UKFF FIFA 11 PS3 League: Season One Thread

TUFCfan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Napoli 3 - 0 Roma

shit. I'll be honest this was by far the best ive played all league, 3-0 was a harsh result. Napoli's keeper had a blinder cause i played the best attacking football ive ever played, i tried to play a little less tense and it worked for me. I am getting better even if the results don't suggest so.

Can't wait for the new league!!

Roma 0 - 3 Napoli

Napoli were lucky to emerge victorious in what was virtually a game of three thirds. Roma were a bit tentative early on which allowed Napoli to have the better of the opening play. Napoli took the lead in the tenth minute when Paolo Cannavaro headed home a Lavezzi corner. Napoli created a couple of decent openings after that but Julio Sergio made some decent stops. In the last 15 minutes of the half Roma came alive. They had some good chances but De Sanctis made some decent saves. Roma should have equalised on the stroke of half time when the ball bobbled around the box and fell to Perotta who's shot was well saved by De Sanctis. Roma's momentum carried in to the first 15-20 minutes of the second half and De Sanctis made a string of excellent saves. In the 55th minute a headed clearance was volleyed towards goal by De Rossi but De Sanctis was able to make a great save to deny the Roma player. Just a couple minutes later De Sanctis was called in to action again when he made a great double save to again deny Roma an equaliser. It was Roma's attacking that proved their downfall though as a counterattack from Napoli resulted in a second goal. Though the initial attack was cleared by Roma, the ball made it's way to the right flank where Christian Maggio was able to get to the byline and cross the ball in to the box where Marek Hamsik bravely headed home from the six yard line despite being clattered moments later by Julio Cesar. Roma attacked from the kickoff but were hit on the counterattack by an excellent passing move by Napoli and when the ball eventually reached Edinson Cavani he unleashed a powerful low drive from almost 25 yards which beat Julio Cesar and found the bottom corner of the Roma goal. Two goals in fours minutes for Napoli effectively killed the game off and Napoli saw the game out in the last 25 minutes. Napoli did have more efforts on goal but the game could easily have been a draw and Roma should have at least scored a goal to cap off some excellent attacking play.

Napoli goals: Cannavaro (10'), Hamsik (61'), Cavani ('65)

As it's the last game for me this season, here's three highlights from the game, though unfortunately my third goal came just too late to make it on to the match highlights which is a shame as it was one of my best goals of the tournament.

Roma almost score an equaliser just before half time.

De Rossi's volley is saved by De Sanctis.

Hamsik heads home Napoli's second goal and then gets clattered by Julio Cesar.

I'm not going to be in the next one lads, so who ever finishes top of the bottom half of the table can take my place in the top half for the next one.

:(

Just to clarify by the way, the split for the next season will be based on the final league position this season, so Division 1 will roughly be the top half and Div 2 will roughly be the bottom half plus any newcomers.

I would like to declare an interest in the next season please

New entrants are always welcome. There should be a proper sign up thread within the next week once this season's pretty much over so make sure to look out for that.

I would like to declare an interest in the next season please

New entrants are always welcome. There should be a proper sign up thread within the next week once this season's pretty much over so make sure to look out for that.

Will do thanks mate

Just being selfish and all that but I go away for a few days next Sunday so is it possible to get the sign up thread up before that? Ta.

The 19th? I think the best time for the sign up thread will be after the weekend on Monday as most of the league games will hopefully have been played by then and we can start to sort out the second season whilst the final few games of the first are finished up.

By my reckoning, these are the games we have left to play:

Week 8 (Mon 6th June -> Sun 12th June)

Juventus v Barcelona

Liverpool v Arsenal

Man City v Dortmund

Tottenham v Bayern Munich

Arsenal v Aston Villa

Atletico Madrid v Juventus

Barcelona v Roma

Bayern Munich v Man City

Dortmund v Tottenham

Everton v Inter Milan

Week 7 remainders:

Tottenham v Arsenal

Bayern Munich v Roma

Week 6 remainders (last week for these):

Arsenal v Man City

By my reckoning, these are the games we have left to play:

Week 8 (Mon 6th June -> Sun 12th June)

Juventus v Barcelona

Liverpool v Arsenal

Man City v Dortmund

Tottenham v Bayern Munich

Arsenal v Aston Villa

Atletico Madrid v Juventus

Barcelona v Roma

Bayern Munich v Man City

Dortmund v Tottenham

Everton v Inter Milan

Week 7 remainders:

Tottenham v Arsenal

Bayern Munich v Roma

Week 6 remainders (last week for these):

Arsenal v Man City

cheers for that, i'm already missing playing so if anyone is up for a friendly just message me on here or PSN

Man City 0 0 Arsenal

Man City hit everything but the back of the net and as such can no longer win the league. Man City must have the record for the most clean sheets and the best defensive record in a 17 game season, however their manager will take no delight in that as they came to win the league and instead have drawn too many matches. The manager can expect his P45 on his desk in the morning after a long night of discussion with the board.

In all seriousness, Metallica played very well in defence and deserved a point.

Archived