30 Days of WRESTLING

Super Cena

Have to agree with Magnum, Heroes of World Class is a beautifully made documentary and very open and honest with everything. The stories are gripping and the clips and matches shown are brilliant too. I still can't believe what a nice guy Kevin is or at least appears with all the shit that's befallened him.

Also this:

zkm9_wwe_allied_powers.jpg

Might not have the best for matches but I love tag team wrestling and this DVD shows some very good matches.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine is a toss up between the Rise and Fall of ECW which people have already mentioned

WWE1170-front.jpg

The Ladder Match

I think almost every match on this DVD is worth watching with very few important omissions. Certainly a nessecary DVD for any fan.

Although my favourite DVD may change soon as this is coming out next week and it looks really good

WrestlingRoadDiaries.jpg

Christ, this took some deliberation.

Actually, it shouldnt have. I was thinking of loads of candidates in terms of matches and length / quality of documentary / interview, but realized I had forgotten completely about my clear winner.

Four%20Horsemen%20DVD%20Cover%201-medium.jpg

Of all the 2 disk sets I've seen above ranks up there with the best of 'em if only for Arn's kayfabe. Also, showed me what a cool fucker Tully Blanchard was in his day too.

p420442reg.jpg

Remember the magic feeling of getting this. Had seen pictures of the cover and thought it looked the shiz. Includes a review of all Foley's characters (Mankind's brilliant sit-down interview with JR/Cactus Jack's return vs Triple H/Dude Love's debut vs Owen and Davey Boy) his friendship and match with Terry Funk and the infamous HIAC match with 'Taker. Providing the links is just Mick hanging out in the nosebleeds with the Hardy Boyz (before thery were cool)

510BAOxxJWL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Some absolute gems on here. Getting his face literally punched in off Vader shows how much of a monster Vader could be with the office behind him. A quality dust up with the Nasty Boys and various other matches showing how good Foley was before injuries ravaged his body and what he can do when motivated.

DVD-Gorefest06.jpg

One of my more recent DVDs. Some great banter with the crowd who stand within touching distance of the apron drinking beer. Sam Slam, Pac, Spitfire, McIntyre, Iceman (even Ian Rotten) impress on this. Love it!!

• Paid Members

For it would probably be my copy of The Rise and Fall of ECW. Aside from the fact that it's a tremendous documentary, backed up with some brilliant matches, I also have my copy signed by a bunch of ECW originals including Tommy Dreamer, Sabu, The Sandman, Raven, Al Snow, The Blue Meanie, Rhino, Too Cold Scorpio, Jerry Lynn, Lance Storm, and Tracy Smothers. It looks pretty sweet.

Christ, this took some deliberation.

Actually, it shouldnt have. I was thinking of loads of candidates in terms of matches and length / quality of documentary / interview, but realized I had forgotten completely about my clear winner.

Four%20Horsemen%20DVD%20Cover%201-medium.jpg

Can't fault you on that choice, I absolutely loved this.

1. video game would be warzone for the ps1 favourite memorys being beating my brother and a friend in hard core triple threat matches by basically leaving them to fight each other and i would pop in every now and again to twat them with weapons and pick up cheap wins

dickish i know but it pissed them off which was the goal really.

2 DVD would have to be MACHO MADNESS the randy savage ultimate collection so good that even matt striker and maria dont ruin it (much)

great memories with great matches and a load of awesome promos that u immediately try and do an impression of

my impressions are probably terrible but its great fun

Bret_Hart_DVD.jpg

So hard to choose just one, but this is the one I watch more than once a year. Fantastic documentary, even better match selection too. Bret is also my favourite wrestler of all time so that may have swayed my vote slightly, but it's still just a brilliant dvd set.

My first game for a console was the incredible warzone on PS1. The career mode was ace and the grudge match vids were cool

WarZone was my first game aswell and that challenge mode was awesome.Fond memories of that random girl in the limo,who for some reason I thought was Sunny....Ahh the good old days!

As far as DVD's go,it's gotta be The Rise+Fall of ECW.A facinating watch that coverrs pretty much everyhting in the company's history.Entertaining and touching...a must have

• Paid Members

Really hard choice. The first Flair set is two match changes away from perfection (Clash 1 Sting rather than the match they have on, plus squeeze the Vader Starrcade match on). WrestleMania XX is arguably the best all round set in terms of event + extras (as well as all the stuff mentioned before, there's the trivia quiz.)

But I'm going to have to plump for the Rise and Fall of ECW simply because every time you see a new WWE documentary, you're reminded just how good the ECW one was.

If nothing else came out of Vince buying WCW, we got some f*cking great DVDs.

Totally agree.

Reading this makes me realise how many of these I haven't seen. :( Some I haven't got (I know they will be around online but it isn't the same), others are ones I have got but have never gotten around to watching.

From those I have seen it is The Rise & Fall of ECW for me. Was going to explain why until I remembered I already wrote about it on another forum a few years back:

The Rise & Fall of ECW (2004) Disc 1

Archived