CM Punk leaving WWE?

Snitsky's back acne

Might sound very silly of me, but i suppose if punk is taking a break, would he give ROH a go for a year or so? He'd get a bit of money (not loads, but better than none), as well as taking any other bookings if he wanted to. Doesnt mean he would wrestle full time or anywhere else at all, but keep him busy and involved in a product he used to be a part of, as well as (i expect) is still interested in.

He keeps busy, it helps out ROH, wouldnt be a bad move as far as i can see.

I would certainly like that. WWE is the drizzling shits, so seeing him anywhere except there would suit me just fine.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can imagine if Punk leaves WWE, he would initially take some time off all together. But he would be able to get a a big offer from TNA, ROH would stretch as deep at they could into their pockets to bring him back and I imagine Japan would also be interested and be willing to put good money on the table. All of these options would offer him a lighter schedule, an opportunity to have regular better matches and have greater creative freedom than he currently does.

I think Punk could get paid decent money wherever he goes now, and assuming he has been relatively sensible with his money he might leave WWE simply because the money isn't that big a motivation for him anymore.

I'd love him to go back to ROH and do some tours of Japan (NOAH in particular, Punk vs Kenta; GTS vs GTS would be pretty cool), although he has been one of the few bright spots in some pretty awful WWE programming over the last few years, WWE haven't done half as much as they should of done with him.

He might not ever want to go back to WWE if he leaves. WWE is undoubtedly the biggest show in town, but corporate wrestling it isn't necessarily an environment that suits everyone.

But he hasn't gone yet and I'm sure WWE will be desperate to try and make him stay. He might even just take 6 months off when his contract is up and then come straight back to WWE when he has healed up.

Punk possibly leaving WWE came up in pub conversation last night during half time of the Barca game, so I'll just repeat what I said there. I really hope he doesn't leave since he's probably my favourite thing there, but if he does leave, I'll continue to watch Raw (when I remember to/when it looks good).

Hopefully if he's after time off, something I wouldn't blame him for wanting at all to be perfectly honest, he might sign a new contract with them on the basis that he can have 6 months off or something and then return next year for the build to Wrestlemania or something. Alternatively, I'm sure they'll have a contract ready and waiting for him to sign once he's finished having time off and is looking to get back in the ring. I can't see him being someone they'd want to slip through their grasp, and I think he probably knows himself that going to TNA wouldn't be fantastic.

Punk possibly leaving WWE came up in pub conversation last night during half time of the Barca game, so I'll just repeat what I said there. I really hope he doesn't leave since he's probably my favourite thing there, but if he does leave, I'll continue to watch Raw (when I remember to/when it looks good).

Hopefully if he's after time off, something I wouldn't blame him for wanting at all to be perfectly honest, he might sign a new contract with them on the basis that he can have 6 months off or something and then return next year for the build to Wrestlemania or something. Alternatively, I'm sure they'll have a contract ready and waiting for him to sign once he's finished having time off and is looking to get back in the ring. I can't see him being someone they'd want to slip through their grasp, and I think he probably knows himself that going to TNA wouldn't be fantastic.

I could see a one time appearance for TNA. The camera cuts to him back stage. He says "Hey Jeff" and then they cut away.

I think the part of the report where it talks about im being unhappy is total bullshit

If he feels that way that makes him look like a douche saying "hey give me the belt now please and if you dont see you later"

I honestley doubt he feels that way, his last two programs have been with the two biggest stars of the company

If he feels like he wants time off and be like Chris Jericho then fine but I just didn't like reading thats because people were getting pushed and he wasn't

His last two feuds have been against Cena and Orton, not he's getting buried on Superstars. Plenty of TV/promo time too. Punk leaving would suck, one of the best guys WWE have, considering Jericho's off dancing, Edge retired, and Trips and Taker just stopped by to say hi for Wrestlemania. I actually like how they haven't pushed Punk huge ala' Cena or Orton, prevents him from getting stale in the top spot.

Archived