Impact Wrestling Discussion **UK SPOILERS**

iamtheman

Well watched my first full impact show last night instead of the highlights. I thought when Russo left the promos would end and we'd go back to more wrestling, guess not. It was unbearable to watch, for kurt angle to say his kid Cody I think it was wears make-up.

I'm guessing tNA have split up LAX/Mexican America.

Still can't stand EY he was more respectable and stood out a lot more when he was the leader of The World Elite.

My main worry is why hasnt A Double been snapped up by WWE

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well watched my first full impact show last night instead of the highlights. I thought when Russo left the promos would end and we'd go back to more wrestling, guess not. It was unbearable to watch, for kurt angle to say his kid Cody I think it was wears make-up.

I'm guessing tNA have split up LAX/Mexican America.

Still can't stand EY he was more respectable and stood out a lot more when he was the leader of The World Elite.

My main worry is why hasnt A Double been snapped up by WWE

Because I imagine AA knows he'd be fighting Hornswoggle on NXT every week. Come on, he's better off in TNA.

Austin Aries auditioned for Tough Enough and wasnt deemed good enough to do that. WWE has never had any interest in him.

To be fair, I would imagine he was deemed too good for Tough Enough, he would have been so far ahead of everyone else on the show it would have been stupid.

Austin Aries auditioned for Tough Enough and wasnt deemed good enough to do that. WWE has never had any interest in him.

Yeah, I'm not sure how much I believe the 'not good enough' thing. My gut tells me he was maybe a bit too pro wrestling for what they were trying to launch as a reality TV show, whereas someone bland as fuck like 'M-Dogg' Matt Cross seems a bit more 'real'.

TNA is perfect for him. They have a history of pushing smaller wrestlers, indeed a whole division devoted to it, and because it's not a land of giants he can hang with main eventers. He's clearly loving this run, and will have more success then he'd ever have had in WWE.

He should be grateful they didn't pick him.

Speaking of Aries, and sorry if this should possibly go in the questions forum, but on last weeks impact (Watched last night) they had a video with him and shelly in set to Get Cape Wear Cape Flys new (i think) song. It was in black and white with them preparing backstage in a rocky balboa type way then they went through basic holds and headlocks in a ring which looked like your standard indy affair not a TNA ring but in an arena (expect it was shot using the ring on the UK tour in manchester or notts).

Was this a TNA Promo or a Music Video for the band?

• Paid Members

I can confirm it was a band video (My friend was involved in the shoot).

It was shot in the TNA ring that was used on the tour in I believe Manchester (could have been nottingham, but sure he said it was the Manchester date)

• Paid Members

TNA is doing the strangest storyline I've ever seen. They have brought Abyss' brother into it. A bloke called Joe Park:

IMG_0089.jpg

Joe Park is played by Chris Park who plays Abyss. Its the maddest shit ever. Is definitely an improvement over Abyss. He's a soft spoken, well dressed bloke as Joe Parks. But I've no idea where they are going with it. No Abyss is, good, though. And he's like Penn Jillette.

Check it out:

That's fantastic, that's genuinely brilliant. Im sure it'll turn out that it's Abyss with a split personality. Boy, does he ever look fat nowadays though.

I liked the Joseph Parks bits and The Two Robbies (w/pink cardigans) Vs. Morgan/Crimson match, but holy Christ was this show crap. Hopefully this is just a blip, because Impact Wrestling's been superb for months now.

Also, I think Abyss/Joe Parks looks like the lovechild of Stephen Fry and Penn Jillette.

Archived