Worst ever announcers/co-commentators...

Ron Simmons

Mooney and Hayes were just brutal. So bland and I could never tell if Hayes was a heel or face, some matches he'd be cheering on the heels and praising their tactics, other times he would be condemning them. He used to ruin the Coliseum Home Video releases more often than not, just a thoroughly irritating bloke.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Booker T, I can't believe he hasn't been pulled from tv yet. His "announcing" during the Lawler vs Miz match on ppv a few months ago was so bad I started longing for the "glory days" of Matt Striker being at the desk.

Just like his wrestling career from about 2003 onwards, it's like he's deliberately trying to be as shit as possible. You can't be that bad, that annoying, that overbearing by accident. No other commentator's ever felt the need to scream "SNOOP DIZZLE CALIFORNIA BRIZZLE" when someone kicks out of a pinfall.

• Paid Members

He's total crap. I can't understand what the fuck he's on about half the time.

I'm not having this anti-Zbyszko stuff though, I really liked Larry on commentary.

• Moderators

I thought Larry Z was ace! Bert Prentice was horrid on Xplosion, Bruno Sammartino is definitely the worst I've ever heard though. Even worse than Stagger Lee Marshall and Scott Fake Voice Hudson.

• Paid Members

Sammartino was awful. Forgot about him. Gorilla Monsoon and Bruno were a proper odd pair werent they? WrestleMania II had a load of shite on it, because there was about 50 different commentators. On a different note Earnie Ladd's commentary on the Battle Royal was awesome. What an amazing voice Ernie Ladd had. Go and give it a listen. People say WMII wasnt very good, but from what I got out of it, Elvira and Ernie Ladd should have been commentators and Bill Fralic should have been a wrestler. "The Studd or is it ... THE DUD!".

Sammartino was awful. Forgot about him. Gorilla Monsoon and Bruno were a proper odd pair werent they? WrestleMania II had a load of shite on it, because there was about 50 different commentators. On a different note Earnie Ladd's commentary on the Battle Royal was awesome. What an amazing voice Ernie Ladd had. Go and give it a listen. People say WMII wasnt very good, but from what I got out of it, Elvira and Ernie Ladd should have been commentators and Bill Fralic should have been a wrestler. "The Studd or is it ... THE DUD!".

Including one lady who uttered the phrase "Uh Oh" every 5 seconds

Since Booker T joined the Smackdown announce team I've been shocked at just how terrible he actually is at his new gig. In fact, he's quite possibly the worst co-commentator I've ever heard.

You gotta be kidding me.

-Booker T, about fifty times per episode of Smackdown

Including one lady who uttered the phrase "Uh Oh" every 5 seconds

Her. She was the WORST commentator I've ever heard, but to be fair I guess she was a celebrity or someone just sitting in.

Booker is bad, isn't he? Really bad. I think it's because he's hugely restricted about what he can and can't say, and as a result just comes out with drivel. I suspect if he was just allowed to use words like "wrestler" or call moves properly, he's be ok.

Archived