Louis Theroux & the Westboro Baptist Church

David

I'll have to check this out. Did anybody see the one he did with the skinheads? I watched it the other day, stunning just isn't the word

What was the title of that one? Not sure if I've seen it to be honest.

Is that the one in Poland? If so, thats another eye opener as well. :duh:

No, it wasn't Poland. It was in America, probably Texas actually, I forget. It was a link on my homepage. Just said something like 'Louis Theroux visits Nazis'. Whilst we're all grown up and know the score, it's extremely eye opening to see how these people really think

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I'll have to check this out. Did anybody see the one he did with the skinheads? I watched it the other day, stunning just isn't the word

What was the title of that one? Not sure if I've seen it to be honest.

Is that the one in Poland? If so, thats another eye opener as well. :duh:

No, it wasn't Poland. It was in America, probably Texas actually, I forget. It was a link on my homepage. Just said something like 'Louis Theroux visits Nazis'. Whilst we're all grown up and know the score, it's extremely eye opening to see how these people really think

The best thing about that episode is that he refuses to answer if he's Jewish or not (He isn't) to make them uncomfortable. Considering the people hes talking to and their beliefs it was a brave thing to do.

Both episodes are so surreal. To think that people like this actually exist is scary.

To the poster who said Grace Phelps was kind of hot: I see what you mean. I would probably sling one up her, although I'm somewhat worried that she was actually a munter but looked good in comparison to the eldest sister. I can't remember her name, but the one who looks completely inbred with the ridiculous forehead.

That aside, the Phelps family really are a reprehensible bunch. I am somewhat obsessed by Louis Theroux's documentaries even though I don't really like the guy himself: I think he picks interesting subjects but sometimes is downright rude, disrespectful towards or dismissive of what he is investigating (the episodes about Judaism and WCW are cases in point), but in this one I really connected with him. It must be a real pressure to infiltrate this horrid cult and live their lifestyle for a couple of weeks.

I usually don't think anyone deserves death, but it would be kind of funny if one of them was killed or murdered. As a lapsed Catholic I'm more and more leaning to the idea of once you're dead, you're dead: finito. If it is "God's will", then I want someone to film Fred Phelps made to mop up the brains of his cunt daughter Shirley after she's been shot at point-blank range. She would "deserve" it, after all.

• Paid Members
Isn't it just a scam to make money for their law firm? All the main members of the Church are lawyers.

Nope. The reason they are all lawyers is so they can help the Church. Given that they are always likely to face legal actions and no lawyer outside the Church would take them without a MASSIVE payment, they'd probably have gone bust years ago if they hadn't.

The second one was pretty disturbing stuff. I'm pretty sure at least one of those boys at the start is going to grow up to be a serial killer. Imagine living your entire life being told that you are naturally evil so you must be perfect at all times? I'd have gone on a killing spree as soon as I was old enough to hold a gun.

I loved the fact that their long term goal is moving to Israel. That'll go down well :laugh:

My Brother actually worked on an episode of Jeremy Kyle that they appeared on and said that they had people from the crowd trying to attack them before and after the show. Their whole aim in life seems to be to piss people off

My Brother still stands by his statement that this is the one and only time Jeremy Kyle hasnt been the biggest cunt in the room

They weren't in the room, kyle's still always the biggest cunt in the room.

And to be fair, watching that, I saw alot of similarities, they're both into finding people who don't fit into their own moral compass, and then shouting at them until they realise it. Plus everyone knows the westboro baptist church are nutters, Kyle's got himself a following.

So, I'd put kyle up against the wall first, given the option.

Isn't it just a scam to make money for their law firm? All the main members of the Church are lawyers.

Nope. The reason they are all lawyers is so they can help the Church. Given that they are always likely to face legal actions and no lawyer outside the Church would take them without a MASSIVE payment, they'd probably have gone bust years ago if they hadn't.

Nah, it's a massive scam. They make money through their websites, media appearances and making offensive statements in order to get someone to assault them... then they sue their attackers and the police force that was to protect them.

It's a fake cult motivated by money. Phelps is a very rich man.

• Paid Members
It's a fake cult motivated by money. Phelps is a very rich man.

What does he spend it on? DVD boxsets?

The family cant really leave their little cult compound. Thats one hell of a sacrifice for money.

His interview with the little boy was priceless. When asked who the beast was

"President Obama, perhaps" Even a 11 year old kinda thinks it's all bollocks!

And if you think me immature, fine, but I laughed my head off when Louis guffawed at the "pink cave in Jordan" line

Archived