Michael Cole's Homophobic Slur...

Kata Ha Jime

Firstly, and this doesn't excuse the use of the word but perhaps it was meant as a private message. Plenty of celebrities have posted messages publicly that were intended to be private.

Secondly, and it still doesn't excuse the use of the word, but I can't help but imagine Michael Cole shouting it over and over again at Josh Matthews as if on TV. Cole on TV has a habbit of repeating his insults and one liners, just a funny image in my mind.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Lets hope his punishment is that he can't announce Wrestlemania.

Lets not he is the best announcer in WWE at the moment by along way. His new heel persona he has become is just what WWE has needed for ages.

He doesnt even use his new persona while announcing the matches.. he always apologizes after the lawler-cole segments and contiunes his job and marking for Cena like nothing happend.

No he does not. :confused: When he goes off him makes some daft public apologies only to blame the reason he went too far on the King every time he also never marks for Cena at the moment.

What he did was just plain daft and he needs think before he tries to be funny encase he does this again and gets some serious punishment.

• Paid Members
I was at a party the other week and there was a gay there.

Is that some sort of novelty where you're from, yeah?

Afterwards Richie and his mates stuck a burning effigy of Gloria Gaynor on this guy's lawn.

'A gay'. Blimey.

My point was that he seemed to have a sensible attitude towards harmless banter, as I would expect a lot of gays would.

What I can't quite understand is the need for such 'banter' in the first place, be it harmless or not. I don't find myself at parties where we talk about heterosexuality in any context, so I wouldn't expect it to be any different if there were some 'non-straights' in attendance.

• Moderators
My point was that he seemed to have a sensible attitude towards harmless banter, as I would expect a lot of gays would.

What I can't quite understand is the need for such 'banter' in the first place, be it harmless or not. I don't find myself at parties where we talk about heterosexuality in any context, so I wouldn't expect it to be any different if there were some 'non-straights' in attendance.

Because if it's a social group that is generally unused to homosexuality it's better to just get it out there rather than tiptoe around it and not say anything if it's what is on people's minds.

Limited exposure to stuff and not being au fait with it as a result is pretty different from him being a big gay basher. Get off your high horses (not you particularly David - this is a general comment to some of the responses to Richie)

edit: you're right Gladstone - it does sound like he's coming from a position of ignorance. If it's ignorance and not hate/fear surely insulting and talking down to him is not particularly effective a way to deal with it?

I seriously wonder if this whole thing is some kind of big work to make Michael Cole look like more of a prick/heel.

I find it hard to picture him as the sort of person who would just send this himself becasue he thought it was funny.

All the barbs that Cole fires at people like Jim Ross on tv are basically Vinnie Mac with his hand up his backside telling him what to say and do and who to insult so shy should it be any different him using bullying language towards a co-worker on twitter?

Still the agreement they were supposed to have made with GLAAD is a touch hypocritcal and this kind of language isn't very "PG" either.

Archived