get funny with them on contract negotiations. Jericho's situation and CM Punk's situation is completely different. Jericho had leverage because WWE didnt want him to go initially. If CM Punk leaves, I doubt any of the WWE heads will see it as if its Jeff Hardy leaving. Punk's a good promo and a decent wrestler, but its not a Batista or a Shawn Michaels. They've never really went all the way with him anyway.

If they let him go at all, they're idiots though. Punk is the best all-round package in WWE who isn't already semi-retired or named John Cena. And he's one of the few believable characters they have with real relevance to popular culture and the young male demographic.

I agree with this. I was skeptical when it came to CM Punk during his first title run, but he's made me a believer over the last few years, and I think if he's a bit miffed about his lack of upward mobility at the moment, he has a right to be. It's all very well comparing him to Jericho as someone who'll never be quite the top man, but at Jericho's peak he had to compete with the likes of Austin, Rock, Triple H, Undertaker, Angle and Lesnar in their prime for the top spot. Punk has only really started to peak over the last two years, and there's nowhere near that volume of stars around who are at or above his level. I think he's certainly a more believable Wrestlemania main eventer than Miz (who I do like, but not at that level), in terms of both working a main event match and posing a credible threat to the likes of Cena.

Archived