Tna Impacts Shocking Return?

bono

Jericho summed up TNA spot on in there last interview.

He said something along the lines of they always acknowledge they are the No.2 product on the market, and if you are watching and think they are any good......you'd most likely think the no.1 product would be better, and switch over.

I get really annoyed at TNA, as they have the tools (possible huge budget/great wrestlers/legends to back up the younger guys) but always fail in my eyes, (Crap suprises / copying WWE / stupidly confussing storylines / etc).

As for sting though regardless of what has been reported the fact he has a stupidly light schedule for a huge some of money might play a factor into things. He's had cracking matches in TNA, but at the same time he is in his 50's and would most likely have to be "dragged" into a coupld of those performances, but then again ive always personally thought he knew his stuff.

Either way, fair game on him for earning a bit of money!

Wait, what? You were all for those 21.2.11 promos to be Sting. Not TNA have rehashed WWE's promo and Sting's apparently returning, you're not so hot on the idea.

:confused:

As others have said, most people liked the sound of Sting in WWE, not the return of Sting to TNA.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

He said something along the lines of they always acknowledge they are the No.2 product on the market, and if you are watching and think they are any good......you'd most likely think the no.1 product would be better, and switch over.

I get really annoyed at TNA, as they have the tools (possible huge budget/great wrestlers/legends to back up the younger guys) but always fail in my eyes, (Crap suprises / copying WWE / stupidly confussing storylines / etc).

As for sting though regardless of what has been reported the fact he has a stupidly light schedule for a huge some of money might play a factor into things. He's had cracking matches in TNA, but at the same time he is in his 50's and would most likely have to be "dragged" into a coupld of those performances, but then again ive always personally thought he knew his stuff.

Wait, what? You were all for those 21.2.11 promos to be Sting. Not TNA have rehashed WWE's promo and Sting's apparently returning, you're not so hot on the idea.

The point is though the Promo is original, it doesnt matter who it is. TNA ripped off WWE by doing a similar promo in TNA, When they should have done something else completely.

What i dont like is sily hypes "Former World champion" turning out to be Al Snow whos a former world tag champion, or Lashley who was a former ECW world champ (thats a seperate argument if you classed that as a world title), but just rubbish suprises.

If anything im just a bit miffed Sting is still in TNA........i would rather he turned up in WWE, mainly as he could have a final run, and retire in the big leagues. But if hes after money, fair enough.

• Paid Members

As others have said, most people liked the sound of Sting in WWE, not the return of Sting to TNA.

That's horse-shit. It's still Sting. I'm just happy he's back and TNA's now on Freeview meaning I can watch it, having not took the plunge for Sky or other digital TV.

Winning the belt even I'll say is just TNA spunking their load. As someone said before, just showing up

Just checked it out on Youtube, couldn't be bothered to sit through the entire episode of Impact, even though the Main Event looked exciting. What can I say? They gone and done it, they actually copied the WWE in the most blatent way possible. Almost a "ha ha, Sting is with us and not you!". A Wrestler who was last seen on the episode of Impact after Bound For Glory last year I think.

Like others have said here, Sting in WWE = New, fresh, exciting, never before seen and alot of Wrestling fans dream. Sting in TNA = Not in the slightest bit fresh new or exciting and been seen loads of times.

I wonder if the WWE even talked to Sting, because if he turned then down on moral grounds and decided to resign for TNA he is daft. I wonder if he will do an anti WWE promo on Impact next week.

Oned question though, does Sting being on Impact next week desperately make you want to tune in?

• Paid Members

Sting is my favourite wreslter of all time, but unless hes in some sort of match that i'd like to watch (i think i saw his match with magnus aswell as his scuffles with Angle), i still pass on impact every time. Sadly it looks as if sting will never be in WWE, but in all fairness again if hes after a stupidly light schedule and stupid money, TNA is the place for him.

The nail in the coffin for me was that "They" were fourtune, as i dont think that made any sense at all.

The way i see it, when Stings contract run out and WWE were allegedly sniffing around (which i can believe, as the original plan WAS to do something WCW orientated) Sting probably took the time off, spoke with WWE (even if by phone), and given how Dixie and TNA are total Sting marks just watched as TNA probbaly entered into a non existent dutch auction with WWE over his services and like Gordon Gecko watched the price go up. I can imgaine it being like this:

Sting "well Dixie, you know WWE really want me, they have this HOF deal going, they want this BIG Wrestlemania match with undi planned and they want to do a BIG career dvd set"

***after freaking out***

Dixing is pacing back and forth. "christ Sting is our Icon and main player, if he goes to WWE were finished, WWE will be too strong and others will want to exodus to"

Dixie: "Well sting, I er, we can do $300k for a 1 year contract"

Sting: "well, i would make alot more Dixie with the WWE and dvd deal. You know im loyal though and i love TNA. But you know i have these commitments, and my church etc. Nash has gone there and i heard lex may be there. it'd be a lot of money for 1 match. get back to me"

***after freaking out full-scale***

Dixie (on dual speaker phone) "dad, Spike!, Sting is going to WWE they've offered him the HOF, the main event, this is going to kill TNA, he is the DRAW, he is the MAN, WE NEED HIM< WE NEED HIM!!!"

Spike/Mr Carter: "Do waht you need to do, we cant have TNA go under, with out current deals"

Dixie: "Hi Sting, we really love you at TNA, we're prepared to offer you 600k, the title, and only 20 or so dates a year + you can no show and go off whenever you like. Dont leave, dont leave done leave"

Sting: "see you thursday!"

wouldnt surprise me if that is pretty much verbatim!

Well, it'd surprise me as I reckon Mr Carter doesn't say "waht" and can actually speak in sentences.

I can't believe all the people throwing their toys out over this. This is good business, good promotion. To be honest, TNA have essentially got a shitload of free publicity out of something the WWE did, there have been Sting signs on Raw, the internet exploded over it, and they've secured him for their show. Well done Dixie.

Also, I know the hotshotting of the title is a bit Russoriffic, but I reckon it's a good story. Hogan comes back, he's all chuffed at having control of the company, then he loses control of the title to Sting of all people! Sting who hates him, who's always spoken out against him, who can't be controlled or bought. Makes the next few months interesting.

I would wish than rather than just have talent go off air for a few months and then comeback to pop the rating ( or a 0.02 in tna case) , that thye actually built towards omething to get the rating. Christ in 2009 TNA was at its ebst for me and i loved the MEM, the new 'TNA' era has ruined it and turned it into WCW 1999!

I can't see how this is good business what so ever for Sting. Signing with WWE would bring him a shit load of money in wage's and royalties for merchandise including an obviously hot selling DVD. Not to mention massive fan interest in hot feuds with the likes of Taker. So he is a terrible business man.

Hi Miz

That WWE calling is always going to be there. Sting is only 52, wrestles an economic style and only about 10 times a year max. I dont believe for one second Sting cares about 'BIG' never before matchups (ie Undi, HBK, Cena etc) . At TNA he can come in for a few days and he'll be paid a fortune p.a for it. At WWE he'd still have to do some kind of schedule and he'd be a smaller finish in a BIG pond. At TNA he's the BIG name. Sting will milk TNA until it likley goes bust, and gets bought up by WWE. Sting can then join the WWE HOF and get the career DVD set everyone has been screaming for. No way he has to join WWE yet, not when TNA is trhowing $$$$ at him!

I can't see how this is good business what so ever for Sting. Signing with WWE would bring him a shit load of money in wage's and royalties for merchandise including an obviously hot selling DVD. Not to mention massive fan interest in hot feuds with the likes of Taker. So he is a terrible business man.

I think this return proves the opposite?

He's not pandering to your wet dreams. He's getting the most money for doing the least... that's the definition of succes.

I can't believe all the people throwing their toys out over this. This is good business, good promotion. To be honest, TNA have essentially got a shitload of free publicity out of something the WWE did, there have been Sting signs on Raw, the internet exploded over it, and they've secured him for their show. Well done Dixie.

Yeah but after just one week in typical TNA fashion nobody will give a shit about Sting or TNA, their numbers wont increase and so on, Im going to have to agree with The Miz on this, theirs a good reason why Nash and Booker didnt go back to TNA, Im a massive Sting fan, but im surprised at this, for me theirs nothing left for him new to do/feud with in TNA that I havent seen, or care about.

As for the promo Im sure its someones idea as a fuck you to Vince, however Vince already squashed TNA like the bug they are by bringing The Rock back, TNA had a PPV the night before and not one person was even talking about it, TNA bring back Hogan and Sting and Vince will probably bring back stone cold, again leaves TNA dead, believe me I want to like TNA and they have great young talent, better than WWE imo, but sometimes the shit they do, just makes them look daft and its hard for me to defend.

Archived