Create some tag teams with the WWE lot stuck in limbo

ShortOrderCook

Or, they'd have done the same thing they've done with Gabriel/Slater and the Hart Dynasty, which is to create a really good team dynamic, establish a recognisable team that's slowly getting over as a unit, then split them up for no reason and do very little with either man individually.

Gabriel/Slater maybe, but Hart Dynasty weren't getting anywhere. They had the tag titles, an association with Bret Hart, wins over Big Show, Chris Jericho and The Miz, hit their finisher on Vince McMahon, and still nobody gave a third of a fuck about them.

It comes back to giving them all something to do. In the last year, WWE has had Santino/Kozlov, Usos, Hart Dynasty, various combinations of Nexus and Corre, Rhodes and McIntyre, and Ryder's had short-lived teams with Primo and Hawkins. R-Truth and Johnny Curtis were meant to have a tag title shot as well. There's enough there for a division. Yes it is a bit like a division of Kaientais and Lo Downs, but even so, it's something. But the Hart Dynasty were the only ones who ever really got anything other than random matches (though they got plenty of those as well), and they were too bland to do anything with what they did get.

I don't think a tag division needs links with established stars, at least not yet. It just needs to be built around some characters people care about, and needs to give us reasons to keep caring about those characters and start caring about others as well. Kofi and Bourne are a great start. Miz and R-Truth are allied now as well, and I don't think they should win the belts. I think they're both a bit above that, and should be used to give Air Boom a big win.

Then I think WWE needs to have a look at who they want to establish as singles stars in the next year or so and keep them out of the tag ranks. But there's a wealth of talent lower down the card that could be utilised as a tag team for a couple of years. Yoshi Tatsu and JTG, Ryder and Santino, Hawkins and Baretta, Heath Slater and Brodus Clay. They're all just random Superstars team-ups that mean fuck all, but WWE could change that. Ryder and Santino could be tremendously popular, as could any team with either one of them in. It just takes some effort on WWE's part to write stuff for them and give them some momentum so that in six months they could be doing a six-man tag with John Cena. I think Air Boom is a great launchpad for a revived tag division, because it's already conceivable they could team with Cena against Del Rio, Miz and Truth.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I reckon Kofi and Evan Bourne might be alright, both around the mid card so they might have a good run. Also if Sheamus goes to Smackdown, reckon he'll start up a team with Drew McIntyre?

Ted Dibiase needs Goldust, might liven the boring bastard up.

ha, good bump action as I'd forgotten I'd said that, rather happy about this. Proof indeed WWE goes to the UKFF for all its creative needs :p My other idea was terrible though.

Archived