Create some tag teams with the WWE lot stuck in limbo

ShortOrderCook

• Paid Members

Ok so this thread has been done a bunch of times before. The Kofi thread made me think of how right now would be a decent time to try and form some tag teams with some of the hombres in WWE who have been doing nothing for ages or had any purpose. The tag scene is almost non-existent and there's a whole bunch of talented guys going to waste.

I'd love the tag scene to be rejuvenated with some thrown together combos developing into proper tag teams and i've always liked this game anyway.

So what tag teams would you put together out of all the guys currently stuck in WWE limbo and why? If you wanna mull up some tag team names and gimmicks and shiz too then knock yourself out.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Chris Masters and Goldust. Why?, because Chris Masters needs more tv time, so does Goldust, and putting them together would instantly create the best tag team in WWE today!. The name possibilities are fantastic too, anyone who says they wouldn't buy a t-shirt with "MASTERDUST" or "GOLDPIECE" printed on it doesn't deserve to watch wrestling.

Edit. Is Lucky Cannon still there?, How about Primo?. "Lucky Colon" = money.

All the black wrestlers in a new Nation of Domination.

In reality, though:

Khali and Hornswoggle as a novelty team that pops up now and again, the ultimate "big man and little man" team (although that's a rip off of LAX).

Goldust and William Regal as an odd couple with masses of comic potential.

Chris Masters and Ted DiBiase. I've got no idea what the gimmick/premise would be, but they're two that I think are too good to be sacked but least likely to ever get an interesting storyline again as singles. They'd just end up like Zack Ryder and Primo, though.

• Paid Members

Zack Ryder and Tyson Kidd could pair up. I'd like to see them do a gimmick where Zack Ryder is trying to find him a personality, so he takes him out and dresses the boring bastard up in the whackiest clothes and tries to get him to open up a bit, but with no luck. Just basically make Tyson Kid's lack of personality and charisma a gimmick in itself. I think that would get over. It would be like when Nash was doing the Paparazzi gimmick and his sheer hilarity made the boring fuckers in the X Division look interesting.

• Paid Members
Zack Ryder and Tyson Kidd could pair up. I'd like to see them do a gimmick where Zack Ryder is trying to find him a personality, so he takes him out and dresses the boring bastard up in the whackiest clothes and tries to get him to open up a bit, but with no luck. Just basically make Tyson Kid's lack of personality and charisma a gimmick in itself. I think that would get over. It would be like when Nash was doing the Paparazzi gimmick and his sheer hilarity made the boring fuckers in the X Division look interesting.

So a modern day Head Cheese?

• Paid Members
So a modern day Head Cheese?

Thats it. I was trying to think where I'd seen it before and the Paparazzi thing was the only thing popping up. I dont know why they dont do the boring cunt/funny bloke storyline more often. They sort of did it with Lance Storm and Goldust as well, but it didnt last very long.

I'm getting images of Kanyon and Raven shopping right now though that was all about Raven being a rich bastard, one of my fav skits in wrestling.

Back on topic and i think Big Zeke could really do with a tag partner of a similar size to do the whole monster team deal and give them a gimmick like the Road Warriors had

• Paid Members

I'm getting images of Kanyon and Raven shopping right now though that was all about Raven being a rich bastard, one of my fav skits in wrestling.

Back on topic and i think Big Zeke could really do with a tag partner of a similar size to do the whole monster team deal and give them a gimmick like the Road Warriors had

Fuck yeah. I've thought similar and longed for a monster tag team like this for a while. I quite dug it when Kane and Big Show were just hammering the shit out of everyone about 5 years ago. This is the sort of thing i think they originally had planned for him and Kozlov though but they never really fit. I reckon maybe Tyler Reks could work in such a role. Maybe he's not 'monster' enough. But the big black dude and savage looking dude together in the same sort of get-up i think could look serious badass.

Failing that, that 'Barking Spiders' thread makes me long for Tomko and Giant Bernard to be back as a 'Power and Paint' style unit.

I'm going against my own purposes of starting the thread now but i'd love Nunzio and Stamboli to be brought back to boost a tag division too. Those guys were an awesome team together.

When Ziggler was stuck in limbo a year or so ago i was thinking of how he and Swagger together could have worked, as a Minnesota Stretching Crew style tandem together, emphasizing their Amateur backgrounds.

Bourne and Barretta would make for a neat modern day Rockers too.

Archived