TNA Constant gimmick finishes to matches

cokeorpepsi

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Compared to now? Anything is watchable.

Except of course my humble little video blog isn't being broadcast on Prime Time Spike TV.

And that its not a wrestling show.

Compared to now? Anything is watchable.

;)

• Paid Members
You have actually watched this weeks iMPACT right?

Yes I have. Its good some weeks. Its not very good some other weeks. But its not the end of the world when a wrestling show is crap and obviously I'm not alone in thinking its a decent show some weeks. If I think TNA is consistantly shit, I dont watch it and have said plenty of times I havent had the patience for it. Its the people who watch it enough to want to hang themselves over it thats hilarious. Apart from the last episode of Impact (which they had to rewrite, because their biggest star is no longer active), Impact has been really good since about January. Even Meltzer said this was the case and he's far from a TNA supporter. His exact words were since about 2009 "the TV is better, the PPV's are worse". Which is spot on. For me, you either say "I dont watch it because its shit" or "I watch it because I enjoy it". The people who watch it more than the actual fans of the show and slag it are ridiculous. Just turn it off if its so poor.

And when I said you were right earlier I was talking shite? You don't think these through do you?

That wasnt you saying I'm right. That was you spouting off a million words and then backing out of the whole thread because you were proved wrong. You never said I was right. You were proved to be wrong.

benoit1.jpg

Shame to see you turn into a troll

Because I disagree with what your saying and providing a argument that you dont agree with and cant put up a case against? Fair enough.

Looks like I am backing out of another thread lol . If I may ask, why have you put a child killer in your post?

Also , how is not saying anything, because all I had to say on the topic backing out? Is that like bringing up someones blog (which I admit is shitty quality) to prove a point by comparing it to the TV output of a multi million dollar company?

Or like saying someones an idiot for like British or Womens wrestling?

You know what, I'm gonna stop talking about "facts" at least opinions can't be disected by people who should surely have better things to do with their time than pull apart an argument from a student on an internet forum.

• Paid Members
Also , how is not saying anything, because all I had to say on the topic backing out? Is that like bringing up someones blog (which I admit is shitty quality) to prove a point by comparing it to the TV output of a multi million dollar company?

Your the one comparing it. You said "anything" was more watchable. Which is completely wrong. Viewership, licensing, merchandising, international distribution and financial backing from major networks prove that their arent many wrestling promotions worth watching compared to TNA. Because if their was, they would be on instead of them. People want star power and a fart on for two hours. What casual fan wants to watch wrestling for two hours? Not many obviously. Otherwise that big promotion in the North of America would be a pro wrestling company these days and not a "media conglomerate".

Or like saying someones an idiot for like British or Womens wrestling?

When did I say that? Not once. So thats irrelevent to the discussion. People can like what they like.

You know what, I'm gonna stop talking about "facts" at least opinions can't be disected by people who should surely have better things to do with their time than pull apart an argument from a student on an internet forum.

Well whats the point in their being an wrestling forum then? And whats the point in you posting if you cant take decent discussion on board? People have arguments and disagreements on here all the time. The UKFF isnt like a blog with no feedback to shit opinions. Its about discussion and fair play. Not "YOUR WRONG, HAVE YOU SEEN THE SHOW! LOLZ" type posts. And I'll stick by that unless you can prove me wrong.

benoit1.jpg

• Paid Members

TNA is a total joke. If they weren't so good at handling their money they'd have sank like a brick by now with the product they have. A few of the things just off the last PPV and episode of Impact -

Bubba Ray is being pushed as a main eventer. Bubba did shit as a mid/uppder mid card act in 2003 on Raw, we don't want to see him in No.1 contender matches in 2011.

The entire Sting/Jeff Hardy thing being allowed to happen

Abyss being nailed in the back and dropping the tv title belt ages ago, so now they've given the belt to one half of a tag team nobody gives a shit about and Abyss has came back the week after. Why?

The entire last PPV minus about 2 matches was awful from top to bottom. When the two best matches on the card have Shannon Moore and Matt Hardy in them, you know something is wrong.

Tommy Dreamer is getting PPV matches AND winning.

They had 9 minutes of wrestling on a 2 hour show and you could still fit 5 or 6 Sting/Jeff Hardy main events into it.

---

They have some class talent but nobody in TNA knows how to book a show. Everyone is just pushed as a character, even shittos like Orlando Jordan, but there's rarely a good match, or many of them. They send smackheads out into the main event of a PPV, well aware of the state he's in, and considering Wrestlemania is in 2 weeks and they're the company trying to be the alternative, they're doing a fucking good job of it if the alternate option is "total wank".

I know there's a few TNA defenders on here that will probably pick this post apart, but regardless of that my opinion is still the same. The day TNA goes under will be hilarious because they've been self destructing for years now.

For me, you either say "I dont watch it because its shit" or "I watch it because I enjoy it". The people who watch it more than the actual fans of the show and slag it are ridiculous. Just turn it off if its so poor.

Bang on. Whenever I watch an episode of TNA, it just doesn't interest me. There's the odd good bit, but the whole thing is too much of a mess for me, I can't get into it. I've seen a good episode now and again. There was one I loved last year, might have been the one where Jeff Hardy had just joined They, I thought it was brilliant. But the next week, I thought it was shit. So I just don't watch it regularly. No point in me watching it every week just to moan on here about how crap it is. I already did that with Smackdown for about eighteen months until it turned around at the start of the year.

Bubba Ray is being pushed as a main eventer. Bubba did shit as a mid/uppder mid card act in 2003 on Raw, we don't want to see him in No.1 contender matches in 2011.

Bubba is quality though, he really is. One of the best heels in wrestling currently. He's still decent in the ring and he is a brilliant promo. Really enjoyed his match with Devon at Genesis.

TNA's biggest problem is consistency. That's obvious. I still watch every week though because I think they have a great roster. I'm a mark for Sting, Jarrett, Angle, AJ, Steiner, Beer Money, MCMG, even down to guys like Eric Young, Robbie E and Crimson. Flair and Hogan are still tremendously entertaining too. I'm not into Hardy, RVD, Anderson, Bischoff and a few others as much, but the ratio of guys I enjoy watching to guys I don't is so strong I'll watch every week anyway.

• Moderators
TNA is a total joke. If they weren't so good at handling their money they'd have sank like a brick by now with the product they have. A few of the things just off the last PPV and episode of Impact -

Abyss being nailed in the back and dropping the tv title belt ages ago, so now they've given the belt to one half of a tag team nobody gives a shit about and Abyss has came back the week after. Why?

The entire last PPV minus about 2 matches was awful from top to bottom. When the two best matches on the card have Shannon Moore and Matt Hardy in them, you know something is wrong.

They had 9 minutes of wrestling on a 2 hour show and you could still fit 5 or 6 Sting/Jeff Hardy main events into it.

---

They have some class talent but nobody in TNA knows how to book a show. Everyone is just pushed as a character, even shittos like Orlando Jordan, but there's rarely a good match, or many of them. They send smackheads out into the main event of a PPV, well aware of the state he's in, and considering Wrestlemania is in 2 weeks and they're the company trying to be the alternative, they're doing a fucking good job of it if the alternate option is "total wank".

I know there's a few TNA defenders on here that will probably pick this post apart, but regardless of that my opinion is still the same. The day TNA goes under will be hilarious because they've been self destructing for years now.

That's a lazy arm you've put over that.

Bully Ray is a top gimmick, he plays it brilliantly, and he's more than hateable.

Sting/Jeff Hardy thing being allowed to happen? It was a PPV Main event. In my eyes they did a lot better trading Jeff out and jobbing him in a minute than pulling a bait and switch. And he's been sent home. They've handled it well.

That's because the TV Title is worthless. And your right for a change on that. It's fucking worthless, and they shouldn't have bothered.

Sometimes everything doesn't fit together. WWF/E have had several PPVs when there is only one or two decent match. In 1998/99 there was occasionally no good match at all. It Happens.

Tommy Dreamer and his shit singlet should fuck off.

Why will TNA going under be hilarious though? Are you so busy writing things for free and writing a blog no-one reads or comments on that you can only afford time to watch one company? I always thought you were a dick, but I never thought you were thick. But seeing as you'd seemingly love a monopoly I'm thinking again.

• Paid Members

A monopoly in wrestling would be shit, and any wrestling fan who isnt trying to be clever and above it all would admit that. There's stuff on WWE that a lot of fans dont like but you wont find what they do good anywhere else and there's nowhere you can see the positives TNA has anywhere else. AJ Styles is a constant pleasure to watch and for my money the best and most consistant wrestler in wrestling. Beer Money are tremendous and by far the best tag team on the planet. Velvet Sky has an arse on her that you can only find on those phone in channels at 2 in the morning. You wont see any of this on any other televised wrestling show.

• Paid Members

Yeah on the basis of his progress 8 years ago in a totally different company they should never give the guy a break, despite the fact he's been getting over great recently. Who's "we" you presumptuous tit?

• Paid Members

---

That's a lazy arm you've put over that.

Bully Ray is a top gimmick, he plays it brilliantly, and he's more than hateable.

Sting/Jeff Hardy thing being allowed to happen? It was a PPV Main event. In my eyes they did a lot better trading Jeff out and jobbing him in a minute than pulling a bait and switch. And he's been sent home. They've handled it well.

That's because the TV Title is worthless. And your right for a change on that. It's fucking worthless, and they shouldn't have bothered.

Sometimes everything doesn't fit together. WWF/E have had several PPVs when there is only one or two decent match. In 1998/99 there was occasionally no good match at all. It Happens.

Tommy Dreamer and his shit singlet should fuck off.

Why will TNA going under be hilarious though? Are you so busy writing things for free and writing a blog no-one reads or comments on that you can only afford time to watch one company? I always thought you were a dick, but I never thought you were thick. But seeing as you'd seemingly love a monopoly I'm thinking again.

Admittedly Bully Ray has managed to carve a character out for himself. Doesn't mean he should be in No.1 contenders matches though. Everyone has a character in TNA, and the Impact Zone chant for everyone and everything, so whether he comes across as hateable to them doesn't really matter.

I don't see how giving people who've paid money a 1 minute main event on PPV instead of replacing Jeff is handling it well at all, because it's not. They've done well sending him home, and giving everyone who sends a receipt in six months of TNA on Demand, but they shouldn't have to because it shouldn't have happened and could have been avoided. If news sites are anything to beleive (sometimes they're not) there's also talks of bringing Jeff Hardy back as a babyface, which sounds like bullshit but is something TNA would probably do.

The TV title shouldn't be worthless. Same as the US and Intercontinental in WWE. But even WWE wouldn't stick the US title on a total nobody.

You're right, it does happen, but it happens nearly all the time in TNA. There's one or two good matches shrouded in absolute bollocks. They all usually end in DQs, count outs, draws, or some sort of interference too. Just look at Victory Road -

Bully Ray vs Tommy Dreamer ended with a run in from Devon and his kids

Knockouts Tag match ended with a clusterfuck and the longest rollup in the world

Hernandez vs Morgan ended with a run in AND fake blood

Van Dam vs Anderson was a double count out

Sting vs Jeff Hardy ended about 30 seconds after it started.

There shouldn't be that much shite on a PPV.

Wondered how long it would take before you needlessly got personal. For your information too, I get paid for some work, some I do for free to get experience. It's not my full time job, it's something I do on the side and hope to get into after gaining experience and improving over time. I have 3 entries in my blog, and havn't updated it in nearly 2 weeks so of course nobody is going to comment on it because there's fuck all to comment on, or they tell me on Facebook. It's something to do when I don't have other work on.

No matter what the subject, you can always count on you to be a total dickhead about it.

• Moderators

But do you feel a monopoly is good for wrestling? That's what I wish to eke out of you.

Wondered how long it would take before you needlessly got personal.

Well, obviously five people won't get in touch about you chatting about my mam and dog in paid again, eh?

Archived