Worst ever announcers/co-commentators...

Ron Simmons

• Paid Members

Since Booker T joined the Smackdown announce team I've been shocked at just how terrible he actually is at his new gig. In fact, he's quite possibly the worst co-commentator I've ever heard. I don't really see any upside in the guy, others - take Mike Adamle for example - were at least fun to listen to/semi-coherent. Anyway, Booker got me thinking, who does everybody else hate to listen to? Who are the worst announcers/co-commentators of all time and why?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I can't stand listening to Randy Savage's 1993-4 commentary, it hurts my ears.

Savage was a bloody nightmare, especially on some of the Coliseum tapes where he puts inflection on words/syllables seemingly at random, changes the speed or volume of his voice at random moments and generally makes no sense. Still, fun for JR and the Brain clearly kicking back on a relatively easy days work, asking each other if they understand him and generally taking the piss out of Macho.

Hard to believe he got fed up of the "winding down, mostly commentator" gig he had settled into there, to go wrestle every week for WcW and win the World title four times.

Mark Madden is my personal least favourite.

As far as PBP guys go, Sean Mooney was pretty bad, he just sounded bored. Eric Bischoff was not good. Some of the C-level WWE announcers in the last decade have been poor but forgettable.

I always thought Mark Lowrance of WCCW was pretty bad as well, for that era. He just sounded like he thought he was above calling wrestling, and wouldn't take it seriously.

Archived