RAW Discussion *Spoilers* 28/3

Super Cena

WWE or Hollywood?  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Orton vs. Punk is one of the matches I'm most looking forward to really as I have been a huge fan of Nexus since they began and I think Punk's New Nexus has been great. What I'm hoping for is the New Nexus members to make a return at Wrestlemania and try to take out Orton but fail only to have a monster debut and totally destroy Orton behind the ref's back and then Punk pin Orton. I wouldn't be too surprised if the Nexus do turn up and turn on Punk though after what he said last night about not caring if anyone got punted or something along those lines.

Exactly what part of the New Nexus has been great, apart from just CM Punk who comes out to his own music anyway? As soon as Punk took over Nexus has been a waste of time, Otunga was the only original left and looked even more like a chump for not taking over himself when Barrett was kicked out, and the rest of them were getting beat clean by Santino every week for christ sake. Haven't they all been shipped back to development aswell?

I loved the idea of the Nexus too but you have to admit they've been far from great since the start of the year.

Well I guess when Punk took over the Nexus and then had his short rivalry with Barrett which ended with him turning on Barrett and making him lose the cage match, the initiation of the members was interesting, Mason Ryan's debut and becoming a Nexus member and then watching Orton pick them off one by one has been good.

I understand what you're saying, that Punk could be great without Nexus but they act as his wall of defence and his safety net and by having them there they have made the feud more interesting than a one on one and they make Punk's character look even better, rather than being a heel he is a cowardly heel who can brainwash people into following him and doing his dirty work whilst he doesn't really care that much about them anyway. Orton has had to go through all of them to get to Punk and have him one on one and even now Punk may have some of them ready to return to help him or even have a new member lined up to help. The Nexus, although they are not being shown to be major players in the feud actually do play a huge factor in the feud as they allow Punk's character to grow and look cowardly and make him seem as though he is an uncaring, brainwashing leader, without Nexus none of this would be possible, it'd be your run of the mill heel vs. face feud.

For me that Raw was a great example of what a go home show should be, they hyped pretty much everything bar the cody vs rey fued.

I especially loved the HHH-Taker-HBK segment, in particular when Shawn walked off because he doesn't believe that Triple H will win.

I am now looking forward to Wrestlemania 27 on sunday even more

Taker/HHH storyline just doe'nt click for me.

I hate feuds about respect/honor.

Basically they were saying "I respect you, I love you"

While at the same time trying to say "On Sunday I'm going to stick my sledgehammer up your ass in a No Holds Barred match"

It's probably just something I find annoying but thought I'd mention it

Id love The Rock and Cena thing if it wasn't totally overshadowing the WWE Title, I mean for one Cena hasn't even mentioned that he's challenging and wants to win the title on Sunday. Miz just got best up like a chump, and the final shot was Cena and Rock.

Is there any point Cena even facing Miz at WrestleMania? It clearly doesn't matter about the title to anyone but Miz, Rock and Cena just wanna fight each other, they may aswell just hsve Miz not bother turning up. In a way the way they've devalued the WWE Title in this story makes Miz seem like a bigger joke for taking the belt so seriously.

Chuck the belt in the bin, give Miz the night off on Sunday, they just don't matter it seems.

I thought both The Rock and Cena were great. Even Miz didn't look out of place.

They've done about as good a job as they can of juggling the three to be honest. Timing of The Rock coming back is a little unfortunate for The Miz, as it means he has to share the spotlight with one more guy BUT he hasn't been ridiculously buried or anything. He's had the upper hand on Cena a number of times, and went out there last night and took it to The Rock.

Cena was clearly given more promo time than The Rock and, in theory, he needed it more than The Rock did. I don't agree with anyone saying Rock looked like a chump. He kept it simple and threatened to kick Cena's ass, which is exactly what the majority of fans want to see. Less of the childish piss taking of recent weeks, and more physicality. Why not? And his physical performance was absolutely fine. The kip-up wasn't dreadful, and the punches etc were as good as can be expected from a guy that hasn't been there for ages.

I felt all three main guys at the end did a stellar job in all honesty.

The show was mediocre at best. The in-ring promos lasted way to long and werent the hot at all. The match between Cena and Miz doenst even excist anymore and the HHH and Taker feud doesnt get me thrilled at all.

Its nice to hear the people liking the show on this forum, but you're prob the same people that watch a really bad episode aswell as a good one so it doesnt change a fucking thing.

Cole-Lawler is the hottest feud at the moment and Vickie got the biggest heel reaction.... RAW 2011 :)

The Rock eating an Attitude Adjuster was huge. That's a clip/image that the WWE will reuse plenty of times over the course of the next few years.

I'm guessing that Cena will beat Miz for the title and then take a Rock Bottom afterwards, with Rock standing tall as the show closes.

An awesome segment there between Undertaker, Hunter and Michaels. As mentioned previously, HBK leaving the ring instead of answering Triple H's question was a thing of beauty. The funny thing is, in my mind I know that 'Taker will win at WM but each time I think about it, the more I have to keep reminding myself of the inevitable outcome which just goes to show that they are putting at least some doubt in the back of our minds.

I don't care much for Orton, but I love anything that Punk is involved in so I won't mind their match too much.

Cody Rhodes versus Rey Mysterio is the most interested I've been in a Mysterio match in forever.

Del Rio is incredible, and I hope that he defeats Edge (as I'm sure he will do) for the World Heavyweight title.

Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler have been superb in their respective roles during the build up to their match; I'm looking forward to this one. A Lawler win via Piledriver would be tremendous, however unlikely it may be.

Sheamus isn't my cup of tea but I've always been a fan of Daniel Bryan and so I'll enjoy seeing him perform at a Wrestlemania.

I love Wade Barrett and I think that The Corre are a good little faction, but I don't think that this 8-man match is going to be much greater than what we'd see from them on an episode of Smackdown.

I could take or leave the 6-person tag, I suppose I'm just glad that Ziggler and Morrison are on the card in some capacity.

The show was mediocre at best. The in-ring promos lasted way to long and werent the hot at all. The match between Cena and Miz doenst even excist anymore and the HHH and Taker feud doesnt get me thrilled at all.

So you don't think the in-ring promos were necessary on the go-home show for Wrestlemania? Surely that's the whole point? It's to build up the feuds as much as possible, which is exactly what HHH/Taker/Shawn, and Miz/Cena/Rock did. I have no idea what else you'd want.

Its nice to hear the people liking the show on this forum, but you're prob the same people that watch a really bad episode aswell as a good one so it doesnt change a fucking thing.

So you're basically belittling anyone who actually liked the show with such a sweeping generalisation. Aren't people actually allowed to like the show because they enjoyed it? Just because you didn't like it, it doesn't mean it was a bad show necessarily. That kind of attitude is ridiculous.

Cole-Lawler is the hottest feud at the moment and Vickie got the biggest heel reaction.... RAW 2011 :)

And what's wrong with that? Absolutely nothing. It's not the first time that a non-wrestler has been the biggest heel, and it won't be the last. Cole has been fantastic in his role and deserves the spotlight he's getting. Other heels are doing a good job too like Del Rio, Punk, Rhodes and The Miz.

I thought both The Rock and Cena were great. Even Miz didn't look out of place.

They've done about as good a job as they can of juggling the three to be honest. Timing of The Rock coming back is a little unfortunate for The Miz, as it means he has to share the spotlight with one more guy BUT he hasn't been ridiculously buried or anything. He's had the upper hand on Cena a number of times, and went out there last night and took it to The Rock.

Cena was clearly given more promo time than The Rock and, in theory, he needed it more than The Rock did. I don't agree with anyone saying Rock looked like a chump. He kept it simple and threatened to kick Cena's ass, which is exactly what the majority of fans want to see. Less of the childish piss taking of recent weeks, and more physicality. Why not? And his physical performance was absolutely fine. The kip-up wasn't dreadful, and the punches etc were as good as can be expected from a guy that hasn't been there for ages.

I felt all three main guys at the end did a stellar job in all honesty.

I get what you're saying and I agree about the 3 guys doing good with the promos, but honestly after that segment, do you think anyone really wants to see Cena take on The Miz?

I mean we should want to see Cena become the champ, but the fact he hasn't even mentioned the belt yet and so that he wants to win it and why, makes it seem like he may aswell not waste his time with miz. Hell if Miz didn't bring the belt with him everywhere the casual viewer wouldnt even know the match is for the WWE Title.

I firmly believe that wrestling shluld be booked around the world title, that's the biggest thing, or should be in your company, for all TNAs faults, abs they have many, they do try to make their title seem a big deal. At the minute they have at least 4 guys who are actively chasing the title, no one apart from the miz even mentions the WWE title anymore. Such a shame.

In saying that, I can't wait for WrestleMania, I just wish they made the title mean, not just more but SOMETHING at least.

I moved out of my Mum and Dad's house 8 years ago. I moved in to my own flat and got sky TV was a great moment. A year later I moved house so me and my then girlfriend could move in together. At this time this new fantastic thing called sky plus came out. I decided as I liked TV but couldn't watch it all at the same time this was a bloody great invention. I then got my girlfriend pregnant, we were living in a very big flat but not really child friendly so I got us a house and brought my sky with me. I also by this time even felt the need to pay them an extra

I get what you're saying and I agree about the 3 guys doing good with the promos, but honestly after that segment, do you think anyone really wants to see Cena take on The Miz?

I mean we should want to see Cena become the champ, but the fact he hasn't even mentioned the belt yet and so that he wants to win it and why, makes it seem like he may aswell not waste his time with miz. Hell if Miz didn't bring the belt with him everywhere the casual viewer wouldnt even know the match is for the WWE Title.

I firmly believe that wrestling shluld be booked around the world title, that's the biggest thing, or should be in your company, for all TNAs faults, abs they have many, they do try to make their title seem a big deal. At the minute they have at least 4 guys who are actively chasing the title, no one apart from the miz even mentions the WWE title anymore. Such a shame.

In saying that, I can't wait for WrestleMania, I just wish they made the title mean, not just more but SOMETHING at least.

They booked themselves into a difficult position really. I still want to see The Miz against Cena, as much as I want to see Cena/Rock, or even Miz/Rock to be honest. Yes, the title has definitely taken a back seat, and the Miz has had to fight for attention so to speak.

But, I have to give them a little leeway at this time. The Rock coming back is something they couldn't pass up, and they've done exactly what they should do with someone of that calibre. Should any wrestler be bigger than the title itself? No, but they have to capitalise on the guy, and they're probably doing the best they can with whatever they've been given. None of us really know what The Rock is willing to do, how long he's going to be around for etc.

I think if we were all in the same position, we wouldn't want to waste him. I don't see it as a slight on The Miz, because he's done a fantastic job as champion, and yes arguably he does deserve a little better but he hasn't been buried week on week. If anything, the title has, but he personally hasn't.

I definitely agree about the importance of the title, but sometimes on very very very rare occasions, I think if you've got something incredible available to you then you have to seize the day with that instead. And the title will be there long after The Rock is.

• Paid Members

Numberonedavidotungafan why am I a sucker? I go to work earn decent money and seeing as I am 26 I sort of feel I can spend my money on what I like. Did you really need to quote the whole message as well for such a shit remark.

Archived