30 Days of WRESTLING

Super Cena

• Paid Members

WWF_Smackdown_Pal.jpg

This was boss at the time. Not a bad roster, fun pre-season mode for your created wrestler and one of the first games where you could go into the different backstage areas on the move. You could create your own PPV's and put titles on the line in exhibition mode too, something I always dig. Create a wrestler was ok, though you couldn't mould the faces and physiques like you could in the second game. Fun was the order of the day here anyway.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reznor, from what I do remember of the game it wasn't too shabby actually. Like I said, I only played on it for about a week so I only have a vague recollection of it but I definitely enjoyed playing it. I had the biggest blister on my thumb thanks to all the button mashing; now was that due to it being one of those types of games that needed you to press a million buttons per second, or was it because I couldn't work a wrestling match back then? Probably the latter!

WCW Nitro for PC - the one that came out in 1998 or 1999 and was actually a port of Thunder I believe, not the Nitro that was on PS1 a few years before. The best thing about the game was the rants, which are just brilliant -

• Paid Members

I just noticed that it's first not favorite...

Mine was WWF Challenge or Wrestlefest (I think it was called) from the arcades back in the 80/90's. Anyway here's the screenshot if anyone has a better memory than I.

I was unbeatable with The Ultimate Warrior & Jake 'The Snake' Roberts combo.

wrestlefest.jpg

• Paid Members

Mine was WWF Challenge or Wrestlefest (I think it was called) from the arcades back in the 80/90's. Anyway here's the screenshot if anyone has a better memory than I.

wrestlefest.jpg

As a kid, I don't think I ever walked past 1 of those Wrestlefest arcade games and not have a go.

It looked amazing, and it played amazing.

My parents hated it of course, cuz they knew I'd be begging them for money to feed it!

EDIT - sorry to jump the gun, I got all excited after seeing the screenshot. :)

I remember a hand held WCW game with Sting and Arn Anderson on the front... It was really bad, I remember being disappointed in the game play even back then. My first game for a console was Super Wrestlemania for SNES.

EDIT: Found a pic...

game01g.jpg

I've still got this - I'd forgotten all about it until last week when I was having a clearout at my dad's house. Needs a new battery but if it works then it's quite possibly going to end up on eBay!

wrestlefest.jpg

Can I have your attention, please?

Favourite is on Day 17.

I had to give TripleA a warning in the off-topic thread for jumping the gun by a few hours, so I've got no choice to bring it to your attention that you must make sure that you read and re-read the Question of the Day until you know exactly what it is you are answering.

Sorry Plissken, but rules are rules and must be adhered to.

:laugh:

WWF Wrestlefest at the Arcade, summer of 91 :love:

Just a brilliant game and still great fun to play today aswell, I, like others on here used to nag my mum and nan for more money every time we went anywhere near an arcade, just to get one more go at this legendary game.

First one I owned on console:

Steelcagechallengesega.jpg

It was different to my other Master System games in the fact that it had a white cartridge instead of a red one. It wasn't very good but at the time I thought it was. The menu music still gets randomly stuck in my head to this day. IRS typewriter music was fantastic too.

WWF Royal Rumble for the SNES.

Randy Savage looks more like Jake Roberts.

Same one for me. I remember thinking those finishers were the best thing in the world at the time after the first SNES wrestling game where every character had the exact same moveset. I was also pleased as punch to find that if you paused on a wrestler's profile on the character select screen, his theme music would start to play (this was obviously in the days before you could get wrestler's themes on CDs or napster).

• Paid Members
The first game I remeber playing was WWF Raw I believe (either that or the other similar one) on the Megadrive. I didnt like or know wrestling then but remeber it being a fun game my mate owned.

First on I bought was WWF Warzone on playstation. It took me a long time to like this game, mainly because I bought it as a used game in 2000 and by that time most of the wrestlers had gone and as I only started my love for wrestling in 2000 I didnt know who the people were (now I realsie it had a great little roster). But in 2000 it looked something like this to me

Bret Hart - Gone to WCW and Retired

Shawn Michaels - Retired

Mankind/Cactus Jack/Dude Love- Retired but still prominent

Golddust - Gone to WCW (Btw I didnt watch WCW)

Ahmed Johnson - Gone to WCW and sucked

Ken SHamrock- Gone

The Headbangers- Not prominent on TV

Bulldog - Again not prominent on TV

Owen Hart - Sadly Passed on but at the time just some unknown

Undertaker - Had gone to american badass but I knew who he was

The Rock - Was a heel which i found weired

HHH - Nothing like the game as this was DX Time

After a while I go the hang of the game and later on enjoyed it as a more technical game to play as alternative to Smackdown 2

Which was the first game I loved.

Up to date, huge roster. Good for the time season mode, could win and wear all the belts, loads of stipulation matches, a cage match with ropes in the ring and so much more

I played WWF WarZone around a friends just as I was getting into wrestling (and before I came to own any wrestling games myself) but remember being puzzled as to why Sting wasn't on the roster. I hadn't quite worked out that there were different, competing federations and that each one had different rosters. I thought there was wrestling, and wrestlers.

Wwf_Smackdown_2_Pal.jpg

WWF Smackdown! 2: Know Your Role - Playstation

I loved this game at the time, and I still do today. It brings back so many good memories just listening to the music that was on the game, it's mad how much time I spent skipping through season mode just to unlock all of the characters as well.

The 1st wrestling game I actually bought was WWF Warzone for the N64

199350_86449_front.jpg

wwf_warzone_image4.jpg

Before that though I always just used to rent out most of my games from the local video shop for my Megadrive & Snes. I remember when I 1st got Warzone I thought it was the best thing ever, me and one of my mates used to waste hours on the thing.

A few years later I got my hands on a Dreamcast for free with a bunch of games and this was among them and dear god it was terrible, the combo button presses for moves was so infuriating. I loved it at the time though and I must of just got used to the better controls on the THQ games like WCW/NWO Revenge etc.

Heres video of all the finishers on Warzone

Shame they used the exact same controls and everything else on the ECW games as well, that ruined those :(

WrestleMania Challenge for the NES. I loved it, but why the fuck did Andre fall out of the ring so often when he couldn't get back in it?

WWF_Wrestlemania_Challenge_NES_ScreenShot1.jpg

WWF_Wrestlemania_Challenge_NES_ScreenShot3.gif

This was the first wrestling game I played. Boss Man was right hard and, yeah, Andre was fucked once he'd gone over the top rope!

First game I 'owned' was either Extreme Wrestling Warfare or Here Comes the Pain.

Archived