Worst ever announcers/co-commentators...

Ron Simmons

• Moderators
Her. She was the WORST commentator I've ever heard, but to be fair I guess she was a celebrity or someone just sitting in.

Susan St. "UH-OH" James?

Her best part was going "COME ON GEORGE!" all through the Steele vs Savage and George Wells vs Jack Roberts matches. I think she was Dick Ebersol's wife or something, which'd make sense considering the time.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was desperately hoping that the two daughters from "7 Simple Rules" would suddenly lez up with each other, but once again the writers missed a trick.

While there are a load of worse candidates, Scott Hudson used to annoy me with his constant making-up of names for people's regular moves. "The Perfect Bomb!", "The Awesome Slam!", etc.

Whether this was just for a laugh on recording the WorldWide shows I don't know.

Sammartino was awful. Forgot about him. Gorilla Monsoon and Bruno were a proper odd pair werent they? WrestleMania II had a load of shite on it, because there was about 50 different commentators. On a different note Earnie Ladd's commentary on the Battle Royal was awesome. What an amazing voice Ernie Ladd had. Go and give it a listen. People say WMII wasnt very good, but from what I got out of it, Elvira and Ernie Ladd should have been commentators and Bill Fralic should have been a wrestler. "The Studd or is it ... THE DUD!".

Wrestlemania II is one of the most under rated WWF PPV's ever imo, not amazing by any streatch but the same could be said about the majority of WWF PPV's during that era and I may be wrong but I think Ernie Ladd did commentate for the WWF for a while and you are spot on about Bill Fralic that guy simply had "it" imo.

As for shit commentators McMahon was the pits but he was at least funny with it for example listening to the Jesse rip into him for not knowing the names of The Jumping Bomb Angels (though I wouldn't be suprised if Jesse didn't know either) is great.

Joey Styles WWF/E run was pretty absymal looking back and lets not forget Mick Foley's legendary phoned in "effort" at the first One Night Stand PPV.

Archived