RAW Discussion *Spoilers* 28/3

Super Cena

WWE or Hollywood?  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

To say actors spend more time away than wrestlers is ridiculous. The Rock does about 2-3 films a year. He's not always in the starring role so the amount of time he actually spends on set a year is probably 3-4 months. The rest of the year he can do whatever he wants. And when on set he has a 5 star hotel or house set up for him with days off and easy for family/friends to visit. It's a bit different that driving city to city 5 nights a week staying in a different hotel every night while getting beat up, having to deal with backstage politics, arguably alot more job pressure all for less money. As an actor he has a much less hectic schedule, gets paid alot more, it's a more confortable living and as he has said many times before...he LOVES acting!

And blaming his divorce on his acting career...you don't even fucking know the man you daft cunt. How do you know he fucked up his family? I read an interview with him where he said he and wife are best of friends after the divorce. You are spouting complete bollocks.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
The Rock loved/loves the wrestling business. He had the chance to go make movies making millions more to work far less. Anyone would do that given the chance.

I wouldn't.

See how your body feels travelling 250 days a year, bumping 4 nights a week and see if you still feel that way.

Depends on what context that you take the initial statement in. I am a carpet fitter and do well. My body takes a battering knee's and back the majority of it. I get a lot of aches and pains etc, no where near the level a WWE superstar would get but this is my comparison.

I got offered a job with in the company I do a lot of work for. Doing estimates, paper work, dealing with other stuff and basically getting off the tools. They offered me an extra

would rather be in WWE in the Main Event but if i had done everything in WWE including Winning all the Titles and Main Event WM then Hollywood came I would do it but want to still wrestle. Surely the Rock could of done that, they could of give him a smaller schedule

It's an obvious point but one everyone is totally overlooking. Wrestling is *incredibly* physically demanding. After a few years of near-constant pain, I'm sure you'd all look at an offer from Hollywood in a new light. If Cena was anywhere near good enough to make it in Hollywood, he'd pack his bags tomorrow.

You've got to remember also that The Rock headlined the WWF throughout its most successful ever period. He headlined Wrestlemania X7 against Stone Cold in what may have been the absolute pinnacle of our sport. It was all downhill for him after that, especially once he'd battled Hogan. He'd fought against everyone there was to fight against and headlined every PPV worth a damn. He upped and left for Hollywood after he'd already co-lead (alongside Austin) the WWF through its most successful ever era.

With that said, anybody who would rather be a successful WWE main eventer than a successful Hollywood movie star is a fucking moron. It's the sort of thing a ten year old would say - "Yeah, I'm gonna grow up and be WWE Champion; it would be so much cooler than being a film star". Anybody who would rather have the road and travel schedule that is required of a WWE main eventer as opposed to the work that is required of being a movie star for less money needs to take a look in the mirror, give themselves a slap in the face and sort their life out. The travel schedule is a footnote when compared to the major health risk that is par for the course of being a WWE Superstar; any night you head to the ring you're not only putting more toll on your body physically, there's also every chance that you could be dropped awkwardly and have your neck or back broken.

As a successful Hollywood movie star, you'd be on more money for much less of a physical demand than you would being a WWE main eventer.

If John Cena would turn that lifestyle down then he'd be a buffoon of the highest order.

With that said, anybody who would rather be a successful WWE main eventer than a successful Hollywood movie star is a fucking moron.

Well argued. Like said fucking moron.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not there; I'll take the default answer as being 'Yes'. I argued why I thought that they'd have to be a 'fucking moron' in the paragraph which followed that sentence.

• Paid Members
With that said, anybody who would rather be a successful WWE main eventer than a successful Hollywood movie star is a fucking moron.

Well argued. Like said fucking moron.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not there; I'll take the default answer as being 'Yes'. I argued why I thought that they'd have to be a 'fucking moron' in the paragraph which followed that sentence.

They wouldn't be a fucking moron though. And only a fucking moron would call someone a fucking moron for not having the same aspirations as them. As much as pro-wrestling is a tough life, it's also a very privileged one. At the top level, it pays incredibly well, you get the opportunity to travel, to meet people, to be on TV, to work in front of thousands of people each night, to work with some very talented people, to be anything you want to be. That comes at a price but for some people, it's a price worth paying. If I could do it, I'd be on a plane today. And I wouldn't rather be in holywood making movies. That's not something that appeals to me. Is an actor's lot really all that? There are plenty of actors who've been as fucked up as pro-wrestlers down the years.

• Paid Members

I would rather be main eventing in WWE with you lot hating me because my promos are not serious enough and I have held the belt to long. I would get as many STD's I could handle off of the divas and have millions of fans.

I never dreamed about being a movie star and winning an oscar My dream growing up was to win WWE title and have all the fame that come with wearing small pant's wrestling men in other small pant's.

Fuck Hollywood WWE for me any day of the week.

You've got to remember also that The Rock headlined the WWF throughout its most successful ever period. He headlined Wrestlemania X7 against Stone Cold in what may have been the absolute pinnacle of our sport.

You really wreck your posts when you say stuff like that.

I don't see why the big debate really. The Rock wanted to do something else, Cena was jealous that he didn't stick around so he could have some entertaining feuds with him. It's definitely not been the greatest way to get the two together on screen but, given how stale WWE storylines are these days it'll have to do.

^ Re: Tiger Rick. - That's mental; that's the sort of attitude that you'd take towards a hobby, not a career. You'd rather pop a crowd each night than be able to provide a more luxurious life and have more money to comfort your family? Being a WWE main eventer for any sort of prolonged period of time would nigh-on guarantee that you'd be in at least some physical pain in your everyday life when you decided to hang up the boots. Your family would see very little of you if you were travelling with the WWE as well, certainly less than if you were a film star.

You've got to remember also that The Rock headlined the WWF throughout its most successful ever period. He headlined Wrestlemania X7 against Stone Cold in what may have been the absolute pinnacle of our sport.

You really wreck your posts when you say stuff like that.

I don't see why the big debate really. The Rock wanted to do something else, Cena was jealous that he didn't stick around so he could have some entertaining feuds with him. It's definitely not been the greatest way to get the two together on screen but, given how stale WWE storylines are these days it'll have to do.

Yeah, I know it's not a sport and nor is it 'our sport'. 'Our sport' is a phrase that I've heard to describe wrestling on numerous occasions; I don't see the problem.

Archived