What wrestlers would WWE pick up if TNA went bust?

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

If Spike kicked TNA off the channel and the Carters were stuck with a load of contracted wrestlers and nothing to do with them, so decided to flog it to WWE, which out of the roster do you think WWE would pick-up and who do you think would be the ones working is Safeway in a few months? With no alternative and thus no negotiation leverage, WWE would be able to pick anyone they wanted. Or who better yet, who would you like to see them hire?

Here's the list of TNA's roster and key employees:

Abyss

A.J. Styles

Alex Shelley

Amazing Red

Anarquia

Brian Kendrick

Brother Devon

Bully Ray

Chris Sabin

Christopher Daniels

Crimson

D'Angelo Dinero

Desmond Wolfe

Douglas Williams

Eric Bischoff

Eric Young

Gunner

Hernandez

Hulk Hogan

James Storm

Jay Lethal

Jeff Hardy

Jeff Jarrett

Jeremy Buck

Jesse Neal

Kazarian

Kiyoshi

Kurt Angle

Magnus

Matt Hardy

Matt Morgan

Max Buck

Mick Foley

Mr. Anderson

Murphy

Okato

Orlando Jordan

Ric Flair

Robbie E

Robert Roode

Rob Terry

Rob Van Dam

Samoa Joe

Scott Steiner

Shannon Moore

Sting

Tommy Dreamer

Angelina Love

Madison Rayne

Mickie James

Ms. Tessmacher

Rosita

Sarita

Tara

Velvet Sky

Winter

Cookie

Karen Jarrett

Christy Hemme

Don West

Jeremy Borash

Mike Tenay

SoCal Val

Taz

Who do you think are dead certs to be picked up and who are the ones who we'd probably never see again?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, theres none. Not Certs anyway, theres a few guys they might bring in and see how they do but theres no one thats either had their chance or just doesnt seem to fit the WWE bill i.e. AJ Styles. Sting is a possibility but I think given his age and his reluctance to work their so far it just wont happen.

If Spike kicked TNA off the channel and the Carters were stuck with a load of contracted wrestlers and nothing to do with them, so decided to flog it to WWE, which out of the roster do you think WWE would pick-up and who do you think would be the ones working is Safeway in a few months? With no alternative and thus no negotiation leverage, WWE would be able to pick anyone they wanted. Or who better yet, who would you like to see them hire?

Abyss

A.J. Styles

Alex Shelley

Amazing Red

Anarquia

Brian Kendrick

Brother Devon

Bully Ray

Chris Sabin

Christopher Daniels

Crimson

D'Angelo Dinero

Desmond Wolfe

Douglas Williams

Eric Bischoff

Eric Young

Gunner

Hernandez

Hulk Hogan

James Storm

Jay Lethal

Jeff Hardy

Jeff Jarrett

Jeremy Buck

Jesse Neal

Kazarian

Kiyoshi

Kurt Angle

Magnus

Matt Hardy

Matt Morgan

Max Buck

Mick Foley

Mr. Anderson

Murphy

Okato

Orlando Jordan

Ric Flair

Robbie E

Robert Roode

Rob Terry

Rob Van Dam

Samoa Joe

Scott Steiner

Shannon Moore

Sting

Tommy Dreamer

Angelina Love

Madison Rayne

Mickie James

Ms. Tessmacher

Rosita

Sarita

Tara

Velvet Sky

Winter

Cookie

Karen Jarrett

Christy Hemme

Don West

Jeremy Borash

Mike Tenay

SoCal Val

Taz

Who do you think are dead certs to be picked up and who are the ones who we'd probably never see again?

Really the only ones I could see being picked up are Matt Morgan Rob terry and Magnus. The others either wouldnt catch Vince's eye or have already worked in WWE and worked beyond their use

• Paid Members

They'd take Flair, Angle, Foley, RVD and after some considerable debate Hogan, because Angle and RVD are still useful in the ring and have fresh matches on Raw or SmackDown and they would like to plaster Foley, Flair or Hogan on DVDs or tv or plastercasts and sewing kits.

They'd take AJ as the most consistent of the X set to put over Sin Cara, Beer Money as a solid tag team (with Roode as future singles potential) and Velvet because they'd think they could sell her magazines and calendars to serial self-abusers like me (they'd be right). That would be about it.

• Paid Members

For starters, any of these guys would probably wind up on legends contracts and they'd do appearances every now and then, wind up in the hall of fame eventually (if they haven't already on the list) and maybe return for the odd match or two: Brother Devon and Bully Ray as the Dudleys, Eric Bischoff, Hulk Hogan, Kurt Angle, Mick Foley, Ric Flair, Rob Van Dam, Scott Steiner, Sting, Tommy Dreamer, Taz

These cats, I'm not so sure WWE would consider welcoming them back with open arms anytime soon for various reasons, but I think they wouldn't bother with the likes of Brian Kendrick, Jeff and Matt Hardy, Jeff Jarrett, Matt Hardy, Mr. Anderson and Orlando Jordan

As for those who would at the very least beef up the midcard, I think you'd have to look at the following:

Abyss, A.J. Styles, Motor City Machine guns, Christopher Daniels, Pope, Douglas Williams, Hernandez, James Storm, Jay Lethal, Kazarian, Magnus, Matt Morgan, Generation Me, Robert Roode, Samoa Joe, Shannon Moore.

Out of all of those, only one or two would even be remotely considered by head office for a potential push (and with good reason I think) in a WWE environment, Roode being a prime candidate to assert himself on such a big stage. Others would need a character re-tool or a character altogether such as Doug Williams.

Also, I think they should pinch some of the TNA ladies if they can and clear out some of the WWE ones who offer virtually nothing. The TNA lasses would fit right in I reckon, still being hot enough to pull off the diva image they keep pushing but also going some way to making the womens division watchable for the first time since Trish left.

Roode, AJ Styles, Van Dam, Pope, Anderson, Morgan and Hernandez i'd say would be signed for certain.

Then i could see Team 3D signed to a legends deal and a brief nostalgia run. Flair, Foley, Hogan and Bischoff would be approached for legends deals also im sure.

If Jeff Hardy would go to rehab and his legal woes were over, i could see him being given another shot.

I could also see Taz being approached as he fit into his commentator role well in WWE.

Angle i could see getting another run to finish his career up, even a 6 month return creates a lot of big money matches.

Sting i have no doubt would be asked, but it would be a case of whether he would work for Vince or not. You just know Vince would love to have him under contract if only briefly, he is after all the biggest name in US wrestling never to work for him.

Other then those already named im really unsure. I dont think there'd be a mass exodus of stars though..

The two guys who I see the most potential for in WWE at this stage are Roode and Magnus. I think they would be snapped up in a micro second.

Both have the look, talent and in case of Magnus the age that WWE looks for, Roode at this stage should be trying to get out of TNA if he wants a big run in WWE, now is the perfect time. I havent a clue how long he has on his contract though.

AJ Styles (Dont think WWE would bother with him. Doesnt fit the WWE mould at all and they've used the AJ name in the past. He's obv an afterthought for WWE)

Bully Ray (I think he's burnt his bridges with WWE now)

Hulk Hogan (Sure WWE would love him back. They seem desperate to use him in compilation clips and his name)

Jeff Hardy (If he can keep his demons in check I'm sure WWE would have him back. Possible liability)

Kurt Angle (See above)

Magnus (Got the look and charisma to make it, few months in FCW would sharpen him up to telly standard)

Matt Morgan (Said on twitter he'd never consider going back to WWE but no-one in Morgan's position could turn down the cash McMahon doles out)

Mick Foley (I'd love to see him back. Be good to see him treat like a star again a'la Nash/Booker)

Mr. Anderson (Never)

Ric Flair (Back on good terms with them. Hard to turn down on both sides)

Robert Roode (Does have something about him. Screams another Braden Walker to me)

Rob Terry (Maybe he'd get another shot just for his impressive look/enforcer role)

Rob Van Dam (Big draw. His TNA has damaged his legacy IMO)

Scott Steiner (See Foley)

Sting (See Steiner/Foley)

Velvet Sky (Think she'd blend in well with the current crop of divas/Seems desperate to make it too much to Johnny Ace's benefit :devil: )

• Paid Members

I'm surprised people are saying Morgan and Anderson. They'd never have those two back. Morgan never did much with them last time he was there, they'd have about 50 opportunities to get him back and always passed and he seems to have hit a wall where he cannot improve his abysmal wrestling ability. He's pretty useless in the ring, which is a shame because I quite like him as a promo man. And Anderson's hated by all the headliners and even the likes of Kevin Dunne and Brian Gewertz hate him because he kept fucking up the plans they had for him by getting injured. Anderson contract with TNA is only a 6 month rolling deal. He's had two chances to go back and they've not taken him up on it. He's on the "Randy Savage" list apparently. But unlike Randy, Mattel and Yuke's arent after figures and computer games featuring Mr. Kennedy, so it I cant see him ever being back in the good books.

Abyss

A.J. Styles

Alex Shelley

Amazing Red

Anarquia

Brian Kendrick

Brother Devon

Bully Ray

Chris Sabin

Christopher Daniels

Crimson

D'Angelo Dinero

Desmond Wolfe

Douglas Williams

Eric Bischoff

Eric Young

Gunner

Hernandez

Hulk Hogan

James Storm

Jay Lethal

Jeff Hardy

Jeff Jarrett

Jeremy Buck

Jesse Neal

Kazarian

Kiyoshi

Kurt Angle

Magnus

Matt Hardy

Matt Morgan

Max Buck

Mick Foley

Mr. Anderson

Murphy

Okato

Orlando Jordan

Ric Flair

Robbie E

Robert Roode

Rob Terry

Rob Van Dam

Samoa Joe

Scott Steiner

Shannon Moore

Sting

Tommy Dreamer

Angelina Love

Madison Rayne

Mickie James

Ms. Tessmacher

Rosita

Sarita

Tara

Velvet Sky

Winter

Cookie

Karen Jarrett

Christy Hemme

Don West

Jeremy Borash

Mike Tenay

SoCal Val

Taz

Really the only ones I could see being picked up are Matt Morgan Rob terry and Magnus. The others either wouldnt catch Vince's eye or have already worked in WWE and worked beyond their use

Morgan had a run in WWE and Terry was in developemental.

My money would be on Roode, RVD,Hernandez and maybe Magnus and AJ .

If it was up to me, I would hire the following:

AJ Styles - He would be a decent mid card talent, and if they are running low he could be useful in main events.

Alex Shelly - The Motor City Machineguns are a great tag team, and are needed to revive WWE's tag team division.

Brian Kendrick - He has something, really reminds me of a young Shawn Michaels.

Chris Sabin - See Alex Shelly

The Pope D'Angelo Dinero - I would build him up with catchphrases and make him look cool.

Desmond Wolfe - If he is healthy, if not and he had to retire young, he would be awesome on commentary.

Doug Williams - Bring him in with Brutas Magnus as British Invasion.

Hulk Hogan - Obviously.

James Storm - Beer Money.

Jeff Hardy - Get him sorted out, put him on a limited main event schedule.

Kazarian - Decent mid carder.

Kurt Angle - Get him off the drugs, put him on a limited main event schedule.

Brutas Magnus - See Doug Williams

Mick Foley - Give him back his gimmick from 2000, and make him GM of Raw.

Ric Flair - Make him manage AJ Styles and Kaz.

Robbie E - Fresh and fun gimmick, put him with Zack Ryder.

Robert Roode - See James Storm. Has serious potential, reminds me of a young Triple H.

Rob Van Dam - Limited upper mid card/main event schedule.

Scott Steiner - Get him in with a legends contract.

Sting - Limited main event schedule

Angelina Love - Hot babe

Madison Rayne - Hot babe

Velvet Sky - Hot babe

Cookie - Robbie E. and Zach Ryder's manager

Archived