Tna Impacts Shocking Return?

bono

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's not pandering to your wet dreams. He's getting the most money for doing the least... that's the definition of succes.

So TNA/Spike are paying him Million's are they? I doubt that very mich indeed. Your telling me Sting will make a fortune from Merchandise in TNA? Do they have access to his entire WCW Library? No that would be WWE who own that. Will he have a match in front of 70000 people in TNA? Will he get exposure to the largest possible audience?

For a man in his last year or so of Wrestling, he should be in the biggest company he possibly can, because all would need to happen would be a career ending injury like Hulk Hogan and Sting would never be signed to do something with WWE apart from a HOF appearence.

• Paid Members
He's not pandering to your wet dreams. He's getting the most money for doing the least... that's the definition of succes.

So TNA/Spike are paying him Million's are they? I doubt that very mich indeed. Your telling me Sting will make a fortune from Merchandise in TNA? Do they have access to his entire WCW Library? No that would be WWE who own that. Will he have a match in front of 70000 people in TNA? Will he get exposure to the largest possible audience?

For a man in his last year or so of Wrestling, he should be in the biggest company he possibly can, because all would need to happen would be a career ending injury like Hulk Hogan and Sting would never be signed to do something with WWE apart from a HOF appearence.

I think he means rather than jump on board with WWE for (you are correct in saying at least a million+) sting would rather have a n easy ride for $500,000+ a year which in all right is still alot of money.

• Paid Members
Well, it'd surprise me as I reckon Mr Carter doesn't say "waht" and can actually speak in sentences.

I can't believe all the people throwing their toys out over this. This is good business, good promotion. To be honest, TNA have essentially got a shitload of free publicity out of something the WWE did, there have been Sting signs on Raw, the internet exploded over it, and they've secured him for their show. Well done Dixie.

Also, I know the hotshotting of the title is a bit Russoriffic, but I reckon it's a good story. Hogan comes back, he's all chuffed at having control of the company, then he loses control of the title to Sting of all people! Sting who hates him, who's always spoken out against him, who can't be controlled or bought. Makes the next few months interesting.

I'm looking forward to it. Sting/Hogan is such a great story, as you pointed out. In storyline terms Sting is the only man Hogan truely fears because he always rides in on his white horse and exposes him. Granted this is TNA so we won't get anything compelling.

I can't see how this is good business what so ever for Sting. Signing with WWE would bring him a shit load of money in wage's and royalties for merchandise including an obviously hot selling DVD. Not to mention massive fan interest in hot feuds with the likes of Taker. So he is a terrible business man.

I'm sure renowned business man Real Estate Steve knows more than you. WWE probably wanted him to work 5 times as much as TNA do (if they actually wanted a match) and per date it didn't add up. TNAs easy money, he gets to hangout with old faces and work his own pace. Also those DVD/book/HOF deals will always be there, he just has better things to do.

I'm sure renowned business man Real Estate Steve knows more than you. WWE probably wanted him to work 5 times as much as TNA do (if they actually wanted a match) and per date it didn't add up. TNAs easy money, he gets to hangout with old faces and work his own pace. Also those DVD/book/HOF deals will always be there, he just has better things to do.

No arguments from me. Well put man.

• Paid Members

What I love about TNA is that just whenever you think they're getting back on track with the awful situations they get themselves in, they always bugger it back up at the last second. They're unpredictable. I also like that I can watch TNA and it's like watching Raw at the same time because they never shut up about it.

• Paid Members

Sting is a very successful real estate agent and earns more from that than he does in TNA. He's on $600,000 a year, for working three times a month and he gets half the year off. Why should he "be in the biggest company he possibly can"? Batista, Jericho, Hardy, Van Dam, Lesnar, Lashley, MVP and others have walked out on WWE because they cant be arsed with the shit that you have to put up with in that company. Why would Sting at age 52 want to leave his comfort zone? If you a multi-millionaire, who can still compand high money like Sting can, do you think anyone would be controlled by Vince McMahon? Of course they wouldnt. The Hall of Fame and a WrestleMania match might be fine and dandy to someone who is a mark for themselves and the wrestling business, but in reality, its just another payday if you couldn't give a fuck about it. Sting's wrestled infront of big houses before, so that building doesn't make a difference to his ego. He's wrestled on a show which gains a big buyrate before, so WrestleMania wouldn't make a bit of difference. He could give a fuck if WWE put a DVD out about him, because he's got a church and a real state business to run. Sting doesnt play the negotiation game. He does what he wants. That should be comended. All the examples your giving would be relevent, if your talking about the Honky Tonk Man or Bill Eadie. Royalities off a DVD and a HOF payday and a 90 none complete clause probably wouldn't pay Sting's taxes.

People crying about Sting going to TNA is hilarious. Its probably the same people who thought Sting was still going to debut on Monday even though the Undertaker was in the fucking buildup video. Its not wonder WWE and TNA has no respect for its audience, when they believe shit like that.

What I love about TNA is that just whenever you think they're getting back on track with the awful situations they get themselves in, they always bugger it back up at the last second. They're unpredictable. I also like that I can watch TNA and it's like watching Raw at the same time because they never shut up about it.

Sorry, what do you mean by that?

• Paid Members
All the examples your giving would be relevent, if your talking about the Honky Tonk Man or Bill Eadie. Royalities off a DVD and a HOF payday and a 90 none complete clause probably wouldn't pay Sting's taxes.

Didn't Honky tell them to fuck off last year because the payoff was less than he earned on an Indy date?

However, I'm sure if he was offered a tribute DVD Honky would rip their arms off.

• Paid Members
All the examples your giving would be relevent, if your talking about the Honky Tonk Man or Bill Eadie. Royalities off a DVD and a HOF payday and a 90 none complete clause probably wouldn't pay Sting's taxes.

Didn't Honky tell them to fuck off last year because the payoff was less than he earned on an Indy date?

However, I'm sure if he was offered a tribute DVD Honky would rip their arms off.

Honky Tonk Man always does, because the 90 day none complete clause you have to sign means he'd be missing autograph signings and indy dates which means he'd lose far more than an actual Hall of Fame appearance. Honky Tonk was actually a bad example by me now thinking about it, because he's similar to Sting, in the sense that he goes where the money goes and if the money isn't right he isnt going to do it.

• Paid Members

I surely can't be the only one that's noticed that not an episode of Impact goes by where someone doesn't talk about WWE?. On this Impact alone we had a direct copy of The Undertaker's video package, and Tazz saying "Vintage" and then laughing about it because he had acknowledged Michael Cole. We've had god knows how many people talk about WWE and "up north" every week. It's pathetic.

I think it was Chris Jericho who mentioned it ages ago too that TNA brag about being second best, when they should actually brag about being The best.

and Tazz saying "Vintage" and then laughing about it because he had acknowledged Michael Cole.

The stupidest part of this is that "Vintage" is one of Cole's catchphrases now, yet Tazz thinks he's hilarious because he's taking the piss out of Cole's over-used line. Next we'll see Rob Terry walking down the aisle shouting "YOU CAN'T SEE ME!"

I surely can't be the only one that's noticed that not an episode of Impact goes by where someone doesn't talk about WWE?. On this Impact alone we had a direct copy of The Undertaker's video package, and Tazz saying "Vintage" and then laughing about it because he had acknowledged Michael Cole. We've had god knows how many people talk about WWE and "up north" every week. It's pathetic.

I think it was Chris Jericho who mentioned it ages ago too that TNA brag about being second best, when they should actually brag about being The best.

Oh your so right, it gets annoying. I much prefer the smugness that promotions have by pretending that they are wrestling, and that no other promotions exsist. It doesn't make sense to advertise the bigger company that you are desperatly trying to catch up with in every form (ratings, burates, sales etc).

Excuse Me Excuse Me may i have your attention?

TNA have done a spoof so what? WWE gained newspaper coverage for the simple fact there was rumour sting had signed a one year deal. Why wouldn't TNA try and piggy back that hype? And so what if hes been in TNA for ages? It's changed since he went awol and so's he this is a fresh sting, in shape and a new look. There's so much for him to be involved with and it's a massive deal.

Archived