Michael Cole's Homophobic Slur...

Kata Ha Jime

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
either that or he's like possibly homophobic or considers those slurs the norm, not saying he is; but we don't know him for shit do we.

ask AJ Styles.

The gay community???

WWE responded by stating that they alerted GLAAD to Cole's post and addressed the situation with him. "Michael will be included in the training session being done by GLAAD," WWE officials noted as part of their statement.

Credit: prowrestlingnet.com

How daft is that from Cole to say that, less than a couple of weeks after Cena got hung up to dry for (what could be interpreted as) homophobic statements.

He broke character on his twitter when he apologized anyway, Apparently the comment was an in-joke with Josh, wonder what the joke is.

That Josh is gay?

If Cole said this on air, I'd have no problems with it, as he's a heel and heels are meant to be dicks. Doing it out of the blue on Twitter is a bit dumb though.

Never knew he was married to Rue DeBona, anyway, I can't see anything happening beyond Cole being bollocked a bit by Vince and doing this session with GLAAD so that it blows over

On a different note, the title of this thread sounds like a great name for a late 70's punk band

Despite this being a fairly low key story I am glaad that WWE are addressing the homophobic views which appear to permiate from the organisational structure of wrestling. People might think Cole's views are low level stuff but as a public figure he should consider his choice of words carefully.

I often believe some people do not understand, through ignorance, the impact use of language has on a group of people especially one as small as LGBT communities.

John cena made a mishap by using what some deem as homophobic language in his edgey promo against The Rock. Now, being the lead face of a company means you influence the audience - who currently are in their teens for a large part. If the biggest GOOD GUY in the company uses such language then impressionable children will see that as a role model and will possibly use that language themselves.

It baffles me how someone in such a position can make such a na

• Paid Members
Despite this being a fairly low key story I am glaad that WWE are addressing the homophobic views which appear to permiate from the organisational structure of wrestling. People might think Cole's views are low level stuff but as a public figure he should consider his choice of words carefully.

I often believe some people do not understand, through ignorance, the impact use of language has on a group of people especially one as small as LGBT communities.

John cena made a mishap by using what some deem as homophobic language in his edgey promo against The Rock. Now, being the lead face of a company means you influence the audience - who currently are in their teens for a large part. If the biggest GOOD GUY in the company uses such language then impressionable children will see that as a role model and will possibly use that language themselves.

It baffles me how someone in such a position can make such a na

Archived