UKFF FIFA 11 PS3 League: Season One Thread

TUFCfan

Still need to play Man City and Roma. Any time tonight is fine with me :)

edit - ah, I got the win for the Roma game. That's fair, Ebb isn't the easiest person to arrange a game with...since he doesn't answer the "when do you want to play?" question lol.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Inter Milan 1-1 A.C. Milan

good game but i feel i dropped 2 more points when i could have taken all 3.

Eto'o for Inter and Ibrahimovic scored a cute chip for AC.

Aye, it was close but I think considering you had a men sent off and a glorious chance near the end there, you've every right to feel a bit hard done by. Lovely finish for your goal though, right on the stroke of half time. Pleased with the point, though I'm beginning to get a little fed up of this Inter team now. I'd love to play as Norwich instead!

Aye, it was close but I think considering you had a men sent off and a glorious chance near the end there, you've every right to feel a bit hard done by. Lovely finish for your goal though, right on the stroke of half time. Pleased with the point, though I'm beginning to get a little fed up of this Inter team now. I'd love to play as Norwich instead!

Always thought every one should of chose who they support like i did with everton, rather then the best rated teams. More pride winning as your team imo

yeah thats been my down fall i never put the game away and thats why i've now dropped 8 points.

Always thought every one should of chose who they support like i did with everton, rather then the best rated teams. More pride winning as your team imo

true

i'ed love next league we do we could all be 3 star teams

• Paid Members

Fair cop. Truthfully, I picked a team that I thought would realistically make a good go of the cup and then eventually the league. Bear in mind as Norwich, I'd be playing as a Championship side against some pretty tasty opposition. Finishing bottom didn't really appeal to me to be honest!

Fair cop. Truthfully, I picked a team that I thought would realistically make a good go of the cup and then eventually the league. Bear in mind as Norwich, I'd be playing as a Championship side against some pretty tasty opposition. Finishing bottom didn't really appeal to me to be honest!

same here would love to be wolves but also i'ed like to win.

Juventus 2 -2 Aston Villa

(Krasic 3, Matri 59) - (Agbonlahor 64, Downing, 69)

I should have saw it coming......after a friendly with Nicko to warm up for this clash with Tezz, I was 3-0 up and he nearly pulled it back to draw, but finished 3-2 and felt like mini-revenge after my league defeat to Inter.

A great start and a fairly dominant display saw a 2-0 lead against Villa with half an hour to play, but Tezz's quick counters and pacey strikers caused me all sorts of problems as he slowly got back into the game. Some shocking defending saw Villa score twice in 5 minutes to make it 2-2. In truth I was lucky to hold on in the end but disappointed after being 2 up. Nevertheless, first point for Juve under new management!

Man U 1 - 2 Juventus 2

(Vidic, 72) (Toni PEN, 19, Krasic, 82)

The 2-2 draw with Villa was immediately followed by my first win. Really enjoyed this game, was fairly even early on with Rooney & Berbatov giving me the run around, but a quick Juventus break saw a very fortuitous penalty given by the picky ref. Luca Toni dusted himself off and slotted it into the right hand side of the net.

In the 2nd half United began piling on the pressure, and finally equalised after 72 mins. The ball fell loose form a corner on ther edge of the box, and the unlikeliest of heroes, Nemanja Vidic, controlled, neatly, turned into the box in acres of space and blasted the ball into the net past the floundering Buffon. There looked like only one winner from there but a break and through-ball from Toni found Krasic one on one with van der Sar who calming slotted the ball into the top right corner to claim 3 points for Juventus.

Aston Villa 2 - Man United 0

Gabby Agbonlahor 9, Darren Bent 15

At last - Victorb! A very back and forth game with Gabby getting on the score sheet again thanks to his pace and Bent slotted another goal home to give Villa 3 points in god knows how long. Man U weren't to be silenced though as Darren Fletcher, Paul Scholes and Wayne Rooney all took shots at Brad Freidel, who somehow kept Villa's win alive. Rooney had a goal disallowed around the 30 minute mark for being offside.

All very good games. Villa were lucky to come away with a point against A.C. Milan after being dominated for 90 mins, although Bent nearly stole a victory in extra time. The keeper rushed out to stop Bent who had picked up the ball at the right side edge of the box, and Bent curled it round him expertly, only to hit the bar. Cracking stuff though, and 5 points from 3 games, can't complain after the recent form :D

• Paid Members

Forgot to say before, but I'm actually going away to Portugal for a week from Tuesday, so in an ideal world any chance I could play my next opponents before the weekend? I could always wait till the week after if not, but when is this proposed split probably gunna happen?

Archived