Impact Wrestling Discussion **UK SPOILERS**

iamtheman

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You think TNA genuinely don't care about the most conclusive gauge of how many people are willing to pay for your product based on your month's previous output? ...seriously?

Hopefully they will drop the number of PPV's per year, they only need a handful really

Lockdown

Bound For Glory

Slammiversary

This would give TNA a really good effort to build up some feuds and have it big TNA blowout instead of shitting out a god awful PPV month after month, but this is TNA they seem to do the opposite of whats needed.

You think TNA genuinely don't care about the most conclusive gauge of how many people are willing to pay for your product based on your month's previous output? ...seriously?

Nope. It's never going to be their main revenue stream. It's a side order if anything. So who cares? They need to worry about building that brand up first, same as they've always had to worry about. PPV proves jack shit at this stage.

Edit: Well, actually that's not true. It does prove what they already know.

Whats has just got on my nerves with TNA is this Before The Bell program for Lockdown with Bobby Roo and James Storm.

Its a good show but they repeated themselves so many times in that 30 minute show. Would it of hurt to preview some other matches (I don't know if any have been announced yet).

Basically use the UFC Primetime show format. They could then focus more time on the iMPACT show towards actual wrestling.

TNA's roster feels a bit small at the moment, I just feel I'm seeing the same guys week after week. Who is [blank]'s surprise tag team partner going to be? Well, it'll be Hardy or Anderson by default, as they're the only people not currently advertised to wrestle so far.

This is particularly true in the X Division, which has consisted of Aries and Zema Ion alone for about 2 months now. I was so glad to see Kid Kash this week, I was even glad to see Neame or whatever his name is. With Aries established,why not bring in Senshi, Jay Lethal, or Doug Williams. Go a bit further back and bring back Petey Williams or someone. The last lot of "new" names have been pretty antiseptic, let's be honest.

I'm sure they say they don't mind while they build their brand but to have half the number of buys as last year is not a good indication of progress and embarassing for them(ROH do better numbers)The main problem for me is the impact zone. No matter what happens in the ring or what stars the have it doesn't feel special compared to TV and consequently why would anyone pay?.

I'm sure they say they don't mind while they build their brand but to have half the number of buys as last year is not a good indication of progress and embarassing for them(ROH do better numbers)The main problem for me is the impact zone. No matter what happens in the ring or what stars the have it doesn't feel special compared to TV and consequently why would anyone pay?.

I was watching that god awful soccer game between Barnsley and West Ham, now I know where TNA get there fans from.

The TV show is really good at the moment. I've loved the packages they've shown for Roode and Storm the last two weeks showing lots of old archive footage from when they started out in TNA. Reminded a lot of the last really great buildup they did for Lockdown '08(?) with Angle and Joe. I'm utterly convinced that that main event will be outstanding.

But yeah the PPV numbers have never been an issue. The just getting resigned to Spike for another 2 years is the priority. From the clip of the Matt Morgan commercial they showed Crimson watching backstage the other week i'd imagine Direct Line Insurance is pumping a bucket load of money into being their main sponsor. That '6 Hour Energy' Drink, not so much. They need another fair size sponsor i'd say to put any doubt of financial instability behind them.

Regarding that 7,000 buyrate, how do you know last year's Victory Road beat it? As far as I know TNA have been getting approximately 8,000 per PPV since about 2010, 14,000 seems quite a lot for their average.

I haven't been watching much TNA recently, but I will whole-heartedly agree that they need to fuck off out of the Impact Zone. I'm looking forward to seeing Lockdown, even though I haven't watched Impact in a while I know it'll be a good show even just for the main event.

Regarding that 7,000 buyrate, how do you know last year's Victory Road beat it? As far as I know TNA have been getting approximately 8,000 per PPV since about 2010, 14,000 seems quite a lot for their average.

Yeah, I've been seeing "under 10,000" as the normal for TNA PPV's for at least a year now, probably longer. If last years show did 14,000 then it's the anomaly, not this years.

The Aires/Daniels match, ODB and Eric Young's marriage and the final segment with Roode and Storm were all world class. Super episode of Impact this week.

"It took ten years to build a company, five years to forge a friendship and one beer bottle to break it. On Sunday, the bullshit will end." Epic.

Yeah, I've been seeing "under 10,000" as the normal for TNA PPV's for at least a year now, probably longer. If last years show did 14,000 then it's the anomaly, not this years.

Daaamn. I mean, when you consider that they once got 60,000 buys for Joe/Angle, that's an extraordinary collapse of their PPV business. Ironically (or perhaps not), the better they've done on Spike, the worse the PPV buys have got.

The Aires/Daniels match, ODB and Eric Young's marriage and the final segment with Roode and Storm were all world class. Super episode of Impact this week.

"It took ten years to build a company, five years to forge a friendship and one beer bottle to break it. On Sunday, the bullshit will end." Epic.

Just saw it last night, and have to agree. Great intensity from Storm and Roode without quite coming to blows. That's how I like to see a grudge match built.

On another note, Garrett Bischoff is such a fucking wanker. Bearing in mind the stipulation going into the Lethal Lockdown match, who the hell would prefer to see him stinking up Impact than his dad doing his thing?

Archived