RAW Discussion *Spoilers* 28/3

Super Cena

WWE or Hollywood?  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

did it not annoy the fuck out of anyone at all

as much as i LOVE the rock . that he got beat down by the miz and Alex Riley and he just shrugged it off and beat them down

then AS ALWAYS john cena got the upper hand.

ffs is no one else getting absolutely sick and tired of cena opening and closeing raw EVERY SINGLE WEEK :(

i love pro wrestling but wwe don't make it easy

What would you have done with him then?

Imagine you're booking WWE right now. Put aside any pissy anti-Cena shit.

You're booking the LAST Raw before Wrestlemania. John Cena is in the title match at that PPV. Where do you put him if he doesn't close Raw?

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the situation with John Cena now that he's hit The Rock with his AA? On paper, it had "Hogan at BATB-esque heel-turn" written all over it yet it didn't come across as such. In years gone by when talking about how Cena could be turned heel, having him and The Rock squaring off before Cena hitting The Great One with an Attitude Adjuster/FU would have been seen as being a dream heel-turn scenario.

Cena will obviously get the typical 'Wrestlemania Cena reaction' from the crowd on Sunday and The Miz is no doubt going to be booed. The match will have to go on last if there's going to be any sort of major Rock involvement, but then having a heel versus heel-type 'Mania main event is mental. I can not figure out where they're going with this one.

Any guesses as to how it will play out?

• Paid Members
What's the situation with John Cena now that he's hit The Rock with his AA? On paper, it had "Hogan at BATB-esque heel-turn" written all over it yet it didn't come across as such.

Of course it didnt. The Rock got what he deserved. He'd bashed Cena for weeks, did skits where he tried to embarrass him and was about to give him a kicking before the Miz came out. Hogan turned on his best friends in Sting and Savage and told the millions of Hulkamaniacs who loved him for years to "stick it". Cena FU'd a mouthy cunt who had it coming. There's a big difference.

as much as i LOVE the rock . that he got beat down by the miz and Alex Riley and he just shrugged it off and beat them down

ffs is no one else getting absolutely sick and tired of cena opening and closeing raw EVERY SINGLE WEEK :(

You're booking the LAST Raw before Wrestlemania. John Cena is in the title match at that PPV. Where do you put him if he doesn't close Raw?

im not anti cena at all pal i dont like him but i dont dislike him im not talking about just this raw is seems like its every week

What's the situation with John Cena now that he's hit The Rock with his AA? On paper, it had "Hogan at BATB-esque heel-turn" written all over it yet it didn't come across as such.

Of course it didnt. The Rock got what he deserved. He'd bashed Cena for weeks, did skits where he tried to embarrass him and was about to give him a kicking before the Miz came out. Hogan turned on his best friends in Sting and Savage and told the millions of Hulkamaniacs who loved him for years to "stick it". Cena FU'd a mouthy cunt who had it coming. There's a big difference.

I see your point there but I still think that there's more to it than that. Rock hadn't been the only one doing the trash talking; Cena had done his fair share of bad-mouthing The Rock as well, including in a roundabout way telling him to suck his dick.

Okay, the comparison to the Hogan turn wasn't brilliant but I still think that there's substance in saying that Cena hitting The Rock with the AA could be seen as being a heel turn. The Rock had just cleared the ring of Alex Riley and Cena's 'Mania opponent, The Miz. Cena then 'stalked' The Rock from behind, it wasn't like they were both face-to-face and Cena decked him.

It clearly wasn't a proper heel turn ala Hogan, but it could well be planting the seeds for one down the line ala Bret/Austin. They're not daft, and they must have known it would get Cena booed out of the building - hence the smug look and the 'you can't see me' gesture - so I don't think it was in any way intended as a babyface move either. Cena hasn't been whiter than white in this either, and he did start the whole thing thing before trying to justify it in a really revisionist, snivelly way on monday.

• Paid Members

There's justification in why he did his finish on the Rock. They were about to start fighting before the Miz showed up. The Rock gave Steve Austin the Stone Cold stunner the week before he defended the WWF belt against him at WrestleMania in 2001. It didnt make him a heel, because Austin was about to start giving him a kicking. The Rock and Cena dont like each other in the storylines. If the roles were reversed Rock would have done the same thing to him.

If they are going to turn Cena heel "planeting seeds" isnt what they should ever do. Bret Hart was a planned heel turn from the minute he stormed out in 1996 after losing the Iron Man match. That was the slow building heel turn. Cena's FUing the Rock isnt out of character for him, because Rock insulted his fanbase, insulted what he stood for and told him he didnt like him.

In fairness, a lot of that probably had to do with the passionate, genuine promo Cena had just cut. I would never have expected anyone to be supporting Cena if he was faced up against The Rock until Monday night, but that promo was top dollar and audibly turned a lot of the crowd onto his side.

^ The Rock was facing Austin at WM 17 though; that would have been akin to Cena hitting the Skull Crushing Finale on The Miz here, which would not have been seen as being a heel move in the slightest.

Sure, you can justify the reasons why Cena nailed Rock with the AA but I still think that there's aspects of it that point towards a heel turn.

I think that I'm actually deviating away from my initial post - I don't think that turning Cena heel was the direction they tried going, I was just saying that on paper and in theory it could well have come across that way.

im not anti cena at all pal i dont like him but i dont dislike him im not talking about just this raw is seems like its every week

What are you on about? The Miz has beaten the crap out of Cena for the past month!

• Paid Members
^ The Rock was facing Austin at WM 17 though; that would have been akin to Cena hitting the Skull Crushing Finale on The Miz here, which would not have been seen as being a heel move in the slightest.

Sure, you can justify the reasons why Cena nailed Rock with the AA but I still think that there's aspects of it that point towards a heel turn.

Rock and Austin were both faces. Both had an issue with each other. Rock and Cena both have issues and both are faces and they were just about to start knocking the shite out of each other. I cant see how anyone can think that was setting up a heel turn. You dont want people to think your biggest star is about to turn heel and if you are hinting that your having a change in attitude and your about to turn bad, you dont defend your moral code, your beliefs and your fanbase 2 minutes before you do it. Cena came across as someone who doesnt give a fuck what Mr. Cool thought and stood in his face and told him if he didnt like him or what he represented he could try his luck. Cena looked more of a babyface than The Rock has.

What are you on about? The Miz has beaten the crap out of Cena for the past month!

Exactly. Plus they're part of the Raw Wrestlemania main event. They SHOULD be closing the damn show each and every week.

Archived