UKFF FIFA 11 PS3 League: Season One Thread

TUFCfan

Couldn't we pick a league (e.g. League One teams) and let the person in last place have first pick, second from bottom pick second and so on? The better players should be able to win regardless of their team to an extent. I was getting a bit of practice in and managed to beat the same level 19 player online with all three of this seasons relegated Prem teams back-to-back-to-back against his Real Madrid.

It'd make it more interesting as I must admit I'm fed up of playing against the top teams online and two star/three star teams would make a nice change. I had a good game with Nicko online the other night both playing as teams we support (Blackburn & Norwich) and it was much more fun than having Dzeko or Silva in my case to rely on.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So if we're finishing this league up after one round of matches by my reckoning next week only has one game each so why don't we try to make this week a three match week?

Sounds about right.

Man Utd it is for me to finish off the double :)

Ok, let's make it a three game week then. These are the remaining games by my reckoning. I'm off out in a minute so can't play my games tonight, but will try and do a table update later to let everyone see how they're doing as we near the new end of the season.

Week 8 (Mon 6th June -> Sun 12th June)

Inter Milan v A.C. Milan

Juventus v Barcelona

Liverpool v Arsenal

Man City v Dortmund

Real Madrid v Bayern Munich

Roma v Napoli

Tottenham v Everton

Barcelona v Atletico Madrid

Man City v Napoli

Real Madrid v Roma

Tottenham v Bayern Munich

A.C. Milan v Liverpool

Arsenal v Aston Villa

Atletico Madrid v Juventus

Barcelona v Roma

Bayern Munich v Man City

Dortmund v Tottenham

Everton v Inter Milan

Man Utd v Chlesea

Napoli v Real Madrid

Week 7 remainders:

Tottenham v Arsenal

Bayern Munich v Roma

Man Utd v Liverpool

Week 6 remainders (last week for these):

Arsenal v Man City

Juventus v Liverpool

so whens best 4 liverpool

Don't know if his UKFF account has been activated yet, wmxxx will know. Messaging him on the PSN is probably the best way for now, his name is on the first post.

SO the penultimate round of fixtures were played last week and we had some very interesting scorelines. We also have a clear leader now in teh chase for the Golden Boot and with just a handful of games remaining the chase is certainly on. As I mentioned a couple of weeks back I'm gonna put this out there and see how much interest there is - I'm going to name a Manager of the Tournament and a Team of the tournament but I require a vote from each manager in the league to do so. If you can PM your choices and I'll stick em up here next week along with this weeks round ups. Make your decisions wisely, which manager do you think performed best with what he had this season? Is it the league winner? Or did somebody perform admirably with a medicore side? Which Manager really gave you a good game? In your opinion your toughest game? Did somebody exceed their expectations? Take all this into account and drop it into a PM to me and I'll tally up the votes and post the outcomes. If theres not much interest then obviously I'll declare Real Madrid and myself the winners of both awards! ;) Now on with the show....

WEEK 7 RESULTS :-

Aston Villa 2 v 2 Juventus Krasic, Matri

Agbonlahor

Downing

The first point for the new Juventus manager but it could've so easily have been three. Juve found themselves two up half way through the second but as the game wore on and Juve's defence began to tire Villa's spritely attckers came into their own. Once back on level terms Villa pushed hard for the winner and Juve were possibly fortunate not to lose in the end.

Chelsea 4 v 3 Barcelona Iniesta (2), Xavi

Malouda

Torres(2)

Drogba

The top of the table 6 pointer and these games usually promise so much and deliver very little but thankfully in the case of this game it delivered so much more! Quite probably game of the season between two equally skilled sides and it could've gone either way. It wasn't short on entertainment. Iniesta opened the scoring very early on for Barca and that kicked Chelsea into life as Drogba first hit the post from a freekick and then sent through Malouda to equalise. Half time came and went and the second half exploded into life when Drogba again hit the post and the ball fell to Pique who was felled in the box. From the resulting penalty Valdes made the save but it was only a matter of minutes before Torres put the ball past him. A short time later Drogba finally got his goal from a curled freekick and Chelsea should have been home and dry but some poor defending twice allowed Barcelona in. With the scores equal and destined for a share of the points Torres broke Barca hearts by scoring the winner with the last kick of the game. Beathtaking!

Inter Milan 0 v 1 Man Utd Berbatov

Treachorous conditions for this one saw the pitch covered in mounds of snow. As they have in the past United again complained of kits blending into the scenery only this time it was their opponents Inter Milan who they had a problem with as their white kits made it difficult to identify them against the weather. That didn't stop United nicking the win though and nick it they did in the 90th minute from the Bulgarian.

Atletico Madrid 3 v 1 Aston Villa Bent

Forlan (2)

Suarez

Diego Forlan continues to make a late surge for the Golden Boot Trophy just as his side continue to make a late surge to the very top of the league. They just had too much for Villa here. Forlan gave them the lead early on only for Villa to equalise straight after. It was a to and fro battle that went Madrid's way after a goal from Suarez and a second for Forlan.

Roma 0 v 2 Dortmund Riise(og), Kagawa

A little harsh on Roma this one but unfortunately the points ar won on goals scored. Dortmund bizrrely found themselves in front at half time despite not having a shot on goal until after the hour mark. A hooked clearance from Roma's Riise went into his own net. Roma came back strong and looked for a way through but couldn't find it. Dortmund found teh net a second time and then kept possession to claim all three points.

Man City 1 v 1 A.C. Milan Pato

Balotelli

The City boss feels he was fortunate for a share of the points in this one as Milan dominated proceedings. After the Milan boss understandably felt agrieved as he felt his side had dropped two important points.

Napoli 2 v 1 Bayern Munich Gomez

Maggio

Cavani

A difficult game for Bayern as they'll feel they maybe deserved a point from this one but unfortunately for them it comes down to goals scored of which Napoli did once more than Bayern. It was a close game that could've gone either way. At teh end of the game Bayern manager Bumclass Hero gave a hint that he may be contemplating retiring from the game. Bayern fans have enjoyed some good football under his guidance and we're up in arms at the thought of losing their beloved boss!

Real Madrid 3 v 1 Everton Bilyledintiov

kaka

Adebayor(2)

A battle between two sides at opposite ends of the financial scale but on the pitch they were both fairly evenly matched here. The game saw 4 goals all of which were scored via headers. Kaka was the first scorer and after some pressure Everton were level through Bily. In the second half Top scorer Adebayor nodded in twice to make the points safe for Real.

A.C. Milan 1 v 0 Tottenham

Cassano

A deserved win for a Milan side who over the course of the game threw over 30 crosses into the Spurs penalty area. It was a bit of a surprise it was only the solitary goal that won it. Spurs on the other hand only managed one shot in the whole 90 minutes but we're very unfortunate to see William Gallas sent off for an inocuous challenge,

Arsenal 1 v 2 Inter Milan Eto'o, Pazzini

Van Persie

Another London/Milan derby. Another win for a Milan side. Inter reverted to their 4-5-1 formation and it seems to have worked a treat. They were in front through Pazzini although Arsenal didn't take long to respond through their top scorer Van Persie. Arsenal then went looking for a second but try as they might they couldn't convert their chances. Inter could though and how they did. The ball fell to Eto'o on the edge of the area and he squeezed a drive through a host of Arsenal defenders into the roof of the net. Before this game their were rumours Inter boss El Nickos job was under pressure. For now he must have appeased his chairman.

Barcelona 0 v 3 Napoli Cavani (2), Maggio

The perfect example of what happens if you fail to take your chances. This was a bad week for Barca as they lost both their games but it could've been a different story at half time in this one if they'd taken their chances better. As it stood it was goaless at the break. It was Napoli who opened the scoring in the second half from a corner and not long after they doubled their lead. Barca pushed forward trying to find a way back and in doing so conceded a third after sending Valdes up for a corner, Napoli were able to steal the ball and break away for Cavani to slot home into an empty net. Chelsea's league? Possibly.

Liverpool 0 v 1 Atletico Madrid Forlan

A very tight and scrappy affair that was settled by the solitary goal. Athleticos top scorer Diego Forlan was the man with the plan as Athletico look odds on to finish amongst the top 5.

Dortmund 3 v 0 Real Madrid

Kagawa

Barrios

Gro

Archived