UKFF FIFA 11 PS3 League: Season One Thread

TUFCfan

Napoli 1 - 4 Real Madrid

An exciting end to end game which could have been closer in terms of the score. Napoli took the leader after eight minutes via a header by Ezequiel Lavezzi after determined work by Cavani on the edge of the box. Real equalised in the 21st minute when Adebayor headed home after an incisive Madrid counter attack. Both teams had chances with Adebayor and Lavezzi coming close to putting their sides in the lead. Real took the lead in the 37th minute after some neat play by Di Maria by the wing lead to him cutting the ball back for Kaka to score. In the second half Napoli almost equalised when Hamsik wasted a good chance when put clean through on goal and Adebayor almost scored for Madrid when his header hit the post. Kaka put Real three up in the 64th minute. Hamsik almost got Napoli back in to the match with a rasping shot which was tipped wide by Casillas. Napoli continued to try and get back in to the game but it was Kaka who put the game to bed in the 74th minute when he completed his hat trick when his initial shot was saved at close range by De Sanctis but the ball looped up in the air and Kaka pounced on the loose ball with a sort of scissor kick to put Real four-one up. A very enjoyable game overall, despite the scoreline of course.

Napoli goal: Lavezzi (8')

Real Madrid goals: Adebayor (21'), Kaka (37', 62', 74')

Also, didn't notice until during the game but there must have been a recent squad update as some of my squad must have returned to their parent clubs after real world loans.

Much agree. Very very enjoyable game and much closer that the scoreline suggests. Both sides attacked and threw caution to the wind defensively which made for a wide open end to end game. When Adebayor hit the post with his header it looked like he crashed straight into it himself the big dopey fucker! Still Kaka was on fire. Good game mate, Looking forward to the next time!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everton 1-2 Tottenham

(saha) (van der vaart 2)

Troubled by controller issues early on Everton found themselves 2 down inside 10 minutes thanks to a brace from Rafael Van Der Vaart, with the controller issues resolved Everton attacked well but were met by Gallas and Dawson in superb form, likewise Spurs who saw their attacks matched by a brick wall Everton back line, an exciting end to end encounter really came to life when Louis Saha smashed a daisy cutter with 10 minutes remaining as Spurs hacked the clearances away in a nervy end

Bonus match:

with thoughts of doing a league 1 tournament myself and pete had a friendly between 2 league 1 sides

Tranmere (rohpete) 0-6 Colchester (me)

a rare game where every shot,block and tackle seemed to fall my way,a couple of fortunate goals as well but interesting to play as the lesser starred teams

Going to be busy with work the tonight & tomorrow but I am free all day Saturday & Sunday so if the teams I need to play let me know when they're free, I'll ensure I am online.

Chelsea 1-0 Man Utd

Drogba 39'

Scrappy game to end Chelsea's campaign. A Drogba goal before half time sealed it as the Chelsea manager hopes for a Atletico Madrid slip up in their last game against Juventus. Alot of Chelsea's players hope for a playoff to decide the winner of the League.

Man Utd 0 - 2 Liverpool

Skrtel & Carroll

The unseasonal inclement weather at Salford continued for a second game in a row making Old Trafford look like an Arctic tundra as Liverpool scrapped to a 2-0 win. Chances were hard to come by in the snow, but Liverpool took their chances with aplomb with Skrtel scoring a glancing header from a first half corner. Liverpool's second goal was by a slaloming Andy Carroll who slotted home from 8 yards. Man Utd just could not convert their chances with Paul Scholes having the best of their opportunities who was unable to slot home a one on one. A deserved win for the Scousers.

Chelsea 1-0 Man Utd

Drogba

A scrappy win for the champions elect who overcome a tenacious United team. Chelsea were a dominant force only allowing United to have potshots from distance and the Blues had the better chances in the game. The only goal of the game came from Drogba who slotted into an empty net after a square pass from Fernando Torres.

league 1 teams sounds like it could be fun.

Whilst league 1 teams sounds fun, it would suffer the same problems as we're having now as the difference in quality between the best and worst sides in League 1 is 21 points (2.5 stars:1 star), and even cutting a few teams out would still leave us with a gap of about 14 points. Taking the game between Bushwacker and rohpete, despite being the same star rating as each other, Colchester are 10 points better than Tranmere.

I still think a 3 star league would be the best overall, though a two star league could also be an option if you want to play as those kind of teams.

Chelsea 1-0 Man Utd

Drogba 39'

Scrappy game to end Chelsea's campaign. A Drogba goal before half time sealed it as the Chelsea manager hopes for a Atletico Madrid slip up in their last game against Juventus. Alot of Chelsea's players hope for a playoff to decide the winner of the League.

If it does finish level at the top I've got no problem with the two teams contesting a playoff game as long as they both agree as whoever finishes top shouldn't feel forced to play a playoff match when they've finished top far and square, even if it's on head to head and/or goal difference, though obviously if they agree it's fine.

Juventus 0 - 6 Liverpool

(Carroll, Gerrard, Cole, Kuyt (3))

Wow. Absolutely pummelled by a far superior player. I was abysmal, and have to say Liverpool are the best side I've played in my 4 game Juventus reign so far. Carroll caused all sorts of problems, turned my defence inside out. A change to all out attack at half-time (2-0 down) was too early, never got a look in and a hat-trick from Kuyt in the last 15 minutes turned the game into a rout.

Had a look at the two stars teams as I had done with the three and four star ones and I think a 2 star league would definitely be fun. Managed to find a decent range of teams with only three points difference between them all.

Also, I'm about if Ebb/Roma wants to play this evening. Just leave a message on here or PM and I'll be on shortly after.

Had a look at the two stars teams as I had done with the three and four star ones and I think a 2 star league would definitely be fun. Managed to find a decent range of teams with only three points difference between them all.

Also, I'm about if Ebb/Roma wants to play this evening. Just leave a message on here or PM and I'll be on shortly after.

A 3 star or a 2 star league will be fun :)

When will a new sign up thread be started for that?

Archived