Worst ever announcers/co-commentators...

Ron Simmons

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Superstar Billy Grahams performance at SummerSlam 88 has to be up there as one of the worst.

I have to disagree, I loved the superstar especially when he shouted 'come on mega referee'

The worst has to be Lord Alfred Hayes, dont know if he was employed just to please the british audience but he sucked donkey cock.

Rob Bartlett was pretty damn awful.He calls Yokozuna,Yokozuma in the first match ever held on Raw..pretty much set the standard for the rest of his short tenure in the WWF. The commentary is pretty horrendous on the Best of Raw Season's 1+2 that was recently released on DVD.

I've never liked Cole, heel turn or not I just find him awful. Never actually comments on the match now he is a Heel which is sh*t and also forgets that Smackdown is supposed to have the illusion it's on a Friday!

Why, what's he say?

LAST NIGHT ON RAW!

• Paid Members

Me and Mickfan still talk about the times from back at school when we found out Raw had Kevin Kelly and Michael Cole on the headset. You knew it was going to be a shit night. As funny as Michael Cole's been, though, his best run on commentary was always in partnership with JBL on Smackdown.

Lee Marshall surely has this won doesnt he? His only job was to put over what was on after Thunder. He'd say stuff like "Vincent and Stevie Ray are both black, which isnt to dis-similar to the colour jackets the Blues Brothers wear, which is on TBS after this addition of Thunder" And this would be during a main event. He was mental. Mark Madden was good though. I dont see why anyone would have hate for him. He brought life to some of the most stupid angles in wrestling history. He was a good commentator.

I can't stand listening to Randy Savage's 1993-4 commentary, it hurts my ears.

Savage was a bloody nightmare, especially on some of the Coliseum tapes where he puts inflection on words/syllables seemingly at random, changes the speed or volume of his voice at random moments and generally makes no sense. Still, fun for JR and the Brain clearly kicking back on a relatively easy days work, asking each other if they understand him and generally taking the piss out of Macho.

Hard to believe he got fed up of the "winding down, mostly commentator" gig he had settled into there, to go wrestle every week for WcW and win the World title four times.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Archived