30 Days of WRESTLING

Super Cena

• Paid Members
WWF Royal Rumble for the SNES.

Which game was it where your whole body could end up covered in blood? Attitude?

I believe so. I was so massively disappointed by that game. I'd built up the career mode so much in my head after reading previews that it there's no way it could deliver. Plus in the time between Warzone and Attitude I'd been playing my mates WCW/NWO Revenge, which was much better than either, so when I finally got it the gameplay felt rank.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Yeah, Warzone and Attitude were abysmal games compared to WCW/NWO series

I got Warzone on release day when I bought an N64, I thought it was great at the time, until I got hold of WCW/NWO...

I did spunk a little when I figure out how to get HBK in DX attire in Warzone though. That was a great moment.

I remember a hand held WCW game with Sting and Arn Anderson on the front... It was really bad, I remember being disappointed in the game play even back then. My first game for a console was Super Wrestlemania for SNES.

EDIT: Found a pic...

game01g.jpg

I had this game to and I think I still have it but the battery has run out. Thought it was odd to have sting and arn in the game.

My first game for a console was the incredible warzone on PS1. The career mode was ace and the grudge match vids were cool

The first Smackdown game. A mate bought it as soon as it came out and I wasn't into wrestling at the time but had a go, really enjoyed it, started watching it on TV and the rest is history. Now, he has no interest in it and I still watch RAW and Smackdown every week. It's funny how things work.

The first Smackdown game. A mate bought it as soon as it came out and I wasn't into wrestling at the time but had a go, really enjoyed it, started watching it on TV and the rest is history. Now, he has no interest in it and I still watch RAW and Smackdown every week. It's funny how things work.

I'm surprised at just how many of us in here owe it to the first couple of Smackdown games for getting us into wrestling in the first place.

Had I not had Smackdown 2 when I did, it's interesting to think whether I'd have still gained such an interest in the WWF. Like you say, it is funny how things work.

First one I owned was WWF SmackDown! Just Bring It, but the first one I'd ever played was WWF SmackDown! 2: Know Your Role on the PS1. Cracking game, that. You could defend titles in exhibition mode, create a PPV, create your own wrestler to a ridiculous degree and do a two-player season mode which never ended, unlike the ever-shitty Story mode in JBI. I'll never forget finishing Story mode for the first time and going 'Hmm, it isn't continuing for some reason', before eventually realising that it was because there literally wasn't any more to do. Cack, and a complete epitome of 'first game on a new console' syndrome: i.e. plenty of impressive graphical power but little to no content. Still had a laugh with it, mind.

First one I owned was WWF SmackDown! Just Bring It, but the first one I'd ever played was WWF SmackDown! 2: Know Your Role on the PS1. Cracking game, that. You could defend titles in exhibition mode, create a PPV, create your own wrestler to a ridiculous degree and do a two-player season mode which never ended, unlike the ever-shitty Story mode in JBI. I'll never forget finishing Story mode for the first time and going 'Hmm, it isn't continuing for some reason', before eventually realising that it was because there literally wasn't any more to do. Cack, and a complete epitome of 'first game on a new console' syndrome: i.e. plenty of impressive graphical power but little to no content. Still had a laugh with it, mind.

I was a little bit disappointed with Just Bring It, if I'm honest. Like you say, it suffered from being the first game of its series on the new console and was all glitz and little substance.

I was still riding the coattails of the buzz from Smackdown 2 and was therefore hyped to the rafters upon hearing about JBI coming out. I think it's safe to say that I've never been as hyped for a game coming out as I was whilst waiting for Just Bring It to be released. I'm not saying it was a bad game, it just didn't live up to the high expectations I had of it.

• Paid Members

I'm not 100% sure of the order I got them, so some candidates are the WrestleMania LCD handheld game, the PC version of Tag Team Wrestling (in colour, so take that Speccy users), and WrestleMania on the PC.

However, I think the first was Takedown on the PC:

TakedownC64Front.jpg

TakedownC64Rear.jpg

It has EIGHT characters and even has simulated speech. I TAKE YOU TO PIE-CES! I AM IRON-HEAD!

• Paid Members
WrestleMania Challenge for the NES. I loved it, but why the fuck did Andre fall out of the ring so often when he couldn't get back in it?

WWF_Wrestlemania_Challenge_NES_ScreenShot1.jpg

WWF_Wrestlemania_Challenge_NES_ScreenShot3.gif

Had this on the NES too. I was young at the time and the NES was actually my brothers. Was never very good at Challenge but it was certainly fun

I remember a hand held WCW game with Sting and Arn Anderson on the front... It was really bad, I remember being disappointed in the game play even back then. My first game for a console was Super Wrestlemania for SNES.

EDIT: Found a pic...

game01g.jpg

Had completely forgotten about this until it was posted here, add me to the list of people who had this

250px-WWF_WrestleMania_(Amiga)_-_Front_Cover.jpg

:thumbsup:

Oh my god, I had forgotten all about this too. Add it to the list of games I was never too good at, I don't think I ever completed it :(

The first SmackDown game I remember from my brothers PS1 and then I think by the time of SmackDown 2 being out I had my own PS1

Archived