UKFF FIFA 11 PS3 League: Season One Thread

TUFCfan

Just played a couple of enjoyable 3 star team games against TUFC. I don't think I'd like to play with any less rated teams than that as some of the passing on display here was a little suspect at times and some of the finishing woeful but its to be expected I guess. It did make for two very close contests that could've gone either way. First game I was Swansea against TUFC's Bristol City? What teh fuck is it with all teh red boots at Swansea? Plus their keeper was immense and Scott Sinclair looks a handful. The second game I was Atalanta and TUFC was Siena. Again a good game but I think I actually preferred Swansea although the Italians' passing was much better.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man City 2 - 0 Napoli

After some early Napoli pressure, City scored their first in the 21st minute after a ball over the top from a counterattack put Dzeko through on goal. The Napoli 'keeper came out too far and Dzeko easily chipped him to score (don't know why I brought the 'keeper out so far, I thought to stop but I just froze and kept my finger on the triangle button). Napoli lost some of their confidence after this and Man City could have scored a couple more before half time. Man City made it two in the 63rd minute after a poor pass on the edge of the box lead to Dzeko sliding the ball in to the bottom corner. Napoli's game was summed up when in the 81st minute when a nice chipped ball over the top left Hamsik free to volley home but he fluffed his lines and hit a left footed volley over the bar. Both sides didn't play to their best but defensive mistakes cost Napoli dear. If I was Roma I'd want to play me this evening as they've got a good chance of getting a result with the way I'm playing tonight.

Man City goals: Dzeko (21', 63')

So if it went on league positions for the teams next season is it from bottom up? That's theonly fair way of doing an assignment if we're doing it that way. Ebb and Denzel are good players but they've had to endure the shits this season.

I like the idea of a random draw for teams. Did you say you'd worked out the best 3 star teams on the game? Any chance of a list so we could have a peek at some of the teams that may be involved TUFC?

Yeah, from the bottom up.

I edited the list down to twenty (I could re-edit if we have more entrants) so that I could get the overall difference down to three. Here are those teams:

A. Fiorianopolis

Atalanta (A. Bergamo)

Atlas

Chivas Guadalajara

Feyenoord

Gent

Hull City

Lens

NAC Breda

New York Red Bulls

Norwich City

Pachuca

Rayo Vallecano

Real Salt Lake

Roda JC

Salvador

Siena

Swansea City

Vitoria FC

So if it went on league positions for the teams next season is it from bottom up? That's theonly fair way of doing an assignment if we're doing it that way. Ebb and Denzel are good players but they've had to endure the shits this season.

I like the idea of a random draw for teams. Did you say you'd worked out the best 3 star teams on the game? Any chance of a list so we could have a peek at some of the teams that may be involved TUFC?

I edited the list down to twenty (I could re-edit if we have more entrants) so that I could get the overall difference down to three. Here are those teams:

A. Fiorianopolis

Atalanta (A. Bergamo)

Atlas

Chivas Guadalajara

Feyenoord

Gent

Hull City

Lens

NAC Breda

New York Red Bulls

Norwich City

Pachuca

Rayo Vallecano

Real Salt Lake

Roda JC

Salvador

Siena

Swansea City

Vitoria FC

Are there other 3 star teams in the game?

A. Fiorianopolis

Atalanta (A. Bergamo)

Atlas

Chivas Guadalajara

Feyenoord

Gent

Hull City

Lens

NAC Breda

New York Red Bulls

Norwich City

Pachuca

Rayo Vallecano

Real Salt Lake

Roda JC

Salvador

Siena

Swansea City

Vitoria FC

some good teams i'ed be happy with anyone on that list

If players are getting frustrated with the like of Roma and Dortmund i can only see it being worse with 2/3 star teams. Personally i think give the players who finished bottom first choice of team so they have better players to make a game of it. Who ever finishes top is last to choose.

A. Fiorianopolis

Atalanta (A. Bergamo)

Atlas

Chivas Guadalajara

Feyenoord

Gent

Hull City

Lens

NAC Breda

New York Red Bulls

Norwich City

Pachuca

Rayo Vallecano

Real Salt Lake

Roda JC

Salvador

Siena

Swansea City

Vitoria FC

Are there other 3 star teams in the game?

Yes, but that's the list when it's edited to make the teams available to us closer in abilty level. I'll try and edit it again to see if I can keep it close but keep in some of the more well known teams. It's best to edit it and keep it close as if we were to include all the 3 star teams we might as well just keep the teams we have now as it would be virtually the same difference between the best and the worst team as there is now (3 star, like all of the lower ones, seemingly has a very broad range of teams).

Just for comparison, here's the edited lists I came up with for if we did a two or four star league:

2 Star:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Albino Leffe

Chicago Fire

Chivas USA

Cittadella

Djurgardens IF

Erzgebirge Aue

FC Luzern

Grosseto

GyeongNam FC

Huddersfield

IFK Goteborg

Jag. Blalystok

KC Wizards

KV Kortrijk

Majlby AIF

Modena

Pescara

Piacenza

R.C. Recreativo

Sassuolo

Toronto FC

U.D. Salamanca

Vancouver Whitecaps

Willem II

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

4 Star:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Athletic Bilbao

Birmingham

Blackburn

Bolton

CSKA Moscow

FCGB (Bordeaux)

Fenerbahce

Fiorentina

Fulham

Genoa

Lazio

Newcastle

PSG

Sampdoria

Schalke 04

Sporting

Sunderland

Udinese

Werder Bremen

Wolfsburg

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

put me down for the 4 star teams. Are we splitting in to two divisions or staying as one?

Just to add my goals in the Barca game came from Aguero and Forlan x3

I think the split should happen as will give everyone something to play for. The four star teams do look quite interesting.

Archived