RAW Discussion *Spoilers* 28/3

Super Cena

WWE or Hollywood?  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
It's a bit stupid of them to do all this build up and then axe one of their show's before Wrestlemania.

They can barely fill Smackdown in a normal week. I think it makes perfect sense to end the WM hype with a live Raw featuring The Rock. Should create a great buzz.

3 hour Raw are almost always shit too. They need to absolutely stack 2 hours and 10 mins.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
So you think that The Rock would come back talk trash for the last six weeks about Cena/Miz only to turn up and get his arse kicked by these two

If he thought it was what was best for business, then yes he would. He did it throughout his career with everyone. Angle. Jericho. Brock. Everyone. Whether he will or not will be determined by Vince and what he thinks is best for the story, but if they wanted him to put Cena or The Miz over there's not a chance in the world The Rock wouldn't do it.

The Rock is a movie star,former Wrestler would you say he is completly ego free.

In terms of whether he wins or losing wrestling matches? Yes I would say he was completely ego free, and I would cite his entire fucking career, and all of the guys he put over and made into stars, as evidence for this.

To say The Rock's got a massive ego that won't allow him to put people over is absolutely ridiculous. You couldn't pick a man who represents that type of wrestler any less.

He lost to the fucking Hurricane!

He hardly put the Hurricane over he lost a match to him there is a big difference or am i wrong on that?

Putting some one over - moving them up the ranks to the same level as yourself or somewhere near. Thats what I always thought, am I wrong?

Yes The Rock has put over lots of people over elavated them to the next level. I just feel in this case he won't/ Can't put people over with out being to look like a really weak man. He has trashed talked for weeks about laying the smackdown to turn up and get his ass handed to him would make him look like a chump.

The Rock is set to appear in a segment with The Miz and John Cena. Any guesses as to how this will turn out?

I think its a mistake for this to happen, to see Cena and Rock staredown should be saved for WM, why give it away free then expect people to pay to see it? its just silly, I think it another mistake is they announced Rock on the RAW after WM as well, again if The Rock is going to be on the night after for free, why buy the PPV, whatever happens on WM surely he will be talking about on the RAW after.

If WWE want good buyrates they should consider these things, maybe their will be no staredown, maybe two guys are in the ring Miz n Cena and TheRock is up the ramp, that would make more sense to me, they certainly shouldnt be any beatings on anyone, just save all that for the PPV.

Undertaker and Triple H are also set to meet face-to-face in the ring. Anybody else think that Hunter may announce tonight that he's putting his career on the line in their 'Mania match?

No I dont think he will, because one TripleH wants to slow down, not full on retire, he has a few more WM in him yet, plus a 6day build up for one of the greatest careers in WWE? you know TripleH would want to milk that, plus the Undertaker has already agreed to the match, he cant suddenly say "Oh hang on mintue I changed my mind if you want to fight put your career on the line or else WM is off", I know im using normal logic and WWE never do, but even that would seem silly right now.

It will probably just be TripleH burying the locker room again and Taker saying Rest In Peace, while I want to see this match, the build up has not got me hype, I dont know how to explain it, but it feels forced, its kind of like when HBK and God (lol) was feuding with Vince, the start of that feud felt forced.

I've clearly missed something pretty big, but the initial post says they're filming footage for this weeks smackdown, but everyone else seems convinced there isn't one this week; what's the deal, clip show or something...?

I've clearly missed something pretty big, but the initial post says they're filming footage for this weeks smackdown, but everyone else seems convinced there isn't one this week; what's the deal, clip show or something...?

There will be about 3 matches on Smackdown this week, and will be taped tonight before Raw goes live. The rest of Smackdown will be stuff from Fan Axxess at Wrestlemania.

• Paid Members
He hardly put the Hurricane over he lost a match to him there is a big difference or am i wrong on that?

Putting some one over - moving them up the ranks to the same level as yourself or somewhere near. Thats what I always thought, am I wrong?

He still lost to him. A guy with a big ego wouldn't have even been in the same ring with him. And had they had a longer program, he would've likely made a star out of him like he did pretty much everyone he ever feuded with ever. He lost, lost and then lost some more throughout his career, never once displaying any type of ego or inclination towards not putting people over.

Yes The Rock has put over lots of people over elavated them to the next level. I just feel in this case he won't/ Can't put people over with out being to look like a really weak man. He has trashed talked for weeks about laying the smackdown to turn up and get his ass handed to him would make him look like a chump.

Regardless of if he does or doesn't, it won't be due to ego or him refusing, based on everything he's ever done in the business. That was my point.

• Paid Members

People are seriously moaning about The Rock not putting people over?! Fuck me!

Apart from maybe Mick Foley, Randy Savage and Kurt Angle; The Rock is the most selfless main eventer ever in that regard. Considering The Rock was/is a much bigger star than all of those men too speaks volumes. This is the guy that jobbed to a greener than grass Brock Lesnar (when everybody else was trying not to) and did his best putting over Chris Jericho and Kurt Angle before the likes of Triple H/Austin/'Taker did their best to make sure their progress stopped.

Also it's Hurricane (a cruiserweight with a comedy gimmick). Not everybody can be a main eventer, Hurricane had his role and everybody knew it.

• Paid Members

He still lost to him. A guy with a big ego wouldn't have even been in the same ring with him. And had they had a longer program, he would've likely made a star out of him like he did pretty much everyone he ever feuded with ever. He lost, lost and then lost some more throughout his career, never once displaying any type of ego or inclination towards not putting people over.

Regardless of if he does or doesn't, it won't be due to ego or him refusing, based on everything he's ever done in the business. That was my point.

That's fair enough. Maybe it is not ego that won't let him get his arse kicked by Miz or Cena but I just can't see him doing the job for either of them. This is the whole reason that makes this Raw so good nobody has a clue what is going to happen. Someone mentioned Cena getting a pasting backstage so him and The Rock could not have a face off that would be a brilliant idea, that still leaves the door wide open for Wrestlemania.

I still think The Miz is getting his tonight. 3/4 weeks of getting Cena it has to be his turn to be left laying I did think that last week and was wrong though.

I almost want Miz to be beaten down tonight, if only so it leaves 'Mania even more wide open. We all know how they love to have the opposite person win at the PPV. If Miz was standing tall come the end of Raw, I'd be far more worried about him losing at 'Mania.

• Paid Members

I can actually see The Miz taking out both John Cena and The Rock tonight. It makes The Miz look like superman, gives him more heat and also gives them a reason for The Rock and John Cena to have their big high five at 'Mania as The Rock gets his own back on The Miz by helping John Cena win.

I hope I'm wrong as I want The Rock to wrestle John Cena and The Miz to retain (never thought I'd type that). A John Cena win does nothing. Thinking about it, maybe The Rock 'accidently' cost John Cena the match. Nice way to set up a future match (if they're headed that way).

Bloody live tennis on SS3 again tonight, so I doubt NXT and Afterburn will be on time, might be worth noting that seeing as RAW isnt strictly live tonight, that might come on late as well. Thats if they don;t randomly shift the channel late on like last time.

Probably set SS3 and SS4 to tape for like 4 hours, dont wanna miss this! :laugh:

• Paid Members
Re: Rock V Hurricane.

Just rewatch that match again.

Then rewatch the HHH v Huricane match that followed.

Then tell me that Rock didn't put Hurricane over.

Ok so I watched both, I do remember The Rock match I assume the two I watched were the two you meant this is The Rock vs Hurricane

The match was good. Hurricane got in a decent amount of moves after getting beat down for about 5 minutes. He won with a roll up because Austin came out and distracted The Rock.

This is

Another really good match. Hurricane looked to have it in the bag until Flair go involved. This was slightly different from The Rock match as Hurricane was not helped out this time he was distracted much like The Rock was. He got in some great moves and had a few near falls, After a silly mistake Triple H mopped him up with the pedigree.

He wasn't really buried in either. Also I am not disputing The Rock has put people over I am saying he is not going to job now. Trash talking for six weeks then getting your arse kicked would make you look like a complete chump. I could be wrong and Raw could finish with The Miz standing over him or cena it would just make the Rock look like shit. Unless it was a swerve and he helps The Miz win at Wrestlemania.

• Paid Members
Re: Rock V Hurricane.

Just rewatch that match again.

Then rewatch the HHH v Huricane match that followed.

Then tell me that Rock didn't put Hurricane over.

Ok so I watched both, I do remember The Rock match I assume the two I watched were the two you meant this is The Rock vs Hurricane

The match was good. Hurricane got in a decent amount of moves after getting beat down for about 5 minutes. He won with a roll up because Austin came out and distracted The Rock.

This is

Another really good match. Hurricane looked to have it in the bag until Flair go involved. This was slightly different from The Rock match as Hurricane was not helped out this time he was distracted much like The Rock was. He got in some great moves and had a few near falls, After a silly mistake Triple H mopped him up with the pedigree.

He wasn't really buried in either. Also I am not disputing The Rock has put people over I am saying he is not going to job now. Trash talking for six weeks then getting your arse kicked would make you look like a complete chump. I could be wrong and Raw could finish with The Miz standing over him or cena it would just make the Rock look like shit. Unless it was a swerve and he helps The Miz win at Wrestlemania.

Why not? The Rocks previous record of comebacks proves he's not arsed and will put people over. YOU have suddenly decided The Rock won't do business even when every bit of evidence says otherwise.

The Rock is back to help WWE, not himself.

Archived