What wrestlers would WWE pick up if TNA went bust?

IANdrewDiceClay

It took the WWE so long to do anything with WCW and to have WCW guys to start appearing in WWE that it might be years before they did anything with TNA.

More than likely they'd just use it to re-release best of DVDs now featuring TNA matches.

Many have burned their bridges now and you've only gotta look at the dues former TNA main eventers Christian and R-Truth have had to pay to get a look in for the E to know that if they were to sign a load of ex TNA'ers they'd be jobbing for a year.

There's also the problem that the WWE can't run with a 100 person roster so i'd be expecting many (like the Dudleys and Hardy/Moore & co) to go off and start their own promotions and many will look to go to Japan/Mexico etc.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, what 'dues' have Christian and R- Truth paid? Seems to me they've had pretty good WWE careers since coming back. Neither of them are natural fits for the WWE main event scene, so just getting a sniff of it is pretty impressive.

So, what 'dues' have Christian and R- Truth paid? Seems to me they've had pretty good WWE careers since coming back. Neither of them are natural fits for the WWE main event scene, so just getting a sniff of it is pretty impressive.

The dues i was referring to was going from TNA main eventers to almost jobber status in the WWE and then spending years working through the mid card to get to a push into the main event scene.

R-Truth re-signed in 2008 and they've done very little with him in that time so this push is kinda pay off for 3 years of working with seemingly little fuss or controversy. Christian came back on ECW in 2009 and won that title but that belt was hardly a big part of WWE at the time often not being defended on PPV etc. It was almost like it was done to appease his large number of supporters.

I seem to remember alot of people saying maybe a year or so ago that both of them had been held back after making the jump from TNA and a few folk commented that it was at least partly down to Vince not wanting to push people who might be associated with TNA. Though obviously everytime an ex WWE champ makes the jump the other way they are straight into the TNA title picture.

I'm not sure about neither being natural fits i mean both are about as good if not better on the mic and in backstage segments as say John Cena, both are pretty solid in the ring and have both done well with the limited stuff they've had to do. I'm sure if they had the spot that others had been given in the past (and failed with) they'd had done better with it.

• Paid Members
The dues i was referring to was going from TNA main eventers to almost jobber status in the WWE and then spending years working through the mid card to get to a push into the main event scene.

Did you even watch TNA when Ron Killings was in it? R-Truth would slice off and deliver his cock and balls to be half as pushed and marketed as WWE has. Ron Killings was a bigger waste of pace than he is in WWE. He was just there in TNA. He was never a main eventer when the company made it onto television. The only time you saw The Truth near the main event scene was when Power Slam were reporting on the promotion in its "Elsewhere" section. R-Truth if this Benson and Hedges gimmick doesnt work out for him, he'll be back doing jobs Xplosion to Eric Young.

There's a case they could have done more upon Christians return to WWE, but its far from a burial. Vince McMahon put Christian in the same slot as he's always seen him in. It wasnt a burial. It was Vince's opinion that he wasnt worth a run in the headline spot. Christian is in a far better position than when he was in TNA anyway. He wasnt doing to much in his last 12 months with them.

"Jobber status". This pair gets six figure pay offs because they are on popular computer games and sells merchandise because they are fairly well liked by the WWE Universe. If thats jobber status, then Iron Mike Sharpe got fucked badly on paydays.

TNA pushed Truth in the Pacman Jones thing which was probably the biggest media event they'd done at that point. He'd also had a tag run with Sting and was the first ever black NWA champion when there were others they could have put it on and I seem to remember them doing alot with 3Live Kru. He spent his last year with TNA injured for 6 months and then tried to leave them six months before he went so it's not like they were going to do a whole load more with him.

I'd not realised just how long Christian had been out with that injury I just remembered him not winning MITB and loosing to Kofi for the IC title so i suppose he's not really in the same category as R-Truth in many respects.

I'm sure if iron Mike was working now he'd get a pretty decent paycheque. I know his job has been taken by the likes of Primo and Chris Masters who are probably earning a few quid.

Archived